3. The Lunar Doom.
335 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week passed, Reven was able to move his body now but the boy never once talked to the colonel.

Inwardly, Reven didn't want to leave this house.

At least here he was getting enough food to eat. He was a mere 3 years old boy, what else could he ask for if not this… but he knew this was impossible…

That night, Reven was sitting on a chair on the gallery watching the night sky shining because of the stars and the full moon, when suddenly the colonel came from behind and said "The sky looks peaceful doesn't it."

"Yeah."

"If only the Earth could be this peaceful too."

Hmmm…hmmm.

"Hey kid… you should stay with me..."

"What?"

"Seriously… because of the war I never made a family. So, I was thinking maybe we could make a family of our own. You and me… what do you say?"

"Why me?"

"Well... you can say it's fate. I joined the patrolling division to get out of the border, I am sick of it now… the world wars destroyed the very nature of humanity."

"But the rumors…"

"Well… it's true there are high chances that the 5th will start soon… that's why I want to have a family dunno when I will die if the war starts.

Sigh! That's why I stopped dating or looking for a girl.

Still after seeing you I realized that except for fighting wars I didn't do anything… so at least I deserve to have someone to carry my legacy don't I."

Reven kept looking at the sky for sometime but soon tears came out of his eyes. The 3 years old boy didn't know that this warmth was enough to melt his little cold heart.

He also didn't know that this very incident will give him enough strength to go on and on in his endless journey which was about to come… 

The colonel turned towards the kid and said "There… there kid… don't cry. My crybaby child. It will hurt this old man."

The boy wiped his tears he kept looking at the sky and said "First I am not a crybaby and second, how old are you again?"

"42 years… kid."

"Heck… you really are old man."

They both looked at each other and laughed loudly for a minute and then turned silent.

Reven turned to look at the moon again and with a smile on his face said "Thank you. Old man."

The old man no Aarav looked at the moon too and said "Thank you too."

It was at this moment, the moon suddenly vanished into thin air as the sky darkened. Reven and Aarav looked at each other again and this with confusion.

"Is it me or the moon suddenly vanished!" Said Reven as he kept looking at the place where the moon was…

He tried to focus his eyes more to realize that it's not that the entire moon has vanished but about 2/3rd of it vanished leaving behind a crescent moon with not much shine in it anymore.

"It's not the full moon that vanished but 2/3rd of it!!!" Aarav said with a shocked face.

"Did they nuked the moon this time or something?"

"No… no matter how powerful the nukes may be it wouldn't make the moon's 2/3rd part vanish."

"Just what the fu*k is happening."

"Wait let me contact the officials from military."

The old man went inside and called someone. After 10 minutes he came back and said "Something serious has happened. They have red alerted the military. They do not know the cause but it's serious. I need to go kid."

"Okay! Just return safely."

Little did they know that this very incident changed the entire course of human history on Earth and brought out their doom too…

-----

<"We call it 'The Lunar Doom'. And we do not have any scientific reason behind this incident." Said a scientist.

Following him a reporter stated-

'The Lunar Doom' that is the name that the scientists have decided to give this incident.>

Reven switched off the television as the same topic has been going on in the T.V. for days now. It has been a month from that incident.

Reven was now completely healed and his body was also in better shape now, it was no more malnourished. He looked healthy and fit, fitting for a boy his age.

'The Lunar Doom' had many consequences.

The ecosystem which was already on the verge of collapsing deteriorated even more, cyclones, tsunamis and other disasters struck Earth due to the drastic gravitational changes on the planet.

But the most disgusting thing was that a few countries still kept on blaming others as if they want the 5th World War to come even after this happened.

Some cultist groups said that it is the work of some God who is dissatisfied with us.

The most interesting thing was that there was some kind of energy that had started to enter the atmosphere.

None of the scientist could find anything about it as they said that this thing doesn't obey any laws of physics, which caused them to have zero knowledge about it.

Some geeks even started to call it Mana, Qi, Ether, Essence but there was no response from the scientists.

Some Chinese geeks even tried to train themselves with this energy which they call 'Cultivation' but they were not even able to intake the energy.

"What do you think this is? Old man." Reven said as he looked towards the old man who just woke up from his nap and came to the living room.

"Dunno… But I have a bad premonition about it."

"Same here."

"It feels like 'The Lunar Doom' was just the tip of the iceberg…"

"Did the scientist send someone to the moon to check what happened?"

"No, they are still researching with the machines… and it will most likely take several years for them to finish… as for the moon expedition I think it will need at least 5 years."

"Anyways I think I will have to go back to the borders again…"

"I heard the tensions are increasing."

"Yeah... I hope there is no war again."

"Old man, I want to join the army training school." Reven said seriously.

"I thought so too… with the current situation it will good for you to join it. At least you can ensure your own protection. I think with my connections you can even get to the Special Forces training course.

But you need to be at least 6 years old to join the training, all the other children do the same too."

"I see…"

Due to the 3rd and the 4th World War the humanity has even changed its teaching standards now everyone had to unroll in army at the age of six whether it was a noble or an orphan it was the same for all.

All the other jobs can be granted after passing out of the army which are all under strict control of the government.

-----

2 Months Later

A boy looked the mirror in front of him…

He saw a kid with pitch black hairs which reached his shoulders, his eyebrows were like twin swords with a small 2mm cut mark on his right eyebrow which wasn't visible easily but if someone looked closely they can notice it, this cut didn't really look ugly but added to his charm, his black eyes which looked like they would devour anything that gets in its way had a tinge of maturity in it, a small nose, thin lips, there was no baby fat in cheeks, his body was quite well built for a 3 years old.

"Get ready we are going somewhere."

"Huh..."

"Don't Huh… me. I have leave for the borders so you have to live somewhere don't you. You can't live alone kiddo."

"Okay, but who is it…"

"My junior… she is like a nephew to me. Her father was my friend we fought the 4th together but he died in the war.

The girl was just 23 at that time but then she joined the army too hell she is a natural talent… you can learn a lot from her in my absence as she is also in the Special Forces."

"Fine…"

They got ready and left the house in the old man's car. They lived in a house near a hill which was in the north of the armed base.

They travelled to east of the armed base where usually scientists lived under protection. The car took a turn near the alley and then went straight near a small hill.

A small stream of water was coming out of that hill.

Aarav stopped the car and said "C'mon we have to walk from here."

"Okay."

They walked for a few minutes and soon saw a house.

Aarav went ahead and tapped the door-bell as he said to Reven "Kid, she is very strict with rules though she is usually easy going so be a good boy."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just don't anger her much or else you are screwed."

The boy was about to say something but the door opened first and his jaw dropped…

…..

8