15. Situation at Hand.
147 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Hello, Kiddo are you alright?” Aarav asked over the Seven-Link.

“Old man I am good. Tell me about yourself are you alright? Have you come back to the capital after I sent the message.”

“No, I am at the Northern Command. I have orders to see the evacuation. I think it will take us 1 month here to completely move people towards the central areas.”

“Damn it! Old man you never listen to me. If something happens to you I will kill you. You get that.”

“Calm down kid. People needs us here. Plus, its way better than the World War at least I can kill these monsters without any remorse now.”

“I don’t know about anything else just take care of yourself. And don’t die. Your life is more valuable than you could imagine.”

“Don’t worry I will be good. And you take care of yourself too. And don’t forget to call Aimee once she is worried about you.”

“You sound as if you are not worried at all.”

“Why would I be worried when I know nothing will happen to you.” Though he said that Reven can clearly feel the man was on edge these days.

“Don’t worry old man I will be going to hell before you kick the bucket.” Reven replied sarcastically.

“Shut it kid. And cut the call already. Bye.” With that Aarav the call not wanting to listen to Reven anymore.

-----

In the meeting hall.

More than thirty officers could be seen sitting across the huge round table. All of them tensed looking at the hologram footage displayed right in the middle of the table.

It was at this moment Reven entered the room and everyone stood up.

Reven took his seat and allowed the others to sit too. Then he took a deep breath and said “Let’s proceed.”

It was Dave who started to recount the current plan of action while Reven looked at the reports.

“I think we should send a carrier Air fleet to the central areas to see if we can take any people there. Though I don’t really think there will be much people but still it’s our duty to save as much people as we can.” Dave ended by saying that.

Reven nodded in understanding then he looked towards everyone sitting across the table as he said “I don’t really have much time so anyone else with any other opinion can voice right now. You have 2 minutes, if not then we will follow what Lt. Jarret proposed.”

“I have and objection.”

“Me too.”

“Same here.”

“Sigh… It seems many of you are dissatisfied. Well go ahead and shoot what you want to say.” Reven said in defeat.

“Sir, with the current situation at hands I think we should totally focus on evacuating the people here. Its suicide to go in there.”

“So you are saying we should leave the rest. Is that it?”

“No sir it’s not like we are totally emptying the country we can come back…”

“Shut up. Don’t gimme idiotic responses. For someone at your post saying something like this which doesn’t have head or tails. It’s really pathetic.

Don’t you understand what is happening. We might never be able to come back here.” Reven said as he opened a map hologram and showed something while saying.

“See this. It’s the latest feed from the satellites. See the positions of the portals. Most of them are opened with places having higher density of people. Which means we would have to fight against these monsters at two fronts.

One at ISC mainlands while the other at the Japan base if we want to keep Japan base alive.

Now let me ask you do you think we have enough man power to fight at two fronts. No, we don’t. So shut your craps for some other time. And give some real suggestions while I am asking or else leave the room don’t waste more time than you already have.”

Silence filled the room.

The problem is that many people have yet to realise what level crisis they are facing. It wouldn’t have been a problem if they were civilians but this type of idiot remarks from a soldier is really not acceptable.

“Anyone else?” Reven questioned one final time.

No one voiced any other opinion. Clearly they didn’t want to get scolded in front of everyone for saying that they didn’t even want to try to save the people left.

“Okay then. Lt. Jarret you will the one overseeing the work here with Lt. Hasra.

Me and WC Keanu will lead the rescue fleet. That is all. Adjourned.”

With that Reven and the others got up to get ready for their respected works.

-----

At the airport.

Reven, Lucia and a team of about 15 members could be seen.

“Everyone I have been designated as the in-charge of the mission. I will be leading one squad while Lt. Greh will lead the other squad.

My squad will move from the Western side and move towards the central area then will further move towards the northern area covering the entire landmass in about 2 days.

Similarly, Lt. Greh and his team will move from the Eastern side and will similarly move towards the northern part covering the entire landmass.

We will meet at the northern frontier from there we will move together and come back here in 1 day. The total time this mission will take is around 3 days. Is that clear?”

“Yes.” Everyone shouted in response.

The fleet was divided into two squads with each squad having one carrier plane, two fighter helicopters and three jets.

Soon everyone got ready and took off.

-----

At the same time, the city near the harbour.

It was pandemonium. Civilians simply couldn’t understand the situation at all. Most of them are in a state of shock. They couldn’t even fight these monsters who seemed to be out for their blood.

The army was killing the monsters non-stop. But things didn’t show any signs of decreasing at all.

