28. Tables Turned.
93 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Geena explained her plans to the team.

Boom-!

[Lighting Shot]

Zzzipp! Shwosshhh….

[Blood Retribution]

Chrrr… Grrrr… SPLAT-!

[Wind Cutter]

SWINGG!!! Plop-!

[Tyrant Wave]

PAT…PAT….PAT…

[Scythe of Darkness]

HOOOWWWLLLLLLL!!!

The roars of hundreds of werewolves rang out of the battlefield as the mages were constantly firing abilities at the monsters.

Suddenly…

"ALL MAGES FALL BACK NOW!" Shouted General White as he wielded his huge Warhammer and releasing his ability [Aura of Death] which covered his whole body with a layer of shinning black Ardor.

He then raised and used his another ability [Magma Shower] which made his Warhammer to burn fiery red and then he slammed it to the ground with as much force as possible.

"WARRIORS! Now or never. ENGAGE!!!" Luke shouted as he ran towards the werewolves with full force utilising his ability [Muddy Waters] which the ground on which the werewolves standing muddy.

Then he conjured Ardor around his arms and punched with everything he had to blow apart the head of the werewolf in front of him to smithereens.

Talos used his ability to provide cover for the mages to retreat. Jun was the one who was helping Talos with his ability [Dragon's Prestige] as his bore down immense pressure on the werewolves.

Felix entered the shadow of the werewolves by utilising [Shadow Walk] and assassinated hundreds of monsters.

On another Parth used his ability [Meteor Shower] and rained down flame boulders upon the werewolves.

Ken and Reven together went ahead of everyone else and sliced down the werewolves coming towards them.

Ken used [Radiant Sword] as his whole body started glowing. He then raised his sword and…

'[Radiant Sword Art: First Form- Glowing Sun]'

Slashed his sword using the move he created himself as he cut opened the werewolves.

At the same time, Reven was ceaselessly holding off the monsters from breaking through them. This lengthy arduous battle continued for 2 hours.

[Everyone is at their position Reven.] Empress spoke inside his mind.

Reven silently looked at Ken and nodded in understanding.

Then…

He shouted "EVERYONE FALL BACK NOWWW!!!"

As soon he ordered this, all the Warriors started to fall back. At the same time some mages appeared from about 200m back of the werewolves and fired their abilities.

But as soon as the mages fired their abilities another hoard of trolls, orcs and purple goblins appeared and ran straight towards the mages. The horrifying this about this particular hoard was that they also had long distance Ardor users.

[Phase-1 Completed.]

[Alert! Everyone is at their position.]

[Beginning Phase-2]

A prompt from 'Empress' came to everyone's minds.

"CYBORGS! Move forward and use laser beams at full force towards the upcoming hoard." Ivanski ordered as about 400 cyborgs moved forward and activated their lasers at the same time.

Their goal was not to kill them but simply delay them.

"Now warriors move forward! And ENGAGE!" It was Luke this time.

Hearing that Reven increased his speed to the maximum and moved ahead of the crowd with a sword in his hand spewing out a tremendous amount of dreadful silver Ardor.

'[Mysteries of Ardor: First Mystery- Vector Expansion]'

As he used this move, his speed increased more than five times at the same time his sword moved seemingly breaking the vectors of the world and cut through monsters at weird angles.

What shocked the monsters that they couldn't grasp the positions of the attacks landing on them even with their senses. It was as if the Ardor itself is hiding the murderous intent used behind the sword by Reven.

Reven was cutting some monsters in front of him but at the same time some monsters on extreme right or left of him were being cut.

The others also arrived near Reven as they supported him.

Suddenly the mage type monsters started chanting weird spells and shot huge flame and thunder attacks at the Warriors.

At this time…

'[Heavenly Battle Art: Third Stance-]' "[Ardoric Defence.]" The one who used this move and protected the warriors from the attack of the monster mages was none other General White.

The battle continued as all the mages finally retreated.

It was this moment Geena's voice came to everyone's mind through the Seven-Link.

"Everything is set. The moment you retreat shout fiercely so that everyone can hear you."

The eyes of all the warriors lit up as all of them started to run back towards the direction of the dense forests with a minimal speed and shouted with everything they had.

"RETREAT!!!"

ROOOAAARRRRRR!!!!!

