24. Getting Familiar.
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December, 2130.

A week passed since Reven's awakening.

Today, Reven and his team left for Africa.

Before leaving Reven hired many employees for his company, mainly the workers for the industrial productions were hired with a team of 5 people managing them with Aimee heading them.

Reven also talked to Aimee again regarding the guild. He mainly discussed about how the company can be a great support for the guild by sponsoring it at the same time the guild can provide safety to the company.

Aimee agreed to proposal too and decided to become the temporary CEO of the company.

The MHS left using the sea route boarding their ships via Elpis, the port city.

"Hey Geena do you have any prior data of the mission?

I mean we will be venturing into a totally new field plus the satellite images show that the monsters have all gathered there in hoards." Felix asked Geena.

"Not much. Only thing we know that their base is located somewhere here." Geena replied.

"Which also clarifies our doubt that these monsters have brains just like us." Aleena interjected.

"Not only that they have the advantage as Africa still has forest lands. This means that the amount of Ardor there will be mind-boggling." Jun also joined in the conversation.

Meanwhile Reven was engaging in a practice fight with Talos while Ken fought against Parth on the other side of the ship.

It was a rumble match which meant anybody could engage with anyone. On top of that they were using Ardor too.

This was mainly done so that they can get habituated with Ardor.

Although all of them had extremely high level of training but with Ardor in the equation it was totally new and different for them to fight.

Reven was using a spear while Talos was using a broadsword and Parth was using an axe. Ken as always was using a katana.

Huuup-!

Tang-! Ting-!

Shing!!!

Pat…pat…pat…pat…

Parth was clashing his axe against Ken's sword. At the same time Reven was constantly clashing his spear against Talos's broadsword.

Talos came running towards Reven covering his sword with silver Ardor. He swung his sword at breakneck speed towards Reven's waist. Reven covered his spear with Ardor and blocked the sword.

Talos used this chance and punched at Reven's stomach with his left hand.

Reven blocked the punch by simultaneously spinning his spear like a wheel. This made Parth lose his sword.

Reven pushed back Parth and then ran towards him and used the spear to pierce his shoulder. Parth jumped and dodged it. He then swiftly performed a flying kick at Reven's back which ended up hitting him.

Talos used his ability [Weapon Control] to remove the spear from Reven's hands and it surprisingly worked too! Then he proceeded to call the spear to use it himself.

Reven noticed this and used [Transmutation] on the surface of the ship which caused the wooden floor to form spikes and shot towards Talos.

Reven took this chance and used [Transmutation] to call the broadsword that Talos dropped.

They both started to exchange blows again.

This time their pace was much faster.

They were exchanging hundreds of moves per second. This inhumane speed was enabled due to Ardor.

Talos thrusted the spear at Reven thigh while Reven increased the distance to dodge the spear then he again came forward and slashed the sword from below which dwindled Talos's movements.

Chance!

Reven used this golden opportunity to finish things off.

He threw the sword away and clenched his fist and punched Talos. This made Talos lose the spear. Reven then used a karate chop at Talos's chest.

"I concede." Talos finally said.

"That was a good one." Reven said as he wiped out the sweat on his forehead.

"Damn it. Captain how the hell do you have that much mana. I was just there to beat you but my Ardor Pool nearly dried which made my attacks much less powerful. Plus, your efficiency. How the hell did you gain that much efficiency?" Talos whined.

"That's a secret."

"Oh c'mon you can tell us right."

The reason for Reven's efficiency and huge Ardor Pool is of course the [Harmonic Ardor Regulation Art]. But Reven couldn't tell them that as the less people use it the better.

He still decided to help these guys with GEP 2.0. the original version. This will help them to grow stronger.

"Well me and Dr. Giovanni created a new potion the GEP 2.0. This is the secret behind my strength and efficiency."

Wow-!

Not only Talos but Ken and Parth were also astonished to hear that.

"Give us too." Parth said in excitement.

"Alright… alright. Let's meet with the others first then I will give you guys the potion."

With that everybody stopped their training and went to meet with the others. There Reven gave the GEP 2.0. to the others and explained them how to use it. And the good sides of it.

Everyone else was excited about it to.

Reven finally said "Do not reveal this to anyone else for now. I have a few plans for it."

The others tacitly agreed on this request. Then they went into their respective rooms to try the new potion.

-----

The fleet reached African coast by the evening.

After leaving Reven and his group there the ship returned to Elpis.

The first thing that the MHS did was to set up a camp near a riverside which they discovered after a bit of search. The camp was set by the night. Then next thing they did was to take out some meat jerky to eat and had their dinner.

After that Reven decided to establish contact with the mainland through 'Empress'.

"Everyone let's discuss the plans for tomorrow before we sleep." Said Aleena as she projected a map of the region they were in.

"Our first target is about 128km from here. We can reach this place tomorrow with our prowess but the catch is there are monsters filled in between in hoards. Which means a day long journey will be extended to more than 3 days depending on which type of monsters we will be facing." Geena looking at the projection said.

"Now for the plan of action. I think the captain will be able to tell us better." Aleena said.

"Listen here everyone. We need to be careful and try to avoid as much monsters as possible as these monsters will most likely be unharmed from the bullets. So if we engage in close combat then soon it will become a disadvantage to us as we will get tired the longer it goes.

So what we will use is guerrilla tactics.

It may take us a bit longer to reach the destination but with this we can make sure that we clean up as many monsters as possible for the reconnaissance team.

Now then. Any suggestions."

"Nope."

"Nah."

"No."

"Good then we will initiate the mission tomorrow. For now, take rest and make sure to hide your presence after the fire is out.

Monsters will be most active after the fire goes down."

"Yes Captain." Everybody replied.

With that they went to sleep and take some necessary rest as the next day was going to be very hectic.

.....

3