Chapter 20: Home
70 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the short time period before the next semester, when Carlo was out and working, Lemma tries to sneak Lawrence and Sophia into the basement room. 

"Why are we walking all the way to some landfill? We could've just used my personal car and let my butler drive us all the way here!"

"I... am terrified of vehicles. I'll tell you later why."

Lawrence saw the gradually-changing atmosphere of the areas as they walked from the orderly city to the slums. The people had an understanding of their proper place in society, thus not knowing the existence of their neighbors as much as they should've been. While both Lemma and Sophia remained the same, Lawrence's posture became more guarded as he felt that he is an outsider.

"I didn't know the slums were this near. Ugh, what is that stench?!" 

"Probably some dead rats or cockroaches."


"You're telling me you live here?" Lawrence was in shock looking at the shanty.

"That's insensitive, Fatass. Just because you live in that doesn't mean this home is any less." said Sophia as she pointed to the skyscraper on the distance, the tallest one on the skyline with their family business ZM.

"Wait, you live there?! Does that mean you can see my home from there?!"

"Whatever, let's just go to your advanced basement room- WHAT IS THAT?!" A small lizard came crawling towards them.

"Huh? That's just a common house gecko? Even I see it from my home."

"Just ignore them."

"S-scary. I could've been killed." Lawrence thought, thinking all lizards are vicious creatures like snakes as he only ever saw them from zoos.


After entering the house and Lawrence almost tripping from random junk on the floor, they tiptoed their way into the basement room. 

"What is this?! This looks more advanced than my family's laboratory!"

"This beats even the public state research facility my Mom brings me to sometimes..."

Lemma grabs various components and shows every one of them to the two.

"This is something he uses to safely remove my head from my body, and these green thingies go into my head and upgrades my electric thingies... or something. Actually, I have no idea what these are."

"Safely remove your head? Remove? Your? Head? What are you, some robot?" 

"Oh, yeah, I never told you about that." Lemma casually removes her eyeballs, "Never mind, seeing nothing is terrifying," and puts it back.

"Interesting, you know what blind people must fee-"

"YOU'RE A ROBOT?! AND WHY ARE YOU ACTING SO CASUALLY, FATASS?" Sophia exclaimed with her mouth wide open.

"SHHH! MY MOM WILL WAKE UP!"

"Oh, you didn't know? Apparently I know more about your best friend!"

"GUYS! BE QUIET!" Lemma grabbed both of their heads and smacked them with each other.

   o(︶︹︺)o

(╥﹏╥)(╥﹏╥)

"OUCH!"

"I swear."


"This is too complicated for me! Why don't we just wait for your Dad?" The three of them tried to mess around with the computers on the room, but they accomplished nothing.

"Markov-Chain Neural Modeling... Quantum channel Schrödinger picture... Observable Semantic Matrix Status Visibility??? Just what the hell are these? Why don't you just tell us yourself, YOU are the robot, right?" Lawrence pointed at Lemma ( ಠ_ಠ)->

"I don't know! I don't even think of myself as a robot most of the time! I used to be human!" ╚(◕⌂◕✿)╝

"Used to be human? What made you a robot, then?" (-⊙_⊙-)

 

Lemma told them about her past.

 

"...then is your original body..."

"It's there. Go check it if you want." She points to the body cabinets.

"Ummm... I'll pass." said Lawrence.

Sophia immediately goes on the body cabinets to check out Lemma's original body.

"So this is what you actually looked like... you're pretty, Rinna."

"Rinna... it's been a long time since someone called me by that name."

"You had a brother too, right? Why isn't he a robot like you?"

"Zen..." Lemma closed her eyes.

"Sorry."

"Oh, no. It's been a long time. Dad said his brain was too damaged. His body here too. He should've been a teenager by now."

"I was -mhm- thinking about that-" said Lawrence as he ate a cupcake he secretly brought along with him, "-won't you look like a 9 year old forever?"

"If we all pursue all the right college degrees, we should be able to change Lemma, right?"

"You're saying that we three should go attend the same university?"

"Of course! We go to the RSAP's university!"

"The campus only accepts the brightest in the country..."

Before they were able to finish the conversation, they heard footsteps on the stairs.

"Lemma, are you there?"

5