The moment they started to retreat all the monsters who were hiding roared at same time and ran towards the group with everything they had.

Thousands of long-distance spells and arrows rained down upon the group of retreat warriors. But they ignored all of it and continued to run. Some of their comrades were hit and were directly sent to oblivion but they steeled their hearts and continued to run.

Soon the group reach the outer layers of the forests and slowed down their speed. The monsters with their increased speed caught up to them. The group finally entered the forest.

HOOOWWWWWLLLLL!!!

GRRRRR…. GRRRRR….

The angry monsters continued their chase and entered the forest. They numbered in 200,000s. This was all of the monsters they had to face if they even hoped to reach De Aar, at the same time this was the strongest of the bunch. They literally flooded the forests and if not for the enhanced abilities of the HAF forces then they would have been caught by now.

"Keep running everyone just 200m more." Aleena's voice rang in their heads.

150m… 120m…

100m…

80m…

50m… 30m… 20…

10… 5… 1m.

HAAAH…HUFF… HAAAH…HUFFF…

FUUUU!!!!

The warriors finally met up with the mages. They all were gasping for breaths. The monsters who followed them suddenly stopped as their beastly senses told them that something was terribly wrong here.

All the warriors and mages had crazy ominous smiles on their faces. After all they were literally fighting like crazy bastard at this point.

"You all enjoyed the show didn't ya! But I am afraid you got overconfident in yourselves. I mean THANK YOU! Because of your amusement we finally found a way to deal with all of you." Aleena said with a villainous smirk on her face.

Roar!

The leader of the monsters roared in panic as he ordered his minions to run back.

"Oh no you don't!" Aleena continued.

"EVERYONE LET'S DISINTEGRATE THE HEAVENS THEMSELVES TODAY!"

Reven touch his hands on the ground and…

[Transmutation]

Changed the entire forest and the nearby land's Vitality-like properties i.e Carbon in Glucose and other energy sources into fuel-like properties. Of course this consumed too much Ardor even for Reven so he had Ardor injected into himself by others who had Energy Regulation-type abilities.

Soon the entire vegetation turned deathly silent giving an ominous foreboding to everyone who even looked at it. Reven started to bleed from his eyes, nose, ears and mouth due to the backlash of emptying and refilling his reserves at an extremely fast rate.

"ALL MAGES, HEAR MY COMMAND!

And INCINARATEEEEE!!!!!!" Aleena shouted as every single fire, lightning, light, wind used all their abilities. Even the cyborgs used their lasers at full forces.

[Amber Storm], [Heaven Burning Ode], [Thunder Shower], [Daylight Destruction], [Golden Sun Anger], [Meteor Shower], [Wind Apocalypse], [Thunder-Fire Lotus], [Windy Flames]...

Hundreds of flame types abilities were fired at the same time. Nobody bothered to hide anything. They knew it was now or never so every used everything they had. Cyborgs also maxed their laser outputs.

Howl! Howl! Howl!

HOOOWWWWWLLLLLLL!!!

All the monsters started to cry fiercely and twitch uncontrollably in pain about 90,000 turned crisp in a mere instant and the rest were simply sitting on a board ready to be butchered apart.

But their way to heaven was not gonna be that easy as the hell for them was just starting.

"Poison types, Destruction types, Corrosion types, Darkness types. Attack NOW!

At the same time, Water type, Earth types, Control types, Manipulator types." Reinforce the shields to protect ourselves."

Next hundreds of poisonous, destructive and lethal attacks struck the already burning monsters.

GROWLLLL!

ROAR!!! SHRIEK!!!!

Painful shrieks rang out of the apocalyptic battlefield. The forests, the lands, the living, the monsters around the radius of 20km turned ash.

Like this around an hour passed.

The shrieks of the monsters died down. All the 200,000 monsters were sent to oblivion for good.

Deathly silence encroached the whole battlefield. As long as they could see, it was utter destruction with no signs of life of the monsters.

SIGH!

Heavy and exhausted sighs of relief and sadness rang by everyone as they all fell on their butt. Though they were victorious in the battle but they lost about 13,000 soldiers in their fight.

"Everyone let's take some rest. We will continue our journey tomorrow." Luke ordered.

Everyone agreed and decided to take ample rest and calm down their nerves.

The Next Day,

They finally arrived to the Grand Canyon of De Aar but…

…..

5