26. Fallacy and Truth.
103 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What Reven read on the file turned his blood cold.

Reven started sweating just after the reading through the information. The information in it was that terrifying. For the first time Reven actually regretted joining the Special Forces.

"Those motherfu*kers. I have to stop this mission or else we are all dead." Reven greeted his teeth and quickly left the place and went to meet Sir Rawanth.

"Sir Rawanth what is the meaning of this?" Reven questioned full of anger as he showed the documents to him.

"You are simply sending us to our deaths and you know it don't you."

Sigh!

"Reven, I am sorry but it's a decision of Army Council even the President himself tried to intervene but the Council said that they will coup if we don't agree to it."

"Son of a bit*h. I gotta take that as an explanation, are you fu*king kidding me! Rawanth don't you realize its suicide going there."

"You have no option in this matter the council has passed the resolution."

"But why? Wasn't the council made so that it could make decision for the army due to the instability of the government and the 'Advent'. Why the heck they are enforcing this kind of order?"

"No idea." Rawanth replied with a darkened expression.

"You…" Reven became so angry that he could split mouthfuls of blood right now.

"Do you have any idea how are we gonna survive there? With all the high level monsters there most of whom are able to think like us. We are literally going to the enemy HQ. You guys want us to go and sacrifice ourselves or something!"

Huff…Huff…Huff…Huff…

Reven's breathing became heavy from all that shouting.

"This is all fallacy isn't it. You guys never cared about our lives in the first place isn't it. I was an idiot to believe you motherfu*kers. And I still don't have any idea why the fu*k you want to send us there. This isn't practical!" He continued.

Suddenly, an immense amount of bloodlust erupted from Reven's body, he was practically causing the Ardor around him to excite.

"I will just ask one more time Rudrax Rawanth and I need the truth or else I will show what a true Meta-Human is capable of!"

"Calm… Calm Down Reven."

Reven ignored him as he asked coldly "Tell me why are we being sent there?"

"It's the council members. They have contacted some leader level monster during the initial phase of 'The Advent' no it's better to say that they were the ones that the monster contacted. I don't know how but the monster contacted the council members.

There has been some kind of deal between the monster and the council members. I have no idea about the deal but after that meeting the council members are trying to pressurise the govt. to take many inappropriate decisions."

Fuuuuuh…

Reven took a deep breath as his eyes narrowed. He was not an idiot to not realize that something was wrong here.

"You most likely do not know anything else... do you?"

"No."

"How many people know about the situation at Africa?" Reven inquired.

"Not many. I am even surprised that you know about it."

"You better keep it that way. Don't let anyone know that I met with you or else I swear I will make you wish you were dead." Reven threatened.

With that Reven left Rawanth's place and returned home.

A strange gleam flashed across Reven's eyes as if he was deeply thinking about something.

'What could be the reason? No, something isn't matching. What am I missing? Think Reven…Think!'

From the talk Reven realized that something was totally wrong here. He could understand why the President and Rawanth followed the orders of the council because if they don't the monsters will most likely attack ISC with full force. Next the question comes that what was the reason they ordered the MHS to go to South Africa.

'Could it be that they think that MHS are the biggest threat to them so they ordered the Council to send us there? But if they are that strong that even nukes couldn't do anything to them then why would they ask for us?

No, I am definitely missing something. C'mon what am I missing.'

Reven analysed the entire 'Advent' incident, researched almost everything about the Council members but nothing. This made Reven feel despair up to no end.

'No, it doesn't matter anymore. Since they are sending me to my death that means they are my enemies and I don't have any qualms to take their everything from them. As for the answers I will get them one day. But I swear that day would be the day you all will die.'

"Empress call Aarav."

Soon Reven's call got connected.

"Yo Kid! What happened?"

"Old man are you on personal server?"

"Yes."

"Then transfer this call to it. Need to talk something important."

"Okay." Aarav soon transferred the call to personal server.

Reven discussed this entire topic with Aarav. After learning about all this Aarav was practically fuming but he quickly calmed himself down and asked "So what do you want me to do?"

"First thing is that you should retire ASAP then make some arrangements to protect yourself Aimee, Vera and the others close to us. Second is to contact CF and US in secret and tell them…"

-----

Reven came out of his trance as he looked up to the sky and said "They are here."

The team was shocked to hear what Reven said and even more shocked to see US and CF jets in the sky.

"Captain what the fu*k is going on right now?" Aleena asked with visible tension in her voice.

Reven then proceeded to tell them the truth of the mission. This totally left them aghast and despairing. Seeing this he told them his plan and the reason US and CF forces were here.

After explaining his thoughts and plans he said "I know you guys are angry at me. But believe me there is a high chance they would have realized something if I contacted you all.

Honestly, I am not even sure that they don't know about my plans. Also don't worry about your families I have already arranged everything so their security is guaranteed."

An awkward silence prevailed.

"Honestly, this is way too much of a shocker for us to even digest what's going on. But I guess we can believe you and I do hope you are not lying this time." It was Felix who broke the silence and assured Reven his support.

"Sigh! I guess we can believe him guys." Geena said.

"Me too." Aleena also complied.

"I always believed the captain anyways."

"Same here."

Seeing all his teammates believing him Reven smiled in relief.

"Let's go meet our partners." Reven said to the team.

At the same time Reven messaged in his mind 'Old man Phase-1 is done. Initiate Phase-2.'

The one who Reven spoke was of course Aarav who was talking to Reven through his [Hive Mind] ability.

'Got it kid.'

-----

"Nice to meet you back Lt. Luke, General White and Lt. Ivanski. I hope you have been informed about the situation."

Reven and his group exchanged greetings with the allied forces.

"Same here Lt. Greh. And yes, we have been informed. It's a treasure trove in here but at the same time I can see from the information that it's very dangerous too. So it is something we should not have any lust for. But now at this situation..." General White replied with a bitter face but couldn't finish his sentence as...

"The information we received from the secret channels and the satellites states that the leader of the monsters is creating something." Ivanski cut him off as he said.

"Yes indeed. That is also the reason we had to make haste and assemble here on a short notice. The UEA's Human Attack Front (HAF) i.e. us are specifically made for this purpose only. We don't have to take orders from the leaders and can directly assemble for the missions like this." Reven said.

This loophole was the only thing that Reven could utilize to increase his forces at the moment. He was feeling extremely grateful to Aarav as he was the one who proposed this resolution to the UEA when it was formed and using the arguments of UN's failure in this area, he proposed to create the HAF which will act totally independent of politics.

"So Lt. Greh now is the time to explain us what we are going to face and what is the probabilities of our victories?" Luke asked.

"First of all, I think the chances of our victory is about 10 to 20%. Second, we need higher fire power that means capable cultivators who can utilise Ardor better as normal bullets will not even pierce their skin." Reven replied.

"10 to 20% huh. Even with about 20,000 fighters our chances are this less. I really hope we could nuke them but with the Ardor coming into effect nukes are totally useless except for their fire power and these monsters will remain unharmed even with that.

It's really fortunate that we have all the enhanced Super Soldiers and Cyborgs in our group." Ivanski said bitterly.

"Let's make the plan of action first." Luke said with a serious look on his face.

.....

4