12. Ominous Signs.
165 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon is a celestial body which doesn’t have a light source of its own it reflected the light from the sun. It doesn't have an atmosphere of its own and is subjected to extreme heat as well as extreme coldness.

'The Lunar Doom' the incident which made countless scientists to lose the hairs on their heads. It was an incident that was above and beyond any scope of human knowledge and power.

The scientists over the world finally showed some results after years of research but the conclusion they reached was terrifying. The results showed that the moon was hit with something as the telescopes recorded a ray of purple-gold light that hit the moon but the thing was that it had no mass, they literally couldn’t detect any matter in it.

Then after continues researches they finally got to the current conclusion which said that the matter which emitted that light was moving faster than speed of light i.e. it was an antimatter so it wasn't visible to the telescope only the energy particles emitted by it which slowly lost their energy and changed their form from antimatter to matter thereby coming into the action of Mass-Energy relation became visible. As for the remaining invisible antimatter they had no idea about it as of yet the reason being that antimatter doesn’t follow the rules of the known physics.

While the scientists were guessing many different things, someone came to the theory of ‘World Energy' being a result of it. This confused everyone even more but this was also the most viable reason. All-in-all this baffled the scientists all over the world.

-----

March, 2127

Tokyo, ISC-Japan Division.

9 months have passed since Reven's transfer.

In the meeting hall an officer reading a holographic document in front of him with a frown on his face could be seen. He was none other than Reven Greh.

“Lt. Greh what do you think about this matter?” Another officer, Lt. Dave Jarret who was none other than Reven’s senior at the academy questioned to Reven with a stern expression on his face.

“No idea.” Replied Reven as he switched the hologram off.

“Sigh… Just when we thought things were going good. Something like this hits us.” A lady officer, Wing Commander (WC) Lucia Keanu who was also Reven’s friend from academy sighed.

The thing was that the scientist finally came to a conclusive statement about ‘The Lunar Doom' incident and they were really mind boggling and terrifying at the same time. If their theory was correct then it will also explain 'The World Energy' surrounding the planet. And also this will bring a new age in planet Earth's history.

“Let me rephrase this Lt. Greh. Do you think that the reports are true cause if they are then…”

“We will be facing something that is way out of our league. I know…” Reven cut him off.

He continued while pressing his fingers against his forehead “And I believe that they are most likely true. That's the only way to explain the other incidents. Though we don’t really have any evidence but seeing the news of NATO's fail in the latest ‘Doomed Moon's Reconnaissance (DMR) Mission, it's quite clear.”

The atmosphere around the hall turned heavy as Reven finished.

Soon after the discussions continued and everyone else started present their views on the matter.

“I don't think that CF will neglect it either which means the next few months and the Africa Mission will be very important.”

“We may have to choose a side or else with nukes losing their danger because of Plasma Domes. If any of them gets their hands on it the entire power scale will tip off and the balance will be broken.”

“Well we have good relations with Russia and many powerful countries in NATO. No one takes China seriously anymore. So even if they get their hands on it they can only give it to Russia for R&D. But US well if they get it first then we are fu*ked if we don't play it right.

It's like having a cliff on one side while a deep well on the other.”

“Our scientists are also working in the project day and night but it will still take at least 3 years. NATO will also take 3 to 4 years for their next launch as for CF I really hope they don't launch their project too fast.”

“Everyone calm down. We can't get agitated here.” Reven told in a stern voice which silenced the hall. Then he continued “Fix a meeting with the Russians in the Arctic for tomorrow. It's time…”

He didn’t finish his sentence but everybody realized what was that about.

A few years back ISC helped Russia to reclaim Moscow which they lost due to the 4th World War. Reven was thinking to set up the negotiations with this as a base so as to ensure at least some level of cooperation.

“Lt. Jarret you will talk to the higher ups for clearance. Adjourned!” With that everyone got up and left the meeting hall.

-----

Next Day. The Arctic. Russian Military Base.

Reven and a few officers met the Russian officials in secret trying to establish some sort of cooperation between ISC and Russia.

The talks continued for hours even the politicians of both the countries were there talking through holograms.

“We need the cyborg back and an agreement that you will never create any cyborg from the data which you have gathered from the cyborg you captured and we need data about how did you removed the side effects of the Super-Serum. This is the last deal we can extend. Nothing less is of no use to us.”

