6. War Ridden World!
219 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So you are enrolling directly for the Special Forces huh…" The official looked at Reven surprised with his choice.

"Here is your time-table. It is already verified according to the form you have filled." He continued.

"Thank you." Said Reven politely.

The admission procedures were finished soon... Aarav and Aimee also left as soon as the procedure was done.

Reven checked the time-table and saw that the classes will start from 1st of April. So he had one day to familiarize himself with the academy.

He first went to his dorm to check his room. Soon he reached his dorm which was just beside the main building and the cafeteria.

He then entered his room. It was a small room with a kitchen and bathroom attached but it was cozy. He could see that his luggage was already there too. It was at this moment he heard a voice outside his room.

He opened the door and checked.

"Hey Reven. Its sure been a while." It was Dave Jarret the son of Major General Jarret and Reven's senior by a year.

Reven had got to know him a year before when he went to the birthday party of the President's daughter.

"Hey Dave. You sure look more packed than before." Said Reven with a smirk.

"Oh please, if it were not for Emma I wouldn't have done all this."

Emma Flanck was the president's daughter and well Dave was her boyfriend so he needed to be the best to prove to his girl's father.

"I pity you dude. This year's Special Forces batch only consist of a single guy… and that my friend is you."

The Special Forces may seem easier but the normal age to join it was 12 years, only a few students who specifically want and have the ability can join it early.

Well, joining it early had it perks too as they will get the right to leave after doing 7 missions for the country… which is the main reason Reven decided to join it.

He didn't want to stay in the army more than he needed to.

He just wanted to have a small family and have the ability to protect it…

"Well I can at least join the theory classes with the regular kids plus I have a few friends there too."

"That's good then… C'mon let's go and meet the others as well." Said Dave.

"Okay…"

They directly went to the cafeteria where all the new students and the older students usually gathered.

The commoner students had a different cafeteria for them too but on the opposite side of the main building.

It is done like this to give the commoners and low rank cadets a bit of space and an environment of competition as everyone with a capable enough rank could get in here.

Here it was not like those old Chinese webnovels where the high ranked cadets were only there to be a stepping stone for the MC and were here as some side characters…

It is because commoners knew that each and every student had to work like dogs to get here.

The army didn't show mercy to anyone… and every year many commoners will get out of here with officer ranks too.

Overall it was a highly competitive academy.

Reven and Dave went to a nearby table where a group of students in the academy uniform were sitting.

"Hey Emma look whom I have got." Dave said to a girl sitting at the front.

"Reven it's you." said Emma as she jumped up from her chair and hugged Reven.

Emma was a cheerful girl who seemed to make everyone her friend but insides she was one of the most terrifying girl Reven met. Well she was the daughter of the President for nothing…

"Sup, guys… How are your days going here?"

Reven asked the others present around the table as he pushed Emma.

Around the table starting from the left were Riyu Mikasaki, the son of Marine Commander;

Gaurav Hasra, the son of the Army chief;

Lucia Keanu, the daughter of Air Marshal;

Rachel Romanov, the daughter of foreign minister

And Ankan Sashtri, the son of the economics minister.

They were the ones whom Reven had made sure to make some connections with so he had to treat them well.

"All good…" Stated Riyu.

Of them Lucia, Gaurav, Ankan, Dave and Emma were seniors of Reven while the rest had just joined the academy like him.

"So Reven tell us how did to stick to your decision of joining the Special Forces. I mean with your old man being a 'War Hero' who even turned down his medals only to have a normal life. You sure are different" Asked Rachel.

"Well… First I am adopted and second I also want it free but without serving the subcontinent for at least a minimum period I wouldn't get free from the services.

So I took the fastest way out of it." Reven stated the truth as he knew that these guys with their intelligence would already know everything about him anyways.

"It's also the fasted way to heaven… pal." Said Lucia with a smirk.

"Well… if death comes then death it is. At least I won't have to see another World War then…"

The atmosphere turned heavy as currently the strange energy which was also called 'World Energy' now, enveloped Earth after 'The Lunar Doom' has increased its concentration heavily.

Though it didn't affect anything yet but one wrong move from some idiotic country and 5th will start just like how the 4th started because of that North Korean idiot Kim Dik Un.

"Well guys lets exchange the contacts if we ever need it." Emma said as everyone used their Wrist-Bands to exchange their contacts.

"Let's check the perimeters of the academy shall we… you seniors can show us…" Said Reven to the group.

Thus the group started to look around the campus. Checked different facilities and important places around the academy.

-----

The Next Day,

Reven woke up early in the morning then went out for the PT drills which were conducted together with the commoners.

After that a Yoga and Meditation session was conducted. By the time it ended it was 6:30 am.

Everyone then went to their rooms where the breakfast was usually delivered, the students could make their own breakfast too.

After that Reven took a shower and got ready for the theory classes.

By 7:30 am the first class started.

The period was modern history which was very important to know to get a grasp of the current geo-politics.

As the teacher started his lecture Reven started to think back to what he had learned about the current world.

Year 2058.

The conflict between United States and China for trade supremacy reached its peak. As the value of American dollar began to drop because of the rapid rise of Chinese yuan.

It led to the beginning of the next Cold War between China and America. And the world started to pay the price for it.

Surprising to all Russia went totally sidelines for the first time in history. India as always never took any part in it.

Fast forward to Year 2080, United States started to close its hand of China by adding more countries to NATO which included Taiwan and South Korea too.

At this point only Pakistan and few Central Asian countries were left with China but America didn't do anything because of Russia's threat.

Many countries suffered a lot in this process like few Latin American countries, Afghanistan etc.

Year 2082 was the final nail to the coffin as America cut-off entire trade with China.

This caused a chain reaction as China started to use the puppet strategy in Pakistan, North Korea and even forced Russia because of Russian dependence on China.

Though this had decreased much after 2060s as Russia shifted its dependency to India which led to even closer ties between them now. But 30 years was not enough to completely shift its needs.

Year 2090, whole world was shocked, why you ask? Some Pakistani terrorists ended to shooting the Army Chief of United States during his meet at Afghanistan to make Afghanistan a part of NATO and apparently the bullet was made in China.

Hell finally broke out. And the 3rd World War started…

The result that India had to force itself to step up with Israel and Australia to support the US.

The Chinese also started to show their true colours as they launched attacks on multiple fronts one in India from LAC, one in Taiwan, in South Korea, even in Poland through Belarus and it even placed Nukes in Cuba…

Year 2098, the 3rd World War ended.

It was not a defeat of China rather a tie.

It was because suddenly the Opioid Epidemic started in America again after 2000s in a large scale…

Apparently this was what China had planned all along… though China lost much in the War but America had to deal with their youths now…

India, Israel and few sub-continental countries were forced to fight the war as they had either China or some terrorists countries located near them.

India also took back all the areas which were under Chinese occupation including Tibbet.

Pakistan was no more as almost everyone there was killed, Indian spies took all the nukes from Pakistan in the middle of this as they feared that Pakistan will go insane and end up bombing India.

Taiwan ate a nuke from China while Cuba ate one from America in response.

Russia was silently watching everything.

Just as the World thought everything was coming to an end another problem was starting to brew up and this was even more devastating than the other…

…..

6