25. The Journey.
109 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

Reven and co began their long journey. They started from the coastal areas near Port Elizabeth of South Africa. Their destination lay near De Aar range*.

But there was a huge problem in front of them and that is the entirety of Africa which is now densely populated with large forests, especially so after the Ardor came which mutated the plants and accelerated their growth. Next thing which made the team annoy was the number of monsters they were facing. It was way beyond normal scale.

SPLAT-!

A monster was just slayed by Reven using a large blade which looked like a butcher's blade. At the same time Aleena was using her ability [Echolocation] to locate the positions of the monsters and inform the team.

Meanwhile Talos was completely overpowering the monsters as he kept on manoeuvring his sword using [Weapon Control] as killing the monsters.

Rest of them also focused on different tasks each.

Felix was surveying the area with is [Shadow Walk] ability with Jun supporting him. Parth was at the back looking out for any potential surprise attacks with Ronny. Ken was free and relaxing his body after cutting down hundreds of monsters.

Overall the team had already progressed about 8km and it hasn't even been 3 hours since they started. They used the guerrilla tactics to their advantage. It not only allowed them to move securely but also allowed their team members to take rest from fighting in between.

They obviously didn't want a battle where each one of them was tired as it would become dangerous if they become that vulnerable.

They continued to proceed and soon it was the evening. The sun was going down so they decided to find a place to settle down and rest for the day.

"Aleena what do you think are these monsters edible?" Reven asked Aleena

"Yes they are. I have even checked it with 'Empress' she says that there is no harm in eating them rather it's beneficial to us but there are some species we should totally not eat like goblins and ogres."

"Okay then. Let's eat some Racoon-type monsters today!"

With that they began their monster meat feast. Honestly, it was pretty tasty as the monsters were enhanced with Ardor.

"Now that we had our dinner. It's time for mission report. Let's call the HQ." Geena was the one who said this.

"You are right. We should call our families too they will be worried. But first lemme give the reports for the day." Reven said agreeing to Geena.

He then proceeded to call the HQ and gave the mission report for the day. Today they had covered a distance of 31km. Their speed decreased as they entered deeper into the region which also meant that the monsters they were facing now were even more stronger.

"Tomorrow is where the real challenge begins guys. The monsters we faced by the evening were a lot stronger than we initially thought which means the deeper we go the harder it becomes."  It was Felix who spoke in a grave tone.

"Don't worry we will just have to be more careful and decisive or else will never be able to reach the destination." Ken said while polishing his katana.

"Felix what Ken said is right we can't be pessimistic here or else we will never reach the destination." Talos supported Ken.

"Alright guys sleep and one of us need to stay guard from tonight. We will take turns and change every 1 hour." Reven said.

With that ended the team's 1st day at South African Jungles.

-----

2 days passed.

Reven and his team crossed a total of 67km including the distance they travelled on the first. Now their speed was much slower compared to the first day.

BOOM-! BAM-! Boom-!

"Talos NOW!" Ken said.

Talos came running towards a giant creature who looked much alike Vilgax from Ben 10 cartoon** and used [Weapon Control] to cut the tentacles coming out of his body. At the same time Ken used his ability [Radiant Sword] to sever its head apart.

The giant sensed danger from Ken's attack so it used its hand to shield his neck.

Reven used this opportunity to touch the body of the giant and activate [Transmutation] on it. This made the giant's one leg to become slimy and lead the giant to come to his knees.

"Ronny shoot this motherfu*ker."

Ronny was eagerly waiting for his order as he said excitingly "Hell Yeah!"

Ronny used his deadly ability [Hyper Precision] and also casted his second ability [Heart's Bullet] to shoot the brains of the giant.

The giant finally died but no one looked happy rather everyone had darkened expressions. This fight had lasted for 6 hours straight. How could they not be frustrated and angry? Most of all they even felt fear of the tenacity of these monsters.

"Captain are the monsters we are going to face next are also this powerful?" Jun looked at Reven and said with a bitter expression.

Geena also looked at Reven and said "Tell me something captain. The superiors knew about this isn't it. And since they knew about it that means you also got your hands on the correct information."

A suffocating silence descended.

"What are you trying to say Geena? If captain knew he wouldn't have agreed to come here in the first place. So stop spouting bullsh*t." Ronny said annoyingly.

"Calm down for a moment guys. Let's ask the captain himself he will clarify." It was Parth who tried to calm down everyone.

"Captain what do you wish to say?" Geena looked at Reven with questioning eyes.

Reven was simply staring at the dead body of the giant completely ignoring everyone as if reminiscing something.

SIGH…

-----

A week before Reven's awakening.

Reven was met with someone. The guy was wearing a mask so his face was not visible. Reven said "I need information."

"About what?"

"Africa. Specifically, South African lands."

The man didn't say anything and simply put his right hand forward in which he was wearing his Wrist-Band. Reven also moved his Wrist-Band and touched the man's Wrist-Band.

Ding-!

[Transaction taking place.]

[Server used is personal.]

[Medium of transaction recorded is physical touch.]

[Transferring CPs for the purchase.]

[Transfer completed.]

"Now then. Empress send file SAL005 to Reven Greh."

[Order received sending files.]

[Sent.]

At the same time on Reven's Wrist-Band.

Ding-!

[File Received.]

"Well thank you for purchase old friend." Said the man to Reven.

"No, thank you I was in urgent need of that information." Replied Reven.

"I don't know why you asked for that information but be careful because it's not really something good that's going on there. I seriously advice not to pull some shit there. And since you are asking about this information which means that the army is really thinking of pulling something big. Still, I advise you to stay away." With that the masked man left.

Reven looked at the file to see the information and what he saw… 

…..

Author's Notes:

* Port Elizabeth is an actual port in the country of South Africa and De Aar is also an actual place that exists but it is to be noted that these places which are mentioned here simply have a common name. Everything else described is totally based on the author's imagination.

The names of the places are taken common to establish some sort of connection with the readers.

** Who else watched Ben 10 cartoon when they were little kids. It was one of my favourite cartoons. 

*****

1