1. My name… REVEN GREH.
836 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huff… Huff… Huff…"

Sounds of heavy breathing rang out in the air.

A man no a teenager of around 18 or 19 years, laying beside a rock which acted as a support and tried to control his heavy breathing and clam his nerves down.

He looked as if he has woken up from a nightmare. Well… on another point the last few months has been nightmare for him anyways…

"Thank you." He said as he looked towards the man in front of him.

The man was dressed in grayish-white clothes. He had a full beard around his face, his eyes were like sapphire and eyebrows were like two swords.

He looked at the teenager amusingly and said "No worries kiddo."

The man gazed at the kid but the teenager felt as if his entire existence has been flipped open in front of this unknown man.

His instincts told him that the man in front of has completely seen through him… his past, his action and their consequences…

The man continued to stare at him and said "Amusing kid. It's really amusing to see someone like you… it's even more amusing to see your response."

The boy looked at the man and said a bit sarcastically "Nowadays nothing seems to be impossible to me anymore so well I don't really get shocked anymore… and it is not really amusing."

"Sarcasm kiddo huh… I guess after all this which you have gone through it does sound plausible."

After hearing the man's words the boy started to think back… at his lone journey… the journey which was just a few months long but it destroyed his very being… the journey which force him to think that was he a human any more…

He stared blankly into the air as tears started roll out of his dead eyes.

The man silently looked at the boy.

The man could understand what the kid is going through now as he himself had looked into the boy's journey.

"It is fine kid, for very debt there shall lay a debtor, for every misfortune there shall always lay a fortune."

The boy wiped the tears coming out of his dead eyes and said hoarsely "Debt and debtor huh… I wonder what kind of debt I had to pay which made me this miserable."

"Sigh… if you want I can listen…."

Silence….

The man and the boy silently stared at each other.

After seemingly an eternity passed the boy spoke "It may sound like a few years in time but it's a long one… Are you sure?"

"I have all the time in the world."

Sigh…

This time it was the boy who sighed and stated "We don't even know each other old man, and I don't seem have any connections with you as this is the first time we have met in the first place."

"Well… as I said for every misfortune there shall lay a fortune so you can consider me your fortune. Also no time like the present to know each other." The man chuckled and continued.

"My name is Hayate Azurmane, but I am famous as 'The Heart Slayer'. What is your name boy?"

The boy knew that the man knows his name yet he answered "My name… Reven Greh.

Meaning of Reven is to return debts and to bring despair to my enemies, though currently it's me who is in despair while Greh represents the nature of living which is not black or white rather it is grey and the planets."

The boy then looked at the old man seriously and continued with conviction "And I will soon be famous as 'Void' throughout all of existence."

The man grinned and said "I shall remember it then… now let's start with your story or should I say journey shall we…"

HUUUUUUUUFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

The boy looked at the man and took a deep breath as he said…

"I wonder when it started… was it when we began our mission or was it after that incident… no it all started that day… or should I say night… the night known to all of us as 'THE LUNAR DOOM'…

-----

15 Years Back, Planet Earth, Year-2119

Twachak!!

A figure fell down as a bat hit straight on his face. Blood started to seep out his ears as he lost his consciousness.

In the alleyways of Edens, the new Indian Sub-Continental (ISC) Union. Three figures could be seen with iron rods in their hands their age was just around 3 to 5 years.

There was a look of dread in their eyes as they saw the boy in front of them who was holding a bat dyed in red in his one and a half eaten burger in his other.

They didn't care about the boy who fell down rather they looked at the boy and said "You motherfu*ker give us the burger."

The boy looked at them unamusingly and said "This is my loot… you guys never shared your loot so you should forget about it." As he continued to eat the rest of the burger.

"Fu*ker… I want to kill you right now…"

"Go ahead and try… I wonder who will die first."

"Stop it guys. He has already eaten it. There is no point in fighting now." Said one of the three boys.

The other boy checked the kid who fell down.

"Alaksh wake up already." He said as he slapped the kid once.

The boy started to regain his consciousness and demanded for water.

"Here." Another boy presented.

Slowly he got up and cleaned the blood seeping out of nose and ears as he said "Today was your lucky day… but beware I will fu*king kill you someday."

"Boss, is the best." Said the guy in the middle of the three kids.

"Let's get out of here boys." Said the seemingly boss of the three who is named Alaksh.

The three goons walked back as leaving the place while Alaksh looked back to the boy and said with contempt "Count your days… Reven I will definitely kill you soon."

After that he left too.

The 3 year old Reven was finally left alone.

Fuuuuu...

His nerves calm down as took a deep breath.

Reven was an orphan. He had no idea who his parents were and why did they even birth him only to leave him in this cruel world alone.

After the 4th World War living a good life was a joke to people like him. The world now ran on completely different terms, democracy had turned into a farce.

Kids his age can only live a seemingly reasonable life if they are the children of rich people, govt. employee, army personnel.

He has already accepted with his situation and lived on with it.

His heart was colder then ice and his mind was as calculating as of a politician even in the young age of 3.

He just hoped that there was a bit more hope in the world. What more a 3 years old boy could ask for anyways…

He walked towards the near bin to find a place to sleep for a bit. He checked the place for a bit and then dozed off.

He hugged the bat as he knew this was his life saver in times of danger.

…..

11