27. An Arduous Battle!
96 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'…Initiate Phase-2.'

As Aarav received this message he started the next step of their plan and the key to this plan was Reven's ability [Covenant].

This ability allowed Reven to bind any one in a contract not like a slave but a vow which binds both the parties. The best thing about this ability was that anyone who makes a [Covenant] was also allowed to use this ability at the permission of Reven. Though all the contract would be formed between Reven and the said individual not matter who uses [Covenant].

What Aarav was going to do is make a contract with the President and few other people who are important for stabilization of ISC. As for the reason, it was for safety and trust as right now they didn't trust anyone. This [Covenant] could also be seen like a company contract for no leak of information with Ardor acting as the witness.

Reven had already contracted Rawanth the day before they left for Africa so there was no need of contracting him.

It was a giant task for Aarav to inform the other nations about the situation at Africa without them realising the current tough situation of ISC's internal politics. But he successfully did it. He was not called 'The War Hero' for nothing.

After getting the news from Reven, Aarav began the Phase-2. He also included Aimee and few others he trusted so that the contracts could be made faster. They selected the people after many considerations and only those they founded not involved in this case and were needed for their plan were contracted.

The people they selected steadily accepted it as the contract only involved not leaking their information and discussion.

After this was done, Aarav began Phase-3 i.e. taking control of the authority over the 'Empress'. Apparently except for the President, the council also had same authority over it. So Aarav just demanded the President to transfer his authority to Reven, at the same time wiping out the information of the authority transfer from the server.

After all these pieces into place he finally began Phase-4.

The Going Underground!

-----

While this was happening in ISC Reven and HAF were closing in to their destination. About 12 days had passed and now they were merely 13km from De Aar, the main base of the monsters.

"Everyone till now we have been extremely successful with our plans. We just have to keep doing what we have done till now and destroy these monsters. But beware the monsters we will be facing from now on will be at least double the strength we faced till now." Luke announced.

The past few days had been hectic for the HAF in many ways. They had faced six hoard of monsters one after another. To top it all, the monsters they were facing had some level of intelligence too. The only positive sides to the HAF was they had enhanced soldiers who were also able to manipulate Ardor. These battles also helped everyone to get better at their manipulations of Ardor and abilities.

Right now they were taking rest and getting ready for their final journey. Soon everyone got ready as Reven said "Guys from now on do not take the monsters lightly. We will mostly be facing orcs, ogres, chimeras, werewolves, minotaur and basilisks and these are not like the ones we faced till now. So be careful."

"Let's go." Talos said with a resolute voice.

Soon they met with another hoard of chimera.

"Everyone watch each-others backs. ENGAGE!" Shouted Ivanski as he lifted his giant axe covering it Ardor.

WAAAAAA!!!

"C'MON LET'S KILL THESE MOTHERFU*KERS."

Everyone ran towards the hoard of chimera. And started to kill them left and right.

Reven used a sword adorned with Ardor and reinforced with [Transmutation] to slice apart the incoming chimeras.

Slice-! Slice-! Twachak-!

Reven was using a Chinese battle tactics which utilises bodily movements to counter extreme strength. His body moved like flowing water- agile and uninterrupted.

He swung his sword down the head of another chimera and killed it.

At the same time on other side.

[Amber Storm]

Geena used her second Area of Effect (AOE) ability and charcoaled the chimeras at the back. With her Aleena also used her second ability [Sonic Screech] to push back many chimeras.

Large scale Ardor attacks continued to pour down on the chimeras decreasing their numbers by a large margin. The cyborgs even used laser beams to cut down the chimeras.

Talos was using [Weapon Control] to manipulate about 4 spears at the same and continuously killed the chimeras by piercing them right through their eyes.

"Ivanski this doesn't feel right. The chimeras are too weak. Could this be a trap?" General White said to Ivanski and as if to prove his words right a large hoard of werewolves came towards them from a distance.

"SHIT! It's a trap. A large hoard of werewolves is coming towards our direction." Ronny notified as he saw the hoard coming with his third ability [Hawk Eyes].

"EVERYONE REGROUP!!!" Luke shouted with all his might.

"All the cyborgs use lasers at full power. All the Awakeners with long-ranged abilities use everything you got to buy us enough time to come up with a plan of action." Reven said.

Multiple ability users came to the front and used their abilities. Reven at the same time used [Transmutation] to create a large wall coming out of ground to block the werewolves for some time giving the Mages a bit more time to prepare. He used all the Ardor he could assimilate.

Phew!

"This is the most arduous battle we are fighting ain't it everyone." Reven said with a smile on his face trying to ease the tension filled atmosphere. Though the bloodlust oozing out of his body was telling a different story all along.

"Now then everyone we need a plan of action or else we will lose many of us." Luke said with a dark expression.

"We need make an ambush to catch them off guard."

"The question is how?"

"I have an idea." It was Geena, the Strategist who raised her voice.

"Go ahead and shoot." Reven said.

"We need to take the mages back. The mages will make the ambush team with few cyborgs supporting them. Then will use another route as the melee guys will take their attention."

"But they will realize it. If we use the mages for the ambush, we will become vulnerable. They already have studied most of our combat strength in these few days now they are simply making us tired and when we will be on our last legs they will utterly destroy us." Luke said with a frown.

"That is where the plan succeeds." Geena replied promptly.

"What do you mean?" Ivanski asked.

"See that." Geena pointed at the dense forest full of trees on their left. And continued with an ominous smirk "We will…"

…..

A request!!!

Guys if you like my work. Then please rate and review it. It will help me attract more viewers. This will also motivate me to work even more hard. So please take some time and do it if you like it. It completely free.

Thank you very much!!!

4