34. Aimee’s Thoughts.
86 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2113.

Aimee Solace, the 23 years old daughter of Rafael Solace was an aspiring martial artist. She was extremely good in Kung-fu, Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, Free-style Boxing and Kendo.

A natural talent -that was what people around her called her.

She was one of the toppers of her class in the Special Forces Division. An ideal of many and an inspiration for the masses.

But she never liked all the attention she was getting. It was to the point she thought she was getting all the attention only because of her achievements and not for her excellence, which was kind of true too.

Who will admire someone who can't win and show achievements anyways? It was like people were only appreciating the winners leaving the losers who gave their all despite not being able to win. And that too without seeing how much work that someone puts day and night to become better.

So Aimee never bothered herself with these things anymore as she realized that whether you are the best or the worst, to the society you are nothing but a piece of news to gossip about.

Then why did she strive to work even harder?

The answer for her father, Rafael…

Her Hero!

Aimee didn't know who her mother was. Her father said to her that she left them because she was exhausted of her relation with Rafael, who was mostly busy state affairs.

Rafael Solace was one of the elite soldiers of former Israel and now ISC. He was a great martial artist who worked his way out from being a child from a poor family to one of the top soldiers in the army.

He was a man who had seen the cruelty of the world. The world where humanity was worse than dogs.

Still even in this world he was an aspirant. An aspirant of martial arts and sports.

Alas!

His background stopped him from having any achievements there and he didn't get any recognition but his excellence was not something to be scoffed off. He proved this after joining the army.

Aimee being his child wanted nothing more than to fulfil her father's unfinished wishes and she did.

That was the reason she always strived to be better if not best in anything she did.

It was one such evening where Aimee was going back to her home from her training.

As she reached home, she saw a few people bringing in a coffin in front of her house and her father's friend Aarav who looked tensed.

"Uncle?" Aimee questioned as she looked at the coffin somehow she had a bad foreboding about the coffin.

"Oh… There you are. Aimee listen to me very closely okay. I am very sorry to say this but we lost your father in the war. He was declared as a martyr. I…I am sorry!" Aarav said with a saddened face.

Trip-! Trip-!

Unconsciously streams of tears dropped down of her face. She couldn't believe that the person she loved the most will not be with her anymore.

Surprising of all, she didn't lose herself but was rather quite calm.

But her hidden pain was visible to anyone who looked at her as the streams of tears continued.

"What were his final words?" She asked Aarav.

"I am proud of you my daughter. Now it's your turn to shine for your own this time." Aarav said heavily.

"I see." Aimee just said that and smiled as tears continued to pour out of her eyes. She looked even more miserable like this.

Sniff… Sniff… Sniff…

After a few minutes, she said "I want to see him."

"Yes."

With that Aarav took her to see Rafael.

The next day.

All the proceedings and documents were signed by Aimee, after that Rafael's funeral was held.

After the funeral was completed and Rafael was given his tribute everyone left.

Aarav came to Aimee and said "Listen kid if you anything from me then just contact me once. Consider me as your true uncle alright.

And remember what Rafael said, make sure to shine for yourself and not for others. I know you are a sensible kid."

He patted her head and left too.

Few days passed.

Aimee had finally recovered from Rafael's death and started her training again.

This cruel world riddled with wars demanded many things so vulnerability was not allowed as the other would devour you if you show weakness.

Aimee finally made a decision to start to take the missions assigned to the Special Forces.

From there began Aimee's fame as a soldier.

-----

Year 2119.

Aimee was on a break from her missions after continuous operations.

In fact, she had already completed her seven missions, way before and could resign from the army but she didn't find anything else to do. So she kept doing missions and her fame reached sky high.

She even earned the title of the youngest Major rank soldier in the army.

About the ranks in the army, it starts from Private < Corporal < Sergeant < Specialist, for Enlisted soldiers.

For officers, it is Lieutenant < Captain < Major < Colonel < Major General < General < CDS.

All the members who were in the Council were full-fledged Generals and have almost equal authority as the CDS.

Their combined authority exceeds the CDS and equals the President.

One day,

Aarav visited her with a 3 or so years old boy. The boy had no special features except his dim eyes which looked as if they were meant to devour light itself.

After talking with Aarav about the kid she realized that the kid was just an unfortunate soul like many others. So she decided to help the kid as much as she could.

Like this, 3 years passed.

She and the kid who was named Reven had made quite a bond with each other.

The boy had become a very important part of her life.

His actions, words and even thinking exceeded what a normal child should have. In fact, she herself was way more childish at his age.

She realized that the children in the slums were living a literal war with life from the day they were born.

She sighed in pity as she realized this but she couldn't do anything. This world was just that cruel.

But she swore that she will make the boy a good person whom people will admire. A person like her father, whom she admired.

As the boy joined the academy she was left alone again. This time she felt lost yet again just like how she left when Rafael died. But that time she had something to do and this time she was unease.

So she joined academy as an instructor after 2 years and handled the training of the kids. Soon the training ended and they joined the wars. And fought with the cyborg.

That was when…

She realized that the kids were simply not meant for these things. Though she knew that they themselves chose it but still her heart was not ready to accept it.

How could she when the kids were fighting literal disaster bringers?

She talked with her superiors but no results. So with a heavy heart she accepted the fact and strived to work for the betterment of them.

Another year passed like this and then arrived…

The Advent.

…..

3