{{Chapter ~ 00007}}
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Angeline delved deeper into her research on the ancient civilization of Arathia, she found herself becoming increasingly frustrated. No matter how much she read or who she talked to, she couldn't seem to find any concrete information about the elusive civilization. It was as if the civilization had vanished into thin air, leaving behind only vague stories and rumors.

Feeling overwhelmed and stuck, Angeline decided to take a break from her research and attend a local magic show. She had always been fascinated by magic and had heard that some of the best magicians in the world were performing that night.

As she entered the dimly lit theater, Angeline felt a sense of excitement and anticipation wash over her. The stage was set with a variety of props and instruments, and the crowd was abuzz with excitement.

The show began with a bang, as a performer appeared on stage in a cloud of smoke, wielding a wand and casting spells that made the audience gasp in wonder. As the show progressed, Angeline found herself becoming more and more engrossed in the performances, marveling at the skill and talent of the performers.

After the show, Angeline decided to approach one of the performers and strike up a conversation. The performer, a retired historian who used to specialize in Arathian history, was happy to chat and share stories about the ancient civilization.

As Angeline sat across from the retired historian, sipping her coffee, she felt a sense of excitement and anticipation building within her. She had been stuck in her research for so long that this chance encounter felt like a lifeline.

"So, tell me more about the magical practices of Arathia," Angeline asked, eager to learn as much as she could.

The historian smiled, clearly pleased to have found someone so interested in their field of expertise. "Well, as you probably already know, magic was an integral part of everyday life in Arathia. It wasn't seen as something extraordinary or fantastical, but rather as a natural part of existence."

Angeline nodded, her pen poised over her notebook. "Yes, I've read about that. But can you give me some specific examples of their magical practices?"

"Of course. One of the most common forms of magic in Arathia was elemental magic. They believed that everything in the world was connected, and that each element - earth, air, fire, and water - had its own unique energy and properties. So, Arathians would use elemental magic to control and manipulate these energies, for things like farming, construction, and even healing."

"That's fascinating," Angeline said, scribbling furiously in her notebook. "What about other types of magic?"

The historian leaned in, his eyes shining with excitement. "Well, there was also spirit magic, which was used for communicating with the spirits of the dead and gaining knowledge from them. And then there was shadow magic, which was the most feared and misunderstood form of magic. It was said to be used by dark sorcerers and witches to control others and bring about destruction."

Angeline shivered, feeling a chill run down her spine. "That sounds dangerous."

"It was," the historian agreed, his expression turning somber. "But it was also incredibly powerful. In fact, some believe that the downfall of Arathia was caused by a group of sorcerers who wielded shadow magic to gain control of the government and oppress the people."

As the conversation continued, Angeline felt a newfound sense of excitement and inspiration. She had always been fascinated by magic and the unknown, and hearing about the ancient practices of Arathia only fueled her curiosity. She knew that there was still so much to learn, but for the first time in a long while, she felt like she was on the right track.

Over coffee, the historian shared fascinating insights about the history of magic in Arathia, detailing the practices and beliefs of the ancient civilization. He spoke of ancient artifacts and ruins that had been discovered, and of the powerful magic that had once been wielded by the Arathians.

As Angeline listened, she felt a sense of excitement and curiosity ignite within her. She realized that there was so much more to Arathia than she had ever imagined, and that there were still many secrets waiting to be uncovered.

0