Chapter 24: Fever
49 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mhmmhmm.... wha......" A beam of sunlight hits Lemma's right eye perfectly. "I feel... dizzy... and hot... but comfy..." After napping for 2 more minutes, she realizes that she's too comfortable, making her jump out of her bed.

"Wh-wh-wh-wh-WHERE AM I?!"

"KFFFH?!" 

"M-MOM?! YOU HAVE DROOL ON YOUR MOUTH!"

After frantically wiping the drool out of her face, Ile touches Lemma's forehead to see that it is still hot. 

"You still have a fever. You should stay in bed and recover..."

"No wonder. My head really hurts." Lemma lies down on her bed and covers herself with a very soft and furry blanket. "Where are we? This bed is nice..."

"...this is our new home."

"Ahhh, really? Yey..." She snuggles one of the pillows and prepares to sleep again before she remembered, "WAIT! ISN'T TODAY MY FIRST DAY IN 7TH GRADE?! I HAVE TO- *cough*" 

"Geez. You even have coughs." Ile carefully lays Lemma down again and explains to her, "I already told RSAP. They said it's fine. Just rest and recover, okay?"

"Mkay! *cough* This feeling sucks..."

"Tell me, how do you have fevers and coughs even though you're a robot?"

"I don't know. Dad probably put it when I get wet or something..."

"That's impressive. According to this note, a little rest for a few days would make you recover. I wonder what Carlo was thinking putting these on you. If it were me, I wouldn't want to ever get sick!"

"Wait, you already knew about me, Mom?"

"Of course. That doesn't change anything though. I still love you." She puts a wet towel on her forehead. "I know you don't really need this, but here."

"Thank you, Mom. This feels comforting... *snore*"


*knock knock*

"Who's there?" It was Lawrence and Sophia. 

"We came here to see Lemma. How is she?"

"Look." She showed a thermometer to them, "Her temperature is a Celsius above the average. The note from Carlo says she'll recover in a few days though."

"Amazing... I mean, I see..." 

Sophia smacks Lawrence in the head, "I hope you don't mind us intruding."

"No, no. With her father gone... She'll need you more than ever."

They entered the house and went straight into the room where Lemma was in. Because she was sleeping, they sat on the chairs beside her. 

"I'll cook dinner for both of you, okay?"

"Thank you."

It was Lawrence and Sophia alone with a sleeping Lemma. They carefully placed the things they brought over for Lemma. 

"Here's the notes for today's course guides and some chocolates from my family's sweet store! What did you bring, Sophia?"

She brought out a packed bag and filled the bedside table with a range of medicines. 

"Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin... I also prepared her Dextrose in case she can't eat."

"...Did you forget that she doesn't need those things?"

"Ah... yeah... My home is next door anyways."

"Who knew she'd live next to you. Mr. Pumping really has some connections, huh."

"To think he also knew mother..."

"Whemphmhm..."

"Look. She has a fever and she drools on her sleep."

Both of their concerns to the wellbeing of Lemma suddenly turned into robot fascination and they geeked out with what kind of possible mechanisms made this possible until Lemma woke up.

"You think what she drinks turns into the drool? That's quite disgusting..."

"But that's how we literally work."

"Bpoerkgoerjg... Lawrence, Sophia... What are you doing here~?" she said in a dreamy tone.

"You're sick. We're here to visit. Duh."

"So, Lemma..." Sophia closes her face on Lemma's. She, then, presses her forehead against Lemma's.

"It really is hot..."

Lemma gazed into Sophia's eyes and said in a wishy-washy tone, "You're beautiful, Sophia," making her conscious of her proximity to Lemma. Despite this, Sophia doesn't move an inch. "Hehehe. What are you saying, dummy?"

"I don't know..." Both of them were staring at each other with a smile.

"What's with these two..." said Lawrence as he prepares a laptop for them to watch movies on.

"Here. I have Atlantic Rim, Bicentennial Woman, and Small Hero 5. Let's all watch!"

The three had fun until they all fell asleep.

3