17. United Earth Alliance.
142 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month passed.

The ISC have finally moved its capital to Western Coast. The name of the capital is Maya which means magic. It was named taking the current scenario into account which is beyond human comprehension.

Maya was just 520km from the coast, which was now renamed Elpis, after the Goddess of Hope. Entire human population of ISC also spread in a circular pattern with Maya as the centre with a radius of 700km* from all the other sides except for the coastal side which was just 520km from the centre.

The capital Maya was the innermost part of the entire area which consisted of a radius of just 75km. The rest of the area was divided into four provinces along with the cardinal directions which shaped like a sector between two circles each.

These provinces were named as Astraea, the southern province; Sophia, the northern province; Soteria, the eastern province and Janus, the coastal province**. The province was again divided into three regions namely the Inner Circle, the Middle Circle and the Outer Circle.

After the Outer Circle there is the Red Zone which spreads about 2km after the normal borders of ISC and is strictly used for Military Operations and acts as the last line of defence. Also walls of cement are built to create the borders separating the Outer Circle from the Redd Zone for better protection. The army is also building full-fledged fortress and large walls for the Military borders.

The Central area or the capital can only be used by top position holders in the government, the scientists and other important people like the upcoming top tier guilds. The rest of the people are divided on the basis of their work and capital.

-----

While this took place in ISC and the public was being settled. US, its allies and CF were in a pinch. This one month was devastating for all of them. They have lost almost half of their entire populations.

Problems were kept increasing for them too. So they decided to first stabilize their internal situation. This 1 month period where no monsters came from the portals was like a boon to them as they were quickly able to stabilize the situations.

Now after knowing about the situations from their scientists they have also come to the same conclusion as ISC though their responses were different but that was a discussion for some other time. But the main thing which was clearly visible to them was forming a united front to fight these monsters.

So all of them started making plans and waiting for the right time.

-----

FUUUUUHHH!!!

“Finally finished.” Reven said as he sat inside his new house at Maya and then continued as he looked in front of him “Can you forgive me now pretty please.”

In front of him sitting were Vera and Aimee. After 1 month of hectic schedule they all have gotten a day leave so they all were here at Aarav and Reven’s new house. Aimee was still angry at Reven because of that incident.

“Vera please help me here.” Reven asked for Vera’s help.

“Hey! Don’t screw me here. I don’t want to get in the way of you two.” She replied back.

“C’mon Aimee please forgive already. You are getting angry for just a simple thing you know.”

Hmph!

Aimee snorted and turned her face away.

“Okay. What do you want me to do to forgive me? You know I am gonna irritate you to death if you don’t forgive me.”

“Vera tell him I don’t need his sorry but his sincerity.” Aimee said as the room turned silent.

Then…

After seemingly an eternity passed.

Sigh!

Reven sighed.

“I am sorry and I will take care of myself. I won’t make it sound like it’s not a big deal anymore. I know 2.4 billion people dying is something very serious. I just didn’t want to think about it because whenever do I feel fear. That’s why I didn’t call you.”

Silence continued.

Sigh!

This time it was Aimee who sighed.

Everyone knew the current situation was extremely grave. The only difference is that people in the army especially those in the higher position didn’t want to talk about it much as they themselves were baffled right now. So they knew if they discuss too much about it without knowing the full details it will only weaken their will.

In fact, this was already happing and was clearly visible among the citizen and among few lower ranked soldiers too. Many people were already seeing psychiatrists.

“Reven listen here carefully. You can’t avoid it just by not talking about it. We are alive and we are seeing this which means we do not have anything other than to accept it and fight with everything we have.

Even with all this happening we have to learn to live our lives with at least some happiness in it. Or else we won’t even be able to survive what’s coming. Do you get it.” Aimee spoke solemnly.

Reven just nodded his head.

“Now then I accept your sorry but remember not to pull this type of shit next time. Got it.”

“Yes ma’am.”

It was around this time Aarav and Sir Rawanth entered the house and came to the hall.

“Greh, we have invitation from US, NATO and CF. They couldn’t wait anymore.” Sir Rawanth said as he looked at Reven and the others.

“Finally, some good news. When and where are we supposed to go.” Reven asked.

“They will be coming here as for the date it’s the day after tomorrow.” Rawanth replied.

“That’s good let’s make preparations then.”

-----

The next passed busily for everyone as they were hosting the meeting. Reven and many other strategists had long meetings with the President on how they were going the proceed in the meetings.

Finally, after sorting out many things they all took a night rest eagerly waiting for the meeting they were going to have.

February, 2129.

The meeting day. Entire Maya was on high alert that day to make sure no harm comes to the guests.

Soon flights started to arrive one after another. By 10 in the morning all the leaders arrived.

After that they had breakfast and then went straight to the meeting room.

In the meeting room, representatives of all the countries in various alliances and the big powerhouses were sitting across a huge round conferencing table with their assistants just behind them standing. Then everyone greeted and marked the start of the historical meeting.

“Today, we the people of planet Earth are all gathered together to make an agreement to defend our homes in face of monster invasion our planet is facing. Till now we may have been the ones who destroyed our mother. But in the face of the mortal danger we are facing we must come together and fight together to not only protect our planet but to also make it the planet which our ancestors hoped for their future generations.” The host of the meeting, Sir Rawanth addressed to the leaders.

Then series of long discussions started and continued till evening.

All the countries finally came to the agreement of not attacking any other country and try to support and help the countries any way possible. Many clauses were added with response to many different scenarios. The Veto power was only given to ISC, US and CF.

“Now what shall we name the alliance?” Asked the British leader.

“United Earth Alliance or UEA. This is short, simple and clearly indicating the goals of the alliance.” President Atal Flanck said.

After a short discussion everyone approved the name and thus one of the key forces in repelling the monsters was formed, the UEA.

…..

Author’s Notes:

* The 700km length may sound less to many but remember the Earth’s total radius is just 6000km approx. So I used the practical possible length and as the radius of 700km is doubled its 1400km in diameter.

As for the total area it’s about 1,540,000km^2 (approx.).

** 1. Astraea is the Goddess of Purity- Greek.

     2. Sophia is the Goddess of Wisdom- Christian.

     3. Soteria is the Goddess of Salvation- Greek.

     4. Janus is the God of Beginning and End- Roman.

*****

3