Chapter 25: Promise
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lemma? Our next class is Gym class. What are you doing, spacing out?"

"Ahh... nothing."

It was 2019, in the middle of the smoldering heat of the dry season. Lemma, Lawrence, and Sophia have become practically inseparable because they were the only ones who are together throughout their school years due to them being consistent top 3 in their Star Classes. With assured top 3 positions, the three are going to university by the following year.

"Lemma's really different from back then, don't you think so?"

"I know! She's getting better physically!"

"Here we go!!!!"

With her hair tied into a ponytail, Lemma, full of energy, serves the volleyball to the other side with immense power, making everyone who watched swoon over her. After an intense fight, her team eventually won. 

"Amazing! Even when she's this small!" A bystander said.

"Good job, Lemma!" One of her team mates gives her a high five, and she reciprocates a joyous expression, "Good job!"

And went she went back towards where Lawrence and Sophia were sitting, she smiled while holding a peace sign.

"I'm amazing, right!"

"I know! How can you even do that without getting tired? Does your tiredness lessen with physical activity like training? Amazing..."

"Meanwhile, this guy hasn't changed at all..." Sophia thought to herself.

After laughing at their banter, Lemma says, "I'll go take a shower now. I'm too sweaty."

"Cool. You even sweat now!"

"..."

Sophia secretly followed Lemma into the shower room. After hearing Lemma sigh loudly, Sophia confronts Lemma outside the stall where she's showering. 

"Lemma..."

"Eeep! Oh, it's you, Sophia." She suddenly returns to her happy tone, "What's up? Oh, I forgot my towel. Can you hand it over to me?"

"Sure..." After grabbing the towel from her locker, Sophia knocks on Lemma's stall. She opens the stall, revealing her entire body.

"Thank you." 

With her ears blushing a bit, she exclaims to Lemma, "...Hey! Are yu- *cough* Are you... okay?" 

"What do you mean?" After thinking for a bit, she came to the conclusion, "Ahh... Being this wet doesn't really do anything to me. Don't you remember that day in the typhoon?"

"That's not what I meant!" Sophia closes in and with her fervor, she pins Lemma against the wall.

"H-hey! You're getting wet too!"

"You don't have to force yourself to smile!"

"..."

"I remember when we first told you about your Dad. You didn't even look sad. In fact, you had the same smile as you always did lately. I've always looked at you, you know?! Ever since you introduced yourself in 4th grade."

"Sophia-"

"You- You have beautiful eyes, you know?! I don't want it to keep looking sad! I want to see it sparkle like when you were still in that old basement room in the slums!"

Lemma bursts down in tears. "I don't know what Dad is thinking! Why would he leave me alone?! I WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HIM!!!" 

"It's okay..."

"What am I supposed to do, Sophia? I thought that if I excel at everything... if I was just a little bit like Ms. Chisa..."

Sophia gently grabs Lemma's hands and holds her hands with fingers intertwined. She presses her forehead on Lemma's, and with very tender words, she promises Lemma, "Wherever you go, whatever we do, I'll be there for you."

"Even when you're drenched and might have a fever tomorrow?"

"*sniff* Of course."

Lemma silently shed her tears while in Sophia's embrace.

"You're warm... and... your boobs grew, didn't it?"

"Hehehe. Jealous?"

"I know!" Lemma pushes away Sophia and she finally had that sparkle in her eyes again.

"We should make a new body for me when we have the chance! I wanna be an adult!"

"Hahaha, true. We don't want you forever trapped in that child-like body." Sophia lifts up her pinky, "We'll work together, and give you a normal life. Okay?"

Lemma answers her promise.

"Okay. By the way, wanna shower together?"

 

"What's taking those two too long?" Lawrence wondered as he snacked while watching the others play volleyball.

Announcement
Gonna take a short break to finish up my thesis. Wish me luck.
4