Chapter 7 – Arthur: 2 months ago
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was inside the Castletown hotel, I went to the receptionist and said “I have a reservation for room 51. Here is my ID,” I handed her the document, ‘Adam Kowalski’ it said.

“Yes, here is the card, go up the stairs or you could use the elevator and on the second floor turn left.” She handed me the card.

Once inside the room I put down my satchel and examined the whole room for signs of the camera. I examined the more obvious places like, lamps, picture frames, smoke detectors, wall sockets, air plants and anything that I found to be suspicious. To confirm I turned the lights off and flashed with my phone, I have seen no reflections. As the next step I launched my phone camera, it can see infrared light, which allows for detection of some recording devices. Finding nothing I covered most potentially suspicious places with towels.

I took a book out of my satchel and started reading. I had a whole hour before it got dark enough. Once it was, I opened the balcony and jumped onto the one below. It took me a bit of gymnastics but in the end I was there. I confirmed that I was not seen by the person inside, light indicated that he was in the bathroom. I checked the door to see if it was open, but it was not. So, I took my lockpicks and started to unlock them. After a good minute it was unlocked and I went inside, I made sure to not make any noise to not alert anyone. Through a crack in the door I could see that he was taking a shower, I opened the door slowly and went up to him. I yanked him by his arm, I aided in his fall to lead his head into the sink. There was a typical sound of his temples cracking under the hit. I checked his pulse, it was gone. I waited a couple of minutes to confirm his status, in the meantime I checked his apartment for cameras just like I did with mine. Now it was time to leave, I closed the door to the bathroom and went back to the balcony. Going up to my own apartment was more challenging, I had to make sure that I did not fall below, while not fatal. How could I explain leaving the apartment without leaving my room?

Once inside my apartment I put the towels back where they belonged and went back to reception.

“I would like to check out. Here is my card. Thanks, and bye.” As I left, I took my smartphone out and pressed on the ‘Done’ button. I uploaded a photo of the dead target. Shortly I got a confirmation along with a message ‘€8000 has been wired to your usual account’


7 weeks ago (Part 1):

I plugged my USB stick into my laptop, shortly Tails booted up. It is a security-based Linux distribution focused on preserving privacy and anonymity that connects to the internet exclusively through TOR. It is so called amnesic, as it remembers nothing and leaves no trace on your machine, for it runs on RAM and does not write to a hard drive.

I logged into darknet and went straight to the hub. It is unclear who is the founder of the hub, for obvious reasons the person or persons responsible stayed anonymous. All clients and contractors are only known by their nicknames. Each of us has a cryptocurrency wallet that our payment goes into. Our wallet is managed by us and can be changed at will.

I go by the nickname „Chort.”

I found a new job posting with the promised pay out of € 18 000. Now, that is a job for me. The target is Edmong Burke and is to die by “accident,” requested by the end of a week. The difficulty is that he lives in a mansion with heavy security, cameras, motion sensors, glass break detectors and more.

That would be a problem, if not the fact that my company installed it a year back, specifically I did. I cannot guarantee that all credentials will work, they were asked to change them regularly. Though most people neglect it, for the simple reason that remembering a new password is burdensome. I accepted the job, turned off my machine and unplugged the USB stick.

I logged in into the target security system, credentials still worked. I could see multiple rooms with lights on and a big rottweiler walking in the yard. He will need to be taken care of, I contemplated what to do with a dog, I do not like to kill animals.

I could see the target in the kitchen, cooking something. He was a tall man, fit with a right hand full of tattoos. There were three guests in the living room, drinking heavily. First, I remember, she was his wife, the other two I had no idea. I needed to avoid any other casualties, as far as I am concerned it could be his wife, or one of the others who hired me. One little downside of not knowing who your client is. Never kill more than requested, I learned that the hard way.

I needed to observe the target, to learn his patterns. I needed to know how I can fake his accident; It needs to be believable. Something that could happen, something that would not scream ‘someone killed him.’ I watched the whole house for the potential ways in and out. Learned room arrangement and other potentially useful details I found to be of importance. I noted what guests come at what time, how long they stay and what they usually do. I started to devise the plan.

0