14. Struggles.
145 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“As we planned, we will all move in group. Those who know close combat will engage from the front while the rest will cover them from behind. All right MOVE!!!” Markus Luke said.

Everybody started to charge from the front. Reven was one of the guys who was going to engage in close combat so he rushed forward with large rod in his hand.

At the same time…

Dududududududududududududududu…

Heavy firing stared to cover the entire battlefield. The monsters kept getting annihilated as the bullets pierced them.

Soon Reven engaged with his first opponent and used his iron rod to directly pierce through the head of the monster. Then he moved towards his next target and swung his rod directly towards its eyes and then killing it by piercing its head. He kept changing from monsters to monsters and kept on sending them to oblivion.

The rest of the team was also killing the monsters rapidly. Everything was going good when suddenly…

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!! 

“Save me! Save…”

Someone's voice asking for help rang out but then suddenly stopped.

Everyone looked towards the direction of the voice only to find out a half impaled corpse and a giant troll who was holding the other half of the body of the soldier.

Everyone else couldn’t even come out of the shock when…

Aaaahhhh!!

Another voice rang out.

Then…

Aaaaahhhhhh!!!

Another…

AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Soon they realized that the situation was much more grave than they initially predicted as they saw many trolls coming towards them.

“Don’t stop keep killing. If we stop all of us will die.” Said Komi as she fired bullets and killed some of the goblins coming towards her.

Hearing her announcement everyone made their heart and started to fight again.

Reven at the same time looked towards the trolls trying to figure out any weakness he could utilize.

“Gaurav you are with me. We are taking down the troll Komi and Hirohito will cover us.”

With that Reven and Gaurav went near the troll. Reven from the front while Gaurav from the flank.

Reven ran towards the troll and swung his rod towards the legs of the troll which ended up hitting the troll but didn’t do much damage. The troll looked at Reven with a sneer on his face as he used his hands to crush this being who he considers nothing more than a bug.

Just as he was about to get hold of Reven he was hit on his head with another rod by Gaurav. This angered the monster. He furiously turned towards Gaurav to kill him but Reven took this chance and directly pierced the head of the troll with the rod and killed him.

Huff… Huff… Huff… Huff…

“Let’s continue.” Gaurav told and taking few breaths.

They continued to move towards the other trolls and killed them using the same tactics. Soon the group reached the runway of the airport. But here they saw that few of the jets were destroyed while many are on the verge of being destroyed.

“Guys me, Rachel, Hirohito will take one jet while Gaurav and Komi will take the other.” Reven secretly sent via the Seven-Link.

“They all will most likely start fighting amongst each other any time now for the jets nearby so we need to go towards the ones near the edges.” Rachel commented.

“Sounds right. All right let’s move.” Gaurav stated.

“Don’t let them know your movement. And wait a bit before the argument starts.” Komi stated.

Soon exactly what they thought happened. Everyone started to fight for the jets nearby while Markus from the US army took this chance and provoked a hoard of troll which was a bit away from the group towards the group and the jets.

He took this chance to take the nearby jet with his team and left the rest of the group to fight the monsters.

Reven engaged with the trolls while secretly ordering the other members to get to the jets.

Shinnng!!! Shinnng!!!

Shuaaa…Shuaaa…

Tang! Tang!

Reven kept on clashing fiercely together with the other soldiers and kept cutting the trolls left and right.

“We are in Reven.” Gaurav sent in his Seven-Link.

At the same time everyone else also noticed this so they also stopped clashing with the trolls and tried to made a run to the jets.

Alas! How could a normal human match a Meta-Human? Reven was just too fast for them to stop him and they knew without him they couldn’t even fend off the rest of the troll heard to get to the nearby jets. So they ignored reven and all of them made a run for the nearby jets.

Some of their fellow soldiers died because of this as they had sacrifice some of them to reach the jets but the rest of them got the jets.

While this was happening, Reven also got inside the jet and started the engine.

“Gaurav, you in?” Reven asked.

“Yup. Let’s get out of here.” Gaurav sent his reply from the other jet.

Vrooooommmmmmm…

<Engines Activated…

Fuel tanks are full…

Safety precautions are present…

Putting the thrusters to full power…

Ready for launch 3…

2… 1>

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaa!!!

The jet took off. Reven and his team have successfully left Hawaii base.

-----

Woooshhhhh… Woooshhhh…

Two jets could be seen flying in the sky. Some monsters could also be seen flying in the same sky as them. It looked really conflicting that something which they have only heard in myths have come to their world and is flying with them in the same modern sky.

“Where to first?” Gaurav asked Reven through the Seven-Link.

“Japan first. The government have sent many carrier ships to Japan to take as many people as possible to the mainland. With the amount of monsters roaming Japan will fall very soon.

We are going there to oversee the transport.” Reven replied as he…

DUDUDUDUDUDU…DUDUDUDU…

Fired down some flying monsters with the jet.

After that they continued flying as Reven contacted the HQ to get more information about the situation. He was also anxious to know about Aarav, Aimee and Vera and everybody else too.

“Lt. Greh to HQ, am I in?”

“Lt. Greh you are in. Connecting you to the President. You may speak… Now!”

 “Greh you there?”

“Yes sir.”

“What do you think about the situation? We discussed many possibilities here with Geena and Aleena too. They have voiced many opinions in it.”

“Sir, this phenomenon is most likely due to the Lunar Doom incident but I think the scientists have already clarified that.

Now about these monsters, they have arrived here because of the portals opened because of the World Energy which leads me to conclude that this incident is planned but I have no idea who planned this or what is their main goal.

Next, have you noticed that the world Energy is not unfamiliar anymore although we can’t control it just yet but it doesn’t feel unfamiliar anymore which means there is a high chance that people will soon be able to utilise this energy.

This will have large scale consequences and I think you understand that too.”

“Yes, the power structure of the world will soon change. If we are not careful then we will be screwed badly.”

“Sir, I think you should discuss this with the scientist and tell them to analyse this incident carefully and predict a date till which the portals will remain open. I think this is more of a cataclysm. After this period there will be a buffer period which will most likely give us a few years.”

“I understand. I will talk about it with the scientists. Now about the people…”

“Sir, I think we should wait a bit to make any decision on it. After the change there will be lot of people betraying us, many of them who lust for power will hit us on the back. So let’s observe for now and not be hasty about it.”

“You are right. I will make the arrangements ASAP. Over and out.”

“Over and out. Sir.”

As they finished their conversation, Reven and Gaurav’s jet reached their destination.

“Shall we directly go to the harbour?” Reven asked Gaurav.

“Yes. Central area doesn’t have much population living on it anyways. I think we should go to the harbour to ensure people are boarded safely.”

“Okay!!!”

The Japan ship harbour was built after the Sino-Japan War they had in 2120 which was brought to an abrupt end after ISC helped Japan in exchange of Japan’s joining the ISC.

The harbour was huge. It was clear that it was made with a clear goal to evacuate all the people in times of war. It was also a strategic centre. The area near the harbour was also densely populated too. As it was a military order so that they can carry out the evacuation in short time.

Soon Reven and Gaurav contacted the nearby airport and made their landing.

After landing Reven took in-charge of the entire Japan military base from Dave who was the acting in-charge till now.

“Everyone I need the officers in the meeting hall in 15 minutes with full report.” Reven ordered as he went inside his room.

After getting inside his room he went to take a bath as he called Aarav through his Seven-Link.

Pit…Pit…Pit…Pit…

The sound of the shower rang out.

Soon his call was received and a voice came to his mind.

“Hello, Kid…”

…..

4