“We accept but you have to sign the peace agreement between our countries which will be active even if war breaks out between us and CF you will not interfere until we attack you first. And the scientist of both our countries will work together in secret for the Moon Mission to make it happen in 2 years at most.”

“You have got a deal.”

“Pleasure to cooperate with you again.”

Soon the politicians ended their conversation with a reasonable deal.

Reven also shook the hands of his counterpart and left the Russian base with a sigh of relief on his face. 

“The Russians really took GEP as Super-Serum. Lt. Greh your deduction was spot on. It's good thing we prepared for it or else we were close to get our secret revealed.” The President spoke to Reven's mind via the Seven-Link.

“Mr. President the Russian or any other country for that matter have never viewed ISC as someone who could compete with them. It's a trend from the 21st century I just used that and made them take us lightly.” Reven replied with a smirk on his face.

“Genius! Absolute genius! Kid we got a good deal from all of this. You MHS are really the biggest asset the ISC has.” The defense minister said in Reven's mind.

“Thank You. Over and out.” Reven said as he cut the connections.

-----

Another 10 months passed.

There were many things that took place in these 10 months. Some of Reven's other friends from the academy joined him at Japan base. The scientists of ISC and Russia have begun their program too. Australia also made a non-aggression pact with ISC. New Zealand submitted its request to start trade with ISC which was accepted as New Zealand gave an army base to ISC in exchange.

Other thing was that Vera and Aleena have finally finished their research on the data gathered from the cyborg of course as Reven liked researches more than battle he helped them too.

The Nanotech Project was developing at a high pace because of it. Although there was an agreement with Russia not to use the data from Cyborg for use but it’s not like they will know about it and they were working to develop something entirely different from the cyborgs anyways so it didn’t matter.

Today was an important day for Reven as well as the ISC as today they were going Hawaii to meet US officials, NATO members and Chinese and Russian officials.

This was to discuss Africa the only continent where resources were available. This was especially true since the advent of the cold decade of 2070s where the Earth's climate took a sharp turn because of the various human devastations and ecological imbalance. All the resources of the planet were depleted and Earth's lifespan was decreased by billions of years.

In the midst of all this only one continent where resources were left but most of the people there died because they were left in the industrialization of the 20th and 21st century.

Since then US, CF and ISC all have tried to invest as much as possible in Africa and take as much resources as possible but then slowly problems rose not only the three involved parties fighting amongst each other but the natives their started to play all the three parties well they didn’t have anything to lose at this point so they just fought to kill the invaders which led to devastation of the three forces.

After that the three parties used Divide and Rule Policy and slowly few countries in Africa took China's side as China had heavily invested in few of the dictatorship led countries in early 21st century, some upper countries sided with US and the left overs sided with ISC.

The matter came to a rest after that but after a few years passed things started to get out of control as the greed of human beings have no bound…

Reven's group of five which included two army officials from Japan branch who were named Lt. Hirohito Nakako and Lt. Komi Tadano and two of Reven's friends who are none other than Lt. Gaurav Hasra and Rachel Romanov, the foreign ambassador.

“I feel uneasy. I don’t know why.” Reven muttered to himself as he looked outside from the airplane window.

-----

Hawaii Islands. Tri-Continental Meet, Jan-2129.

“Today we have gathered to talk about the issue of Africa. About how we will split it. And how will we be able do it while avoiding a potential conflict at the same time. So let the meeting begin!”

With that everyone activated their holographic devices and the leaders of all the countries presented themselves and the meeting started.

While the meetings were proceeding on Earth something was happening on the Moon which would change the very course of humanity on Earth… No the entire Cosmos.

After hours of discussion with no conclusion the envoys and the leaders of the three Superpowers were left with no choice but to get a new date for next round of discussions.

With that everyone was just getting ready to leave the meeting when suddenly…

The entire meeting hall started to shudder it looked like an earthquake had struck but that was not the case.

Everyone first thought that it was NATO's doing but soon that idea was eliminated as the big leaders were not even here.

Reven had a very ominous feeling about it.

Everyone ran outside the hall and then looked up to the sky.

What they saw was…

…..

5