47. Hard Decisions.
102 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Advent.

An incident which to humans didn't make any sense. To them it was just the webnovel stories of 21st century.

This made humans have a kind of positive neutral stance towards it. The reason being most of the humans were excited out of anticipation of living in a fantasy world.

But…

Was that really true? Was what happened really like what people imagined it would?

Many people would say yes.

And indeed.

It was really like that to common people.

But the governments. They were left with no hairs on their heads to keep the citizens calm.

So it was a big fat NO! for them.

The Advent left everything from thinking of a person, to commodities, to markets, to laws, to population and to a lot more which a common person would never think but were essential to run a country in utter chaos.

To top it all…

This wasn't a novel where the author could simply take a jump in time and show everything was done and order returned to the society without showing how.

Every step the govt. took had consequences and most of them wrong.

Humans could only learn from the mistakes like the old age. Since they didn't have a time jumper option.

Of course they could simply take the way of some geek thinking he/she was the ruler from now and try to play solo like nomads or create his/her own force.

But was that a logical choice.

The harsh truth was NO!

People knew this too but still some webnovel freaks even in the 22nd century tried to pull that thinking they were some kind of protagonists.

The result…

They were not only facing the monsters alone but the UEA also considered them as threats.

Though the UEA didn't do anything to them but they always kept their eyes on them. Plus, almost all of them were killed by the monsters anyways.

Fortunately, the majority were not idiots. So they followed the most logical way to survive which was to come together and unite.

A sure-fire way to not only survive but to fight back!

This was a long hard and somewhat united as well as lone journey, not a utopia or an author's work.

The culmination of all of this led people to strive for strength and order.

But for the govt. it simply increased the chaos.

Hence they had to take many…

Hard Decisions!

-----

Today another such sensitive topic was being discussed in the President's office.

Almost every higher individuals including the guild master and owners, the oppositions who all joined together now forming only a single party throughout the nation and the army higher ups were present.

It was not a formal meeting though because if they did a formal meeting for this then it will cause international sensation. Aimee, Vera and Aarav were here too. MHS were also here today.

They all were discussing about the new crucial bill which was going to be passed. The name of the bill being…

The Neo-Marriage Regulatory (NMR) Bill- DEC, 2130*.

It may sound absurd but yes it was related to marriage.

This new bill allowed any male or a female to marry more than one person in his/her life at the same time. In the condition that both the party agree to it. And the document for it have to be signed before the marriage too.

It may sound morally wrong to many.

But the govt. didn't have any other choice.

The thing was that the current ratio of man to woman was just 2:8.

The number of males was dangerously low right now and more males were dying every single day. If this continued, then the society would collapse. So to preserve that it had to be done.

Plus, with Ardor into effect even if the govt. didn't make the rules, people with more power whether it was a woman or a man would have multiple partners anyways.

So the govt. wanted to use it to try and regulate the population.

Of course there was a limit to how many children a single couple to give birth to. It was limited to 1 if your first child was a boy and 2 if your first child was a girl with second child being either of them.

So for 1 couple only 1 or 2 children.

This was made like because the resources had also decreased so they had to maintain both population ratio and amount of resources used.

The people to could marry more to birth more children but not give birth to infinite children because the resource were not there. Plus, who would take care of this generation then.

In almost every area in ISC stripper clubs were already opened for people to take their lust out. And like this most people would become s*x maniacs which was a headache for the govt.

So after multiple heads in the topic the final result was the NMR Bill.

But still many people disagreed with the idea and there was a conflict regarding this bill. And to settle this, the current meeting was going on.

While everyone was discussing Reven suddenly entered.

Almost everyone else looked at him for a moment before the President finally said "Oh Greh, you are here."

"Yes sir. I am extremely sorry sir. I was engaged with sir Dwayen till now hence I am late."

"It's not a problem Greh. It's just an informal meet. Go take your seat."

"Yes sir!"

With that Reven took his seat and viewed the entire document and started thinking. His [Sage] skill also helped him in this. The discussion continued and Reven heard everyone's opinions.

After hearing many arguments with some being really good while most of them being idiotic Reven simply had a frown on his face.

Personally to Reven, this bill was of no value.

To him marriage was just a history book fact anyways so he didn't have much problem with the bill. Heck he himself believed in bonds of emotions not marriage.

So to him he would only have child with someone he loved not someone he married no matter how many girls came to him to marry it didn't matter.

Of course that was a different case if he loved more than one woman but that too for him was not just the matter of his love alone to the second woman in his life.

To him the second woman in his life would only come if his first woman i.e. Aimee loves the second woman more than him.

Hell, if Aimee didn't recognize someone specifically and said about that to him. Then he didn't have any feelings for someone else.
His first true love was Aimee. And that was all that mattered to him!

Plus, from most of the arguments Reven could infer that most of the men were against having their partner given the right to have multiple husbands.

As for the women, they had mixed opinions.

He could see that like in history women were simply showing that if anyone had power then they were on their side no matter how many wives the person had.

That was the case for most of the women here too. But still some were against it.

Like Geena!

"I don't think this is right sir. The value of true love will simply vanish if we do this. People will simply become baby making machines." She said in anger.

"But if we don't do this then in the future we will literally be baby making machines anyways." Emma retorted.

"Plus, this is giving a choice not forcing them but if we don't do this now then, in the future it will become a necessity." Vera said supporting Emma.

A guild mistress also said "But wouldn't it simply make things complicated, the males will just go and fu*k anyone then."

"Like that isn't happening right now." Said Aleena.

"Okay Geena, then you give a solution." It was the President who spoke.

"I don't know. But I don't want this bill to be passed." She replied.

"Anyone else who have a counter bill can present it right now. If you don't have any other solution, then stop saying no and irritating us. So that at least we can polish the bill we have." The President said sternly.

"NO!!!"

"WE DISAGREE!"

"CANCEL THE BILL!"

"NOOO!!!"

Thap-! Thap-! Thap-!...

Many people started slapping the table in protest and many released their Ardor.

Seeing this the President paled. He was after all a normal cultivator not an ability awakener.

Reven closed his eyes and started pressing his forehead.

Even though this didn't affect him physically, this was mentally hectic and irritating for him too. 

"Calm…Calm Down everyone.

Please…"

"!!!"

…..

Author's Notes:

* A practical long term issue that we have to face if the ratio of men to women is not properly maintained. A horrible result of wars.

To this day Russia faces this problem because they lost too many men in the 2nd World War.

Plus, I wanted to show how hard it will become for govt. if something like the Advent happens in real life.

It sounds good to hear and read but the truth is that the consequences will be much more horrible and severe. I wanted to add some more too but I realized that will make the novel too boring.

So I simply took one long term consequence and tried to explain the severity of the situation.

*****

3