Chapter 2
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her lashes fluttered and opened as the sun's rays hit Anna's face. Turning her head to the side, she saw that Vex was still asleep. She got up without waking her brother.

The bed where the adventurer slept was empty. For a moment she was filled with fear. 'He left without us,' she thought.

These worries were dissipated by the horse neighing from outside. There were only two horses in the village, and if Latvick had come this close, she would have known by now. 

She slowly made her way towards the door and opened it softly without making a sound.

Opening the door and looking out, she saw the Adventurer placing a bag of barley in front of his horse.

"Good morning, Mr.?" said Anna.

“Logan,” the man said, turning to Anna.

Anna didn't know what to say to him. He had literally saved her and her brother. But he didn't say anything after that. He hadn't even accepted the extended bowl of food. After all, he had bought both her brother and herself. 'What if he's someone like Latvick?' she thought. But she got rid of that thought straight away. The potion he gave her last night was worth almost 3 gold, not even Latvick would do such a thing. No one would even do such a thing.

Anna studied the Man in front of her.

"You have to make a decision," said Logan.

"How... what kind of decision?" said Anna.

"I'll be leaving in half an hour, I have no plans to keep you as a slave. You're free to go wherever you want. But if you don't want to stay here, I can take you to Arstok, I have a friend there and he can get a job for you and your brother."

Anna listened carefully to the man's words. She had to make a decision. But it wasn't that hard to make that decision. When her father had sold her to Latvick, it was out of the question for her to continue her life in this village. If she stayed, her father could sell her again. She knew that he would do the same to her brother.

"We're coming with you." she declared. Maybe a little louder than she'd like.

Logan nodded at this answer. "Get ready then," said Logan.

After Anna made her decision, she entered the house to wake up her brother.

She poked him.

"What's going on?... Big sister."

"Wake up, we're leaving the village," said Anna.

When Vex heard her sister's words, the events of yesterday attacked his mind.

Anna saw the hatred in Vex's eyes. His brother had attacked a slave trader yesterday to protect her. Maybe it was childish courage, but she was proud of Vex. Even nobles hesitated to deal with slave traders.

The sister and brother went out after having a little rabbit stew left over from yesterday.

Logan was already on his horse, and when he saw the siblings leaving the house, he turned his horse.

"Follow me." he said.

Anna and Vex started following the slow pace of the black horse through the Village.

When they reached the village square, they saw Latvick sitting on a horse, about to leave the village.

Latvick had also spent the night in the village. Only a fool would try to cross the roads of the Rothre kingdom at night. And Latvick didn't seem to be one of them.

Anna and Vex looked at Latvick with hateful eyes.

Of course, Latvick had noticed this trio as soon as they arrived in the village square. And as soon as he saw the siblings' eyes, he burst out laughing.

"Adventurer, I hope you can bear the consequences for what you have done," said Latvick, and he turned his horse and accelerated towards the village exit. He still seemed to be afraid of the Adventurer, he didn't even wait for the Adventurer to reply.

"Let's go," said Logan, and rode in the opposite direction from Latvick's exit.

The horse started its journey at a certain pace.

Anna was feeling strange emotions. Latvick's departure as if nothing had happened, and her helpless state had deeply wounded her. She wanted to kill him. She wanted to slit his throat with a knife, cut his dick off, and feed his body to the dogs. She had created many fantasies that she did these things. But there was nothing she could do, she did not have the strength to do these things. And power was the most important thing in this world, she had learned that.

Their journey continued for half an hour. They had left the village behind the mountain.

"You wait here," said Logan.

"What... Where are you going?" said Anna. Fearfully, if he left them right now, they would have nowhere to go.

"I guess... I dropped a pouch at my campsite before I came to the village. I need to get it back. I'll be back in 2 hours." ' he said, and he turned his horse and went back.

Anna just stared after the fast-moving horse. Then he hugged Vex and started looking for a place to sit and wait.

------------

"Just wait you son of bitch, my name isn't Latvick if I won't find you" he muttered.

It had been an hour since Latvick had left the village and started heading towards the Guild headquarters.

"Oh, why didn't I take a man with me," What happened yesterday was haunting him. How could an adventurer talk to him in that tone? He normally went with at least three guards wherever he went. But this time, he wanted to go from village to village and have some fun. That's why he didn't take anyone with him. He decided never to make that mistake again.

When his stomach growled, he pulled the Horse to the side of the road and dismounted.

He took a few pieces of bread with honey and butter from his bag and started eating. Just then, he heard the sound of a galloping horseman. He looked up to see who it could be when he saw him. The adventurer in black. What was he doing here? Had he come to kill him?

Latvick completely erased these thoughts. This was quite impossible. If Someone killed a slave trader, the whole guild wouldn't stop until they had killed the murderer. This rule was a Self-protection mechanism. Thanks to their work, they made many enemies, and only in this way could they protect themselves.

As the adventurer approached where Latvick was sitting, he slowed the horse and stopped right in front of him.

"Mr.Adventurer, what wind threw you here. Weren't you going the other way?" ' Latvick asked. As calmly as he can.

But cold sweat was already starting to pour down his back. 'What the hell is this man doing here?' 'he's not crazy enough to do anything to me, is he?' So many questions crossed his mind.

"Mr. Latvick, you are the dumbest Slave trader I have ever seen," said the Adventurer, walking slowly towards Latvick.

"What do you mean?" ' asked Latvick.

"You are perhaps the most hated people in this land. But you are attempting to travel alone. Alone. Unprotected."

Logan was within arm's length of Latvick as he said those words.

"You can't kill me! if you do that, the whole guild will chase you to the end of the world." ' he said, and began to take a step back.

"Haha, it's not the first time I've heard of this, you know, you're all saying the same things."

Latvick stumbled and fell to the ground as he heard the words of the man in front of him.

death. Latvick realized that the man before him was determined to kill him.

"I just fucked a country girl. Why are you trying to kill me for that?" said Latvick.

These words made the man in front of him grimace, but he quickly regained his composure.

"You misunderstood something, Mr. Slaver. The reason I came back for you and I'm going to kill you isn't because of what you did to that girl. No. I'm going to kill you because of an oath." he said, and began to walk slowly towards Latvick.

“What an oath,” Latvick said, trying to distance himself from the man in front of him with his hands.

“Oath.” The man paused. And he continued. "It was about five years ago. I had just been freed from your hands. I remember it like it was yesterday. That pit of blood, mud, and shit. That day I took an oath. An oath to kill as many Slavers as I could. Every single one I met."

Latvick's eyes widened. A man in black, the hunter. These features reminded him of something. Something he didn't want to be true. "You... you are RE-" Before he could finish his sentence, his head left his body.

0