The city near the harbour was filled with corpses of human beings. The still alive humans were seen struggling for their lives. Hoping someone will come and save them. The army had already announced through the voice towers that they are approaching the city to evacuate people the number of people is simply too much.

Dududududu…Dudududududu…

Roaarrr!!!

Gunfire and roars of monsters could be heard everywhere. The army continued their way towards the city as fast as possible.

At the city, the people where running here and there from the monsters to save their lives.

Among these people there was a family of one mother and two children one boy and a girl. Their father was in the army. They were desperately running towards the harbour from where the soldiers are coming towards the city.

Two monsters were behind them. Suddenly the boy ended up hitting a rock and fell down. The mother tried to pull the child to make him stand up but he wasn’t able to.

The girl started crying. The mother braced the boy and said to the girl to run off but the girl didn’t leave and simply cried.

Lost all hope the mother accepted their fate of being devoured by the monsters but…

DUDUDUDU…DUDUDUDU…

BOOOM…BOOOM…

It was tanks and heavy firing machines too. The army finally arrived.

After killing the two monsters the tanks moved forward while some soldiers among which the father of the two child came to the rescue of the mother and his children.

“That’s the seventy-eighth family.” Gaurav sighed as he looked back to the family they saved.

Similar incidents kept on occurring for the entire way they travelled. The army had maintained a wall of highly trained soldiers with large amount of armoury which helped them maintain peace near the harbour as all the monsters getting even close to there was instantly killed.

“We need to move fast.” Gaurav ordered.

“Got it.” The one who answered was none other than Hirohito.

They didn’t want the matter to go out of hands than it already is so they increased their pace. The rescue mission continued with full pace.

-----

At the Japan harbour.

Millions of people in line could be seen moving towards the gigantic ships near the shore. Fear, anxiousness and distress could clearly be seen on the faces of the people.

The military was the only thing which was stopping the people to fight in the line to get ahead as anybody who tried to make even a slight disturbance was detained straight and was taken back to the line after getting beaten the shit out of- in front of everyone.

The mikes kept announcing to maintain a peaceful environment as it will take even more time if they don’t which pacified the people as they were ensured that everyone will get the chance to enter and that the army had enough ships to carry all the peoples.

On the shore about three thousand huge carrier ships were lined up. Some were leaving towards the ISC while some were coming back from the ISC to pick more people.

“Phew… Everything looks just fine here. The mock practices that these civilians were given really helped a lot.” Dave muttered as he looked at the line of people getting on board.

Dave wondered how was Emma, his girlfriend doing right now. Well he had already talked with her just a few hours before. She was the President’s daughter so he wasn’t much worried about her safety anyways.

He then looked at the papers which his assistant had given him. It was about the monsters the previous fleet encountered in their way back to ISC from Japan. The modern ships were extremely fast as they run on hydrogen fuel so it only took about 3 hours or so to reach ISC via the sea. This was also the reason ISC was sure that it could save many people.

“So, the sea is also infested with these monsters. I guess we were not wrong there.”

He then ordered his assistant and said “Increase the amount of artillery these ships carry we can reduce a bit of passengers but we don’t want the entire ship to sink because of the sea monsters.”

“Got it sir. I will inform the Captains of the ships.” Replied the assistant.

This continued as people kept boarding the ships and leaving for the ISC.

-----

2 days later.

Reven and his crew could be seen at the northern part of Japan waiting for Lucia and her crew.

These 2 days were fruitful for Reven and his team as they had saved about twelve thousand people which was way larger than they initially thought.

“Sir we can see WC Keanu and her team.” Komi who was in this mission with Reven informed him.

“Good. We are on time that means nothing has gone awry as of now.” Reven said.

Soon Lucia and her team met up with Reven and his group.

“WC Keanu, how many were you able to rescue?” Reven asked.

“Lt. Greh about twenty-two thousand.” Lucia replied.

“Hmm… That’s really more than we calculated.”

“Yes, but that’s also because we thought that there will be more batches of monsters appearing from those portals but it seems that after the first batch nothing else came out.”

“Well… Then why the hell they are still open?”

“That’s what I want to know too. I don’t know why but I have a very bad feeling about it.” Lucia sighed.

“I wonder what will be worse than this. Oh well, we don’t really have a choice at this point but to proceed. Let’s just reach the ISC first then we will discuss the other things.”

“You are right let’s leave ASAP.”

With that Reven and Lucia’s fleet combined and flew back towards the harbour.

…..

Marks the start of the third Arc.

Arc 3: Parivartan- The Great Change!

Begins!!!

5