16. Consequences.
145 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A day after Reven and his fleet reached the harbour safely.

By this time most of the people of Japan had already been sent to ISC. The last batch of people could be seen boarding the ships too.

All the soldiers were also packing their stuffs to get boarded.

After leaving the survivors with Komi and giving her the orders to have them board the ships Reven and Lucia went to meet Dave.

"Did everything go well?" Reven questioned.

"Yes, everything turned out good. And since there were no second batch of monsters it was even more easy.

We have secured as many people as we could. Also we have taken as much resources as possible." Dave replied.

"What is the number of casualties? Any reports from the HQ about the statistics from around the World?" Reven further asked.

Dave's face turned serious as he looked at Reven and spoke "The total population of ISC including the Japan survivors has come down to just 567 million as for the world it has come down to just 1.6 billion from 4 billion. And the number is expected to go down if nothing happens for good.

The moment second wave comes which I am pretty sure of. The world will be screwed."

"We are already screwed. Think about it... How will we survive after these many deaths? The demand and supply will disrupt and entire market will go down. People will die of poverty if nothing changes for good. The possibility of which is down to nil. I think it will be better that the monsters kill all of us rather than just torturing us." Reven spoke bitterly.

"Who would have thought those 21st century webnovels will come to life in such manner. And it doesn't look anything like what is described on them at all. We don't have any special powers or anything. How are we supposed to fight those monsters like this?" Dave said.

"I wonder… Have you noticed that the World Energy is no more foreign to our bodies?" Reven suddenly asked.

"No, I don't feel anything. Though I felt something when the portals opened but I thought that was the reaction of my body towards something absurd like this. You know like goosebumps." Dave answered.

His answer confused Reven a bit and then put him under great thought.

"Let's go home already. I really want to see my family now. I don't know when I will die right now." Dave said again pulling Reven out of his reverie.

"Hmm let's go."

With that Reven and Dave also walked out and checked everything one final time and boarded the ships and left for ISC.

-----

A week later. ISC HQ.

Reven could be seen standing in front of a middle aged man who was sitting on a chair behind a table. The person in front of Reven is none other than the President of ISC, Mr. Atal Flanck. And right now he was discussing something major with the President in secret.

"So, I had meetings with Sir Rawanth about it too. He said that if what the scientists are telling becomes true then democracy will be no more. What's your thoughts on that?" the President asked.

"To be very frank sir, he is correct. If something like humans being able to manipulate the World Energy which is now being called as Ardor by the scientists, then it is bound to happen.

There are bound to be people who are more capable than others. People with more talent than others will definitely use this to their advantage. So practically, there is no way we can stop it as we humans have that tendency to oppress the weak.

We were already doing that when all the humans had same level of strength but now with this much of power difference there is no way we can stop it." Reven said in a stern voice.

"I know that Lt. Greh. What I want is to have a way to ensure at least some level of security for the weak and a system which can regulate the strength procedures and at least maintain balance and order in the society.

Or else I am afraid no matter how strong we become there will no point as if we are not united we will not be able to fight those monsters if the level of monsters we are facing increases which I am sure that it will then at some point even nukes will become incapable to protect us." The President sighed.

"Sir I think we should first ask the other alliances to come together to form a united front and I think they will also want to do that only.

Next step is to introduce something like a Guild policy which will not be in the control of the government. This will act as public appeasement. We also need to form guilds only for elites or very strong ability users which will also be the power that will control the government.

Now how the Elite guilds should work. First we need faces, the ones who will be the leaders of the elite guilds. 

Next we have to apply an indirect voting method to give the lower ranked guilds to just elect one rank above them of course we need to add criteria for eligibility for being a selected elite guild to hold power.

This system should work till the elite guilds are selected for power struggle. Then we will have to just organize a battle between them to elect the next govt. forming guild, which will be challenged every 5 years for it's position.

Once the President is elected from that guild through internal voting, he will be given the authority to command the army of the nation.

Of course the President can be someone else than the guild leader but he must have the guild leader's support. As we don't want internal disturbances. This will help us maintain a somewhat democratic system.

Of course we will have to make sure that at least all the people have some rightful way to enter the elite guilds.

There are many problems in this too but it's the best one I can come up with. We can't have the government become too weak by opening a branch or something as scientists said that most of us will be mutated. Or else we run the risks of coup.

Next we need a rightful constitution which will decide and limit the power of the guilds including the elite guilds and the army. That is all." Reven stopped his long speech.

"I understand but let me think about it more. We still have a bit of time. Also about the alliance I think this should be done ASAP so I will talk to Sir Rawanth about it. You are dismissed."

"For ISC." Reven got up and left the room.

------

It has been about 10 days since the incident known to be 'The Advent' happened.

This incident changed many things. And many are still being changed.

The scientists of ISC are working on this matter and have made very frightening discoveries. Though they still don't have any idea from where these portals have opened but they have analysed the corpses of the monsters and even humans after this incident.

This monsters have something called innate abilities which are engrained in their bloodline it's just that they too weak to activate it. So the scientists believed that they are only the first batch of monsters.

Next about humans, they have discovered that the Ardor is fundamentally enhancing the genetic structure of the humans at an extremely fast pace. The thing which shocked them most is the body is also accepting it as if it is a part of the body.

They have deduced that even among this some people will be able to awake some kind of talent through the change in bloodline just like the monsters. Though it will be rare but all the people will be able to get the normal enhancement and ability to use Ardor.

This has not been made public yet as the scientists said that at least 3 months will be needed to get fully adapted to the Ardor.

-----

After coming out of the President's office Reven called Aimee "Hey Aimee. Are you alright? Sorry to call you this late but I was damn busy because of the shifting of the capital to the Western Coast.

I know I don't deserve it but I am sorry. I forgot to call you even when the old man reminded me once to call you I still forgot.

I know I won't get any answers but I want you to know that you need to be careful and stay safe. Bye and Sorry." With that Reven cut the call as he knew she will not answer right now. She will call him back when she will cool down.

He then proceeded to oversee his works.

That night, Reven went to meet Geena and Aleena who were busy discussing something with Sir Rawanth.

"Good Evening Sir." Reven said to Sir Rawanth.

"Good Evening Kid. We were just discussing how to proceed with the proposition about the alliance. What do you think?"

"Sir we have to take an objective here first. We can't go it like the way United Nations was formed or else it will become a none of use alliance."

"Aleena here also suggested the same. While Geena says that guilds should be the one forming the alliance instead of government."

"Certainly sir we can give access to them too. But we need the alliance right now and guilds will not come before the mutations and we know that common people are not that perceptive that they will understand the things this early. So we don't have any choice as we don't know who will awaken strong abilities.

I think the other nations also know that. So they will most likely propose the addition of guilds too after the mutations complete that is." Reven replied.

Aleena then spoke "The true question is who will the one to propose the idea first. Should we do it?"

"No, let's wait for this month. We have the most number of people alive if we go there first they will raise more demands which may become disadvantageous to us." Sir Rawanth said.

"Okay! Then let's focus on shifting the capital to Western Coast. The ones from Japan are already there. We should do all the needful before this month ends. Who knows the next wave may come anytime we need to make sure that we are completely stabilized before that." Reven said.

"Yes… Let's move we don't have much time." Sir Rawanth agreed.

Everyone then busied themselves with their work.

…..

6