35. Sharing Worries!
97 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Advent everything changed.

The boy who seemed to have become her life was struggling everywhere.

His talents and ability to handle situations were so good that the President himself started to ask him for advice.

And the boy delivered everything needed of him.

This made her proud immensely. But she still had fears in her heart because he was always busy fighting those monsters not caring about his own well-being.

She realized that the boy was growing how she wanted him to grow but she was in a pinch.

She was worried like every family member does when their family members go to wars. So she steeled herself and started to take missions again so that she could distract herself but her slight worry for him still continued.

Like this quite some time passed and she finally awakened her abilities and was able to cultivate.

After awakening she could feel herself being filled with incredible amount of energy and with her superior abilities she was like a fish in water.

Soon the people around her also started to appreciate her strength and abilities.

She was appointed as the security in-charge of the capital, Maya which was the centre of chaos after the constitution formation.

During this period Reven also mostly stayed in Maya and ISC which made her worry less about the kid. Everyday numerous problems came but she dealt with them like they were breeze.

Her awe aspiring achievements earned her the title of the 'Mist Empress'.

It was due to her ability which was able to control mist energy and Ardor. And her terrifying control over it.

There were incidents when some people entered her mist and decayed to their last atoms. Overall she became a symbol of peace in Maya as well as in ISC.

It was because of these incidents that now there even after her being out of Maya, the capital was running peacefully without much crime.

Everything was going quite smoothly, Reven also informed her that he was going to his next mission to Africa.

She didn't worry much because of this news as she believed in him even more now as the kid aged.

But then one day Aarav came to her secretly and took her to the hideout. She wanted to know what happened. And when Aarav explained the full case her anger and killing intent almost went berserk.

If not for Aarav telling her that he was connected to the kid via [Hive Mind], she would have literally gone to the council to fight.

As days passed her worry for the kid also increased.

Aimee didn't really have many friends in her life which is mostly because of her talents and personality which were way beyond from some normal person.

So she had a very deep connection with the few people like Vera and Aarav whom she considered friends.

And for Reven's case well… she considered him family no… more than just family. He had become a very important part of her life now.

As she was drowning in her worry Aarav's message arrived that Reven and the group was safe and they were back to the ISC.

After learning this, she wanted nothing more than to go to the boy and hug him tightly but Aarav stopped her telling her that the plan will disrupt if she were to be seen outside.

So she stopped her urge and waited.

And she didn't have to wait for long…

-----

Aimee was busy on mastering dual activation of her abilities.

Suddenly, she heard a thud and her focus broke. She looked to see what happened when she saw…

Reven looking at her movements mesmerizingly as he broke out of his trance due to the thud.

They both looked at each other awkwardly for quite some time.

WOOOSHHH!!!

Suddenly, Aimee vanished from her spot and appeared in front of Reven and hugged him tightly.

She rained down kisses on his entire face as tears came out of her eyes.

After her kissing spree she looked at him and said hoarsely "Are you alright? You are not hurt somewhere are you? Damn it! You should have taken me too?".

Reven just patted her shoulders as he said "I will tell you everything but calm down first, Okay!"

"Calm down… How can I calm down if you are simply risking your life like that answer me?

Have you forgotten what I taught you?

Never ever take life as a joke and since you are born that means you have to live not only for yourself but for me and Aarav.

Your life is not just yours anymore it's everyone's who care about you.

You have to live even if it is harder. Life is the most wonderful thing we have and we should fear death.

Always!" Aimee spoke in anger.

"There… There… it's alright. I am fine and will always be fine." Reven simply continued to pat her shoulders.

After about 15 minutes. Aimee stopped calmed down her breathing as Reven let go of her and said "Are you calmed down now?"

Aimee replied with a slightly flushed face "Yes. I am good now."

PHEW!!!

Reven took a long breath as he continued "Firstly, I am sorry but I had no other choice in this regard.

I didn't want to take risks so I only called the old man and told him to do the rest."

"I know and I am not angry about that. Just why the hell you accepted the mission? You could have simply asked the President to cancel their decision."

"They were threatening the govt. by saying that they will coup if the decision is not passed."

"I see. Those motherfu*kers, they really didn't give you a choice.

Now then tell me what happened there." Aimee looked at Reven coldly that sent a shiver down his spine as she continued "And I mean everything."

With that Reven proceeded to tell her everything about their journey at Africa.

He didn't lie about anything except for telling her about the conversation between him and the Oni.

The experiences that Reven shared were horrifying even though he tried to make them sound like they were nothing. The jungle in incident almost gave Aimee a heart attack.

It was already early morning by the time Reven finished his story. After Reven finished his story Aimee looked at him seriously as she said "You are not allowed to pull something like this again. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Reven replied casually.

Aimee looked at him coldly and asked again "Do you understand?"

Gulp-!

"Yes ma'am." Reven was scared sh*tless for a moment there.

Fufufufu… fufufufu…

Aimee smiled seeing Reven's reaction and continued "It seems like you have made a break through." Seeing the chaotic Ardor around Reven's body.

"Yes indeed." Reven said excitedly.

"You wanna fight." Aimee said as she released her Ardor which made Reven shocked.

"This… you have reached [Root Cog Realm]'s middle stage. And just what have you enlightened in to give this much suffocating feeling." He asked.

"That's a secret. Now you wanna fight."

"Nope. Got no interest in getting beaten the sh*t out of." Reven replied abruptly.

"Also the chaos in the capital will begin soon so we should get ready to leave. I think the old man already explained the plan to you." Continued Reven.

"Yes, I will be there with the President." Aimee replied.

"That's good. I will also get ready then I need to distract them too. Plus, they would have realised by now that I am here. So they will definitely question me why the hell I didn't give the mission report till now."

"They are in for a lot more than just a mission report." Aimee smiled grimly.

"Indeed they are." Reven also smiled coldly.

Little did the council know, the duo they screwed were going to bring their annihilation.

…..

3