30. Misunderstanding.
87 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After misunderstanding the MHS as some otherworldly force Graada went straight to meet the top officials of the ISC i.e. the Council.

He already learned this world's languages with the help of his subordinate who was a master in terms of this kind of knowledge and soul reading. So it was easy for him to communicate with them.

He then enticed the council members to join him and in return they will be allowed to rule the Earth. He pitied himself for not learning any soul arts or else he could have simply read their soul and controlled them.

But it was fairly an easy task for him to fool those greedy humans and after that he even gave a threat that he will destroy their planet if they didn't agree to his orders which was the nail to the coffin.

Then he ordered them to do many things for him. He even inquired about the MHS and found out that they have used some kind of elixir that made their body enhanced. He didn't go deep in the matter as he already decided in his heart that they were members of other force.

About a year continued like this. It was around this time that Graada ordered them to send MHS to South Africa. He said he needed them for experiments on the human physique. The council members readily agreed as they were afraid to anger him.

For them the MHS was important but no necessary. They can just create more if necessary and with Ardor it was questionable if the MHS was even needed or not.

So they ordered the MHS to go to this unreasonable mission.

-----

The HAF finally reached the De Aar. They had totally destroyed the monsters in that war so they didn't find any monsters on the way.

But…

They were wrong and they realised that after they reached the base of the monsters.

There were around 10,000 monsters there with a huge Oni like creature sitting on a throne and another Oni standing on his right.

Although the number of monsters here was way less than what they faced till now. But the energy they were emitting was way more than them.

GULP-!

All the members of HAF gulped in fear as they looked at the Oni who was looking at them with a boorish expression. Their bodies were shaking wildly.

"Greh, please tell us we are dreaming." General White said with a trembling voice.

"T-This a-a-are you sure we can even survive this, Greh." Luke said with fear.

Gulp-!

Reven himself started sweating wildly as he gulped down once more.

"I d-don't think we can make it back. We can't fight them. There is no other way we have to run away from here." Ivanski said.

"Where and how will you run Ivanski? Do you think that they will even let us run away? We are all done for if some miracle doesn't happen." Geena snorted.

"Geena is right everyone. We do not have any other choice but to fight or else we are all dead. There is just too big of a gap for us to even run away. They can catch us in mere seconds." Reven said bitterly.

"What the fu*k shall we do then? Kill ourselves. Or maybe try to talk our way with them." Ivanski interrupted.

"Good idea. Let's just try to talk with them. It's not like we can even fight with them. We will be killed without even knowing how we died." Reven said.

Then he went a bit ahead of the group as he said.

"Can you understand me?"

GRRDDD…

The monsters snorted as Reven and the group flinched.

Silence prevailed.

Reven and the monster sitting on the throne entered a wordless battle of eye. After about 5 minutes passed Reven finally moved away his eyes and looked back at his group as he said sarcastically "Well… Guess we don't have any other choice but to go to the heavens."

The HAF members couldn't help but laugh at this. Though they didn't want to die but they were warriors who fought battles after battles in this war stricken world so they didn't really fear death. It's just that they didn't want to die an unjust death.

"Which force do you belong to human?"

At this moment the monster spoke coldly in Earth's language with a tinge of interest in his eyes.

Reven became confused as he thought the monster already knew that he belonged to ISC and more importantly he belonged to Earth.

Then why?

"I belong of Human Attack Front of Planet Earth."

Grrrdd.!!

"I am not asking for that. I already know that you belong to some other force which came to this planet to conquer and get resources from here. I can already sense your extremely pure body which is not possible for a planet which just came to contact with Ardor."

Reven's mind spun at hundreds of times faster as he heard this.

'Empress record everything in this conversation.'

[On it.]

"I am sorry but I am not allowed to tell you that." Reven said with a confident smile but inside he was even more anxious and confused.

"I see so that means the other forces also know about this world. This is troublesome."

'Other forces.' Reven's eyes lit up as he heard those words.

Chance.

'If everything goes right, then maybe just maybe we can get out of here but the problem is that I do not know to what extent I can use this opportunity.'

Reven realised that his next words might as well decide their fate. So he calmed his mind and played the recordings of the talk in his mind. 'Resources, other forces.'

"I am sure you realised how much special this world is don't you." Reven spoke.

And the moment he did he felt immense amount of killing intent directed at him.

'Correct indeed.'

The mind game had started. Reven knew he caught on the monster's weakness.

"Do you think I will let you leave alive from here? If you all die here, then nobody will know that this world has 'Ardor' of the ancient times and not simple 'World Energy'."

"Oh… What makes you so sure that the people from my forces do not know about the world energy? Hell they will soon descend here. It's just that the planet is not ready yet."

Boom-! CRACK-!

The Oni ended up hitting his palm of the armrest of the throne and ended up breaking it apart.

Without paying heed to it Reven continued "We knew that we couldn't keep this world to ourselves anyways since this world has 'Ardor' it is bound to happen one day or another. Don't you think so too?"

Growl-!

Horrifying amount of bloodlust came out of the Oni's body bringing all the other monsters and the HAF members to their knees. Reven was also facing tremendous amount of pressure but he didn't kneel down because he knew it was a test and if he fails then he will die.

So Reven gritted his teeth and held his ground.

[Unreality]

Reven quickly used his ability and sent all the pressure boring down on his body to the unreal world.

Grrrrddd.!!!

"It seems we have no other choice but to share this time."

"Yes indeed. We will form an agreement as soon as the world becomes ready to receive our forces. What do you think?"

"It shall be so."

"Till then we shall not interfere with each other's business. Also I will be taking the ones behind with me back to our main-lands."

"WAIT! Grrrdd!

You will have to prove that you are worthy to take them back." The Oni said.

'I fu*king knew it. This happened in all the 21st century webnovels but oh well this time I have the upper hand since I have taken the initiative myself.'

Reven smirked as he thought and said "Well…well…well… I guess I will have to fight with you to take them back or something."

"Do not overestimate yourself human. You are but a puny insect to me and I don't like crushing insects."

Then he ordered one of the weaker monsters to fight with Reven. Well he may be the weakest of the hoard but he was steep mountain for Reven to climb without any protection.

"Let's get this over with, shall we." Reven said as he took his stance and raised his sword.

He then looked at his opponent and smiled crazily as he said "Let's ENJOY!!!"

…..

4