11. End of Battle.
159 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“???”

Everyone looked at Reven with questioning eyes.

Then in their Seven-Link they got the reply…

“It was me.” The one who spoke was none other than Ronny. It was then that they realized what happened.

When the cyborg was going to self-destruct itself. Reven held it in position so that it doesn’t make any unnecessary movements and made it easier for Ronny to lock onto its position. Then with the help of Vera and Aleena, Ronny shot the weakest point of the cyborg thereby neutralizing it.

Phew… 

Sighs of relief rang out of everyone.

“For a second, I thought we were goners.” Ken said.

“Well… all is well that's ends well.” Reven replied with a relieved face clearly he was also very tensed there. How can they not be? This was their first on-field mission and they had to deal with a cyborg on their very first mission.

Although the purpose of their creation was to beat the cyborgs and the super-soldiers but they were still quite inexperienced.

It was then that Aimee rushed to the battlefield and jumped on Reven with a tight hug.

“Thank God you are safe. I don’t know what I would do if anything happened to you.” Aimee said without realizing that others were here too.

The atmosphere turned awkward.

Cough! Cough!

Reven coughed and said “Commander, I think this isn't the right time.”

Aimee realized that she had unknowingly said all that and blushed but quickly turned serious and continued “Apologies everyone… I lost myself for a bit there.

You have all done a wonderful job.

Not only we have secured the target but we now have a full-fledged cyborg in good condition too this will definitely be a big leap in ISC's research studies.”

Talos than chimed in and said “Let’s have a party tonight guy.”

“Hell yeah… let's have one. What do you say captain?” said Jun.

“Why not? Let's have one. It will really help us relax.” Reven replied.

“You guys go. The regiment will handle the rest.” Aimee said.

“Yes, Commander.” With that Reven and his group took the jeep which had just arrived and left the battlefield.

Looking at the back of the jeep Aimee's smile turned into indifference and her eyes turned cold and she gritted her teeth.

‘These bastards… They send 10years old kids to handle such missions. They are out of their minds.’

-----

Later that evening.

The group had already returned to ISC. And were having a party.

“Damn, after becoming a Meta-Human even the most concentrated alcohol gets digested like it's normal water.” Said Aleena while drinking a glass of wine.

“Well… you have to sacrifice something to get something else.” Said Ken.

“That’s true. We are getting healing effect almost to the point of regeneration for nothing. Plus, our physical bodies are capable enough to be unaffected by most types of energy outputs. Even radiation can't destroy our bodies for nothing.” Said Geena.

“Sigh… if only it also provided us with unlimited strength rather than just increasing the talent, capacity and durability of our bodies.” Parth said with a sigh.

“C'mon guys we are already better than others in many ways so be happy with what you got and don’t sound so pessimistic…” Talos chimed in.

“Talos is right guys we are already much better than the others and at least we don’t have chips implanted on our brain… that itself is good isn’t it.” Felix said supporting Talos.

“You fuc*ers… lemme enjoy some wine will you… stop spouting like some all-knowing bitches and enjoy for now will ya…” Reven shouted and silencing the rest as they looked at Reven astonishingly.

“What? Don’t think much. For now, enjoy already.”

Silence persevered…

Then…

Hahahahahahahaha…hahahahaha…

“Well he is right. No point in discussing those things right now. Let's just enjoy while we can.”

At the same time inside the army base of ISC. Four people could be seen sitting on huge chairs looking below at two females in army uniform and listening to the report they presented.

The two women were none other than Aimee and Vera while the report was about the mission they just completed.

After finishing the report one of the four commented “Marvelous! These kids really didn’t let us down. The results were even better than expected.”

“Meta-Human Squad has been a great success indeed. If only the govt. becomes ready to spend more money on them, we can literally change our position from avoiding the wars to finally make a stand for ourselves.” Other officer added.

“The Seven-Links are a success too they are much better than the current communication technology. We have the cyborg too now. It will be a great boost to the nanotech weapons we are researching. What do you say Dr. Vera?”

