36. OPERATION DEMISE!
95 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending the entire night with Aimee, Reven went to meet with Vera and the others.

He then told Vera to take care of all the people till they complete their mission.

After that he, Aarav, Aimee, Atal and Emma left separately for their respective missions.

Reven went to meet Ankan to ask whether everything was at place or not while Aarav went to bring one of the very important person required for the success of the plan.

Aimee along with Emma and Atal went to the secret hideout near the parliament building.

"Ankan is everything at place." Reven asked as he met up with Ankan.

"Indeed. Though it took some effort to make the tough ones to crack but I just closed in and pinched their weaknesses and Boom-!

Each and every one of them agreed to vote in favour." Ankan replied with a sheepish grin on his face.

"That's good. Have they reached the parliament building?" Reven asked.

"Yes." Ankan answered.

"Okay then. It's time for me to go and meet the Council for the last time that is."

Reven said to him as he gave him a video clip and told him to spread it as soon as he gives him a signal via Seven-Link.

Ankan nodded and left too.

Reven took his car and left to meet Aarav and the supposed important person before going to meet the Council.

While he was driving, he called the MHS and asked "Are you all in your positions?"

"Yes captain. No one be able to move a finger until everything is clear in Maya." All of them replied exactly the same sentence.

"Good. Now just a few more things left and then everything will be ready and the show will BEGIN!"

With that Reven cut off the call.

At the new academy building at the central cathedral of Maya. Aarav was standing with a person.

Vrooommmmm!!!

Soon Reven arrived on his car. He opened the door of the car and came out. Then he went near them and greeted.

"Sir Dwayen it's been a long while."

The person was none other Dwayen Brock, the guy who helped Reven during his admission procedures.

The guy is now the Principal of the academy with some stroke of fortune that is.

"Indeed it has been a long time Reven. Nice to see you are doing good." Dwayen greeted Reven.

"Oh no sir. In front of you how can I do better." Reven said sarcastically.

"Oh c'mon kid. Luck is very important part of life you know." Dwayen defended. 

During the initial phase of the Advent, one of the portals directly opened above the sky of the academy.

It could even be seen right now at the old academy building, continuously spewing out World Energy.

The monsters directly descended upon the academy killing almost everybody including the old Principal.

But by some stroke of luck Dwayen, few teachers and a few students who worked in the research department got their hands on the new plasma guns.

With the help of these plasma guns and Dwayen's leadership they were able to kill all the monsters and could finally reach the area protected by the army.

This incident not only alleviated the guy's status by a large margin but also gave him a promotion to Captain rank.

But the biggest achievement he got was of course the position of the new Principal of the newly built academy which was made for awakened children.

In fact, Reven himself should have been studying right now as the minimum age to join the awakened academy was 13 years old as the people mostly awakened at that age.

But he and his batch were a special case so they were given a choice to not join the academy again. It wasn't much helpful to them anyways.

His position as the Principal was solidified after his ability awakening in which he awakened an ability called [Mass Clouding].

The name of this ability may sound pathetic but it was kept in the disaster class category of abilities.

Abilities were divided into many ranks. They were: Human < Earth < Sky < Spirit < Sun < Hero < Hope < Legend < Epic < Disaster < Apocalypse < Myth < Mystic.

This was based upon many factors and considerations. Also all the abilities after sun rank were considered as talents.

From Legend to Apocalypse rank abilities were given the treatment which equalised the scientists of the countries.

As for Myth and Mystic rank, they were national assets. In Myth rank, only people with evolvable abilities were kept.

As for Mystic rank, practically they didn't exist because these abilities were uncanny and unpredictable for example Reven's [Unreality] could be considered as a Mystic rank though nobody knew about it as Reven had told them that this was a simple space ability.

Similarly, his [Transmutation] and [Covenant] were Myth ranked as they could grow with Reven.

Scientists believed that in the first batch of awakeners i.e. the people who awakened within 3 years of the Advent, there was a mass number of ability users too.

But according to their studies this will drastically decrease with later generations because the influx of Ardor will reduce by then.

Plus, most of the children would already born with Ardor assimilated physique which doesn't give their body that extra push to produce a response to create abilities from the stimuli of Ardor.

Dwayen's ability allowed him to draw Ardor from masses and strengthen people in groups by distributing it.

Which meant in wars of numbers he was the guy to follow. This also brings why Reven was here.

Since the guy could draw and spread Ardor in masses, he could also draw and disrupt the Ardor of everyone in the vicinity of his control.

This was what Reven needed. He diddnt know what kind of ability those council members have so he had to be careful.

Plus, with this guy's status, popularity and connections he was going to be even more helpful to Reven while dealing with the President.

Back to the conversation.

"It is indeed Sir."

"Now then Sir Aarav has already explained me what I have to do. What I need to know is when and how I am going to pull it."

"Don't worry. You will be connected with me the old man through [Hive Mind].

Have you signed the [Covenant]?"

"No but I already know about it. So let's sign it right now."

"Good then simply raise you index finger and say –I, your name (Dwayen Brock) sign the contract of [Covenant] with Reven Greh in his presence and accept this contract of equality knowing full well the consequences of breaking the [Covenant]."

As soon as Dwayen stopped speaking a silver layer of Ardor formed around him and bound his index finger with a silver chain of Ardor.

This chain also shackled his heart. Though it would only exist till the end of this mission.

In fact, everyone who signed the [Covenant] will be freed after the mission is complete.

"Good now then that's done Empress. Send Dwayen Brock the file named 'Operation Demise'."

[File Sent]

Ding-!

[File Received.]

Dwayen got the message on his Wrist-Band.

As he skimmed through it, he expression became more and more ugly and dark. After completely reading it in about 5 minutes he finally stopped.

Sigh-!

"I mean I knew there were problems with the Council after talking to Sir Aarav but this… This is too much. They went too far!

Whatever it is I am in. I will do it."

"Good. Then old man, explain him his role and be ready at the position till I give you the signal." Reven looked at Aarav and said.

"I will handle it. You go and meet them now." Aarav replied.

"Yes. Its finally time to meet them."

With that Reven left the academy.

It was finally time for all that scheming to start showing results.

…..

2