Chapter 10: Faith is Playing (2)
719 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It would take approximately 5 days to travel from Ilios City to Berrick Valley, and another day to add for they still need to make stops along the way to fill up the empty boxes that Rob brought with them to store their missing ingredients.

The road was getting bumpy and the empty box began to rattle inside the carriage. They didn't mind it, after all, it was normal. But then something abnormal happened. The wheels came loose and the carriage which began to totter abruptly fell to its side. The horses panicked and the people riding the carriage were greatly affected, especially Fern and Keira who was sitting inside with boxes in the middle of them.

Rob manages to land on his side and only forms a fresh wound on his arm. He looked behind where the carriage was lying on its side and hurriedly ran towards it. The broken carriage shook as someone was trying to crawl out. Rob immediately lifted the broken piece of the carriage and helped the person out.

Keira only managed to crawl out with great difficulty with the help of Rob. Keira was covered in cuts and bruises all over her body. Rob wanted to help her up but she denied his help and only said, "Fern."

On this realization, Rob finally remembered that Fern was still stuck in the debris. After a short while, he was able to pull up Fern who was unconscious. His wounds looked even worse than Keira's.

Keira looked at the breathing Fern and blew a relieved sigh. She managed to protect Fern's head at the last minute with her powers, but he was still unconscious, maybe due to the shock. Just as those words left Kiera's mind, Fern woke up.

"Ugh, what happened?" Fern asked as he surveyed his surroundings, then his eyes grew wide. He tried to sit up but groaned in pain while doing so. Rob took the liberty of explaining. "The carriage broke down."

"What?! How can that be? I checked it last night and it was all in good condition!" Fern exclaimed. Rob shook his head and said, "I should have double-checked before we left this morning. It is also an oversight on my part."

"More importantly, miss Mapajoke, are you alright?" Fern asked full of concern.

"I'm alright, I only have small cuts here and there and I think I might have sprained my ankle though. You look worse than me if we are to compare."

Fern only softly laughed at Keira's reply but then said in all seriousness, "What do we do now?"

Rob spoke, "We should camp here for the moment and I'll go back to Ilios with the horse and bring help." Fern and Keira nodded in agreement. This was the best thing they could do right now. Good thing, they were still not that far from Ilios, as it was only half a day since they traveled.

Keira felt guilty as she could easily heal them all with her Light powers but she still needed to hide her identity so she could only stay put. Then, an idea appeared in Keira's mind. She instantly called out her system.

Keira: [Elly, open the system store.]

System 999: [Yes boss! (≧∇≦)/]

System 999: 'Is it really that painful that Host is planning on buying a pain shield from the system store?'

The system can block their Host pain at 70% costing 100 experience points for 2 hours. But their Host may also directly buy from the system store to buy pain shields that are more effective or those that can last longer, but of course, as the pain shield goes up higher in effectiveness, it would also cost a lot more experience points. Nevertheless, their Host could just ask their systems to order for them as in some cases, their Host is in no state to open the system store window.

A prompt appeared in front of Keira, she began to scroll down the system store and looked for a potion that could help them right now while Rob and Fern set up camp. Although Fern was covered in wounds, it didn't hinder his mobility, so he could still move his limbs.

Keira wanted to cry. The potions were too expensive as they cost 800 points each, but Keira's guilt was heavier than the points she had to spend so she didn't hesitate to click buy. Keira brought 3 potions for each of them. Keira checked her remaining balance.

[Current balance: 16,800]

Five hundred from the invisible cloak, three hundred from the items she had brought in the stream, and small purchases she made like the money and gown. Adding the purchase she had right now, it was irrefutable. She is now left with this money. It was still large but losing three thousand points in the span of a few days still left a bitter taste in Keira's mouth. She made a mental note to not needlessly spend next time.

The potions appeared inside her bag and Keira brought them out like they were there in the first place. But before she could call out the two boys, sounds of clops approached their location. The three heads looked in the direction where the sounds came from. In the distance, fast approaching comes a bunch of horses and a carriage. As the horses advanced forward, the people riding it became clearer.

"This is..?!" Fern blurted out. The knights of the Angulus Kingdoms came into view riding their horses. Behind them follows a carriage with the royal family insignia plastered. This was no doubt, the carriage belonging to Aster. A very bad premonition came to Keira.

'Fate you're really playing me dirty' Keira cried out in her mind.

Keira didn't know that fate played no part in this, only Aster's sly scheme.

Keira was still laying on her back against a tree, unable to get up. When the knights saw their party's situation, they quickly unmount their horses and approach them. One knight went towards Keira, while the other knights proceeded to Rob and Fern. The royal carriage door opened. Came out the ever so shining King Aster.

"What's going on here?" A stern tone came out. Aster glanced in Keira's direction before he turned his eyes towards the two men.

Keira's heart raced from the brief eye contact. The two felt overwhelmed and were extremely nervous. Rob politely bowed his head and answered, "Greetings the sun of the Angulus Kingdom. We have seemed to run into a predicament."

Aster looked at Rob cooly and asked him to continue. Continuing, Rob stated, "Our carriage broke down, causing an accident that injured both of my companions."

"Are you also not injured?" Aster placidly asked with his amiable smile. Rob was dumbfounded and could only reply,

"Pardon?"

Aster elucidated, "Why say only two of your party are hurt when you clearly are also wounded?"

Rob's eyes glowed, showing that he was touched by the concern of his King towards this lowly servant. Rob thought to himself that their King is truly the most kindhearted ruler. He cares for his subjects really well.

"Help the two wounded men to the carriage and bring them back to Ilios. Have a physician check them when you arrive." At Aster's command, the guards replied with a yes. The guard moved and began to guide the two to the carriage, but before they could enter the carriage, Fern proclaimed, "What about Mapajoke?"

The guards briefly paused, before continuing shoving Fern into the carriage. Fern, with his injured body and the difference in strength between the knights, was easily pushed in. Fern only managed to let out a yelp before the guards closed the door. The other knights began to clear out the ground as per Aster's command while Keira remained there as a spectator. The royal carriage containing the two individuals and the knights went back to Ilios after they finished with their formalities.

Keira could only watch all of this happen as she was immobile. With the others leaving, the surroundings became quiet. Only the soft breeze that rustles the leaves could be heard.

Keira: [Elly, have I offended the male lead?]

System 999: [I don't think so Host. Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [Then… Why does have a scary smiling expression on his face.]

Faith was really playing with her, Keira inwardly cried out.

Announcement
I'll update 5 chapters tomorrow since I still have those stored. I would then update I'll continue to update one chapter a day until the first arc finishes. Happy Reading Everyone <333
9