Vera looked slightly worried but still said “Sir, you are absolutely correct. But sir…”

Aimee cut off Vera and said coldly to the officer “All these comes at a cost sir. Those kids… we are taking their childhood from them without any justification sir.” This was what Vera was worried about.

“Major Solace, I think we have already talked about that.”

“Yes and we didn’t reach any conclusion.”

“That’s what I am saying too… you know better than anyone else that we can't inject GEP if the age conditions aren't met. And we do not have options right now.

This isn't the 21st century we have to take risks, wash our hands with sins for the sake of many. Do you think we want it to be that way? No, but do we have any other options.

Intelligence reports have said that the situation in Africa is getting even more serious if either US or Communist Federation (CF) take total control of the world's only left over resource land then ISC is doomed.

US and CF are even ready to fight the fifth World War for the resources. Right now we don't know what's happening at the moon even after spending billions. We can't be idealist right now there is just too much at stake.”

Silence filled the room.

After seemingly an eternity of silence passed Aimee said “After this mission we can expect Australia and New Zealand to have good relation with ISC even if not to the level of military support but at least we should not worry about the resources for some time.

So I request to at least give the MHS enough experience of war before fighting those abominations again.”

“We also want that but the govt. will not agree. The current govt. is supported on a coalition and it is not stable to the point where they can take these decisions easily.

And without a clear decision from the govt. Sir Rawanth won’t issue the order.” One of the officers said.

“I will take responsibility for it. But 1 year only, that's the most I can get you all.” Another one said with a resolute expression. Clearly this had a lot of problems on its own too. The Army of ISC was not a dictating force rather they were more nationalists who work for national interest which was one of the reasons there was no coup in ISC till date.

“Thank you very much sir. At least they can earn enough experience during this period of time.” Aimee said gratifyingly.

“Now let's take about the team shall we…” Continued another officer.

“Major, we have gone through the files of each one of them and we are satisfied with all the results and their work too.

But I think maybe we could make Talos Brightt the leader. I mean Reven Greh is definitely the best if we talk about competency but the MHS will soon be the face of the army and I don’t think the guy has that much charisma.”

“I have pondered about it too sir. Reven Greh is more analytical and practical but he lacks passion to go forward. He takes this as a pure job rather than a service.”

“Well… most of them in the army are like that. I think the problem is that he lacks ambition.”

“It is as you say, so we have decided that during operations Reven Greh will lead the team and the face will be Talos Brightt for now.”

“It is what it is then.

Also commander send them to different countries from Australia to Japan. Use this time to nurture them ASAP. We think the fight for Africa will start within a year or 2.”

“I understand sir. They will be ready before that.” Aimee replied.

“You are dismissed.”

“For ISC!” Aimee and Vera saluted and left.

-----

The day after.

Reven and co woke up with fresh minds.

After having their breakfast, they met up with Aimee to ask about their new missions or whether they were going back to the academy. Honestly they dreaded that as they already learnt Earth's entire history from its beginning to the present including history of each of the countries, politics, legends even science and math.

It was necessary as their brains needed thousands of time more pressure to fully activate. This was a necessary nightmare for all of them except Reven and Aleena. Reven always liked those things than fighting anyways while this was Aleena's field.

But what they were thinking didn't happen as Aimee assigned them new mission. What surprised them though was that they were not in teams rather they were getting individual missions.

“Congratulations!!! All of you are promoted to Lieutenant rank from today as now you will be doing job with normal people so it is necessary for you.

Now back to the main topic, Talos and Jun will leave for the Western Command. Aleena and Geena will be transferred to the Central Command for R&D. Parth and Jun will go to Australia to deepen our ties with them. Ronny will be going to Antarctica.

Felix will go to London as a spy.

As for Reven… you will be going to Japan!”

…..

Share your experience.

Guys please comment your experience while reading through my work. Do tell me if I can change something to make it more better. 

Also please follow and rate my work if you like it. It will be appreciated a lot.

Thanks!!!

7