Chapter 19: Back to the Royal Palace (1)
682 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gently fluttering her eyes open, Keira had awoken from her long nap. The sun was already up letting light seep through the blue curtains. With the help of the sunlight, Keira could see her surroundings clearly. She is back in the royal palace.

She propped her upper body up and muttered to herself, "Aster must have brought me back."

The interior was very extravagant, but it did not display unpleasantness in the eyes of Keira as if it was designed according to her taste. Blue was prominent in the room, as it was Keira's favorite color.

How could the royal palace contain a room well suited for her? Did Aster already have this room prepared for 5 years already since he became king or did he just have it arranged just now? None of this matters anyway as she was leaving this world.

"Oh right, the Manpasikjeok must also be in his possession." Just as she utters those words, a ding sounded in her head.

[System 999 is back online.]

System 999: [Host! Where have you been?]

Keira: [What do you mean where have I been? Of course I was sucked by that Manpasikjeok and unsealed it just as you 'directed'.]

System 999 could see its Host's bad mood but System 999 could not understand why it was disconnected.

Keira: [Useless system, could not even remain connected and left its Host to starve and tire herself. Did not even inform ahead of time what I would encounter once I unseal the stupid flute.]

System 999: [I did not understand what had happened either Host. Although I have expected that something will be triggered once we imbued it with your powers for it was influenced by the darkness powers during the war. Even so, this system could not explain why I have disconnected. What exactly did you experience there Host that led you to be this irritated?]

Keira flinched as she recalled that voice and the hideous crying she did in that empty space.

'Good thing no one was present to see that unsightly display.'

Keira sighed before replying,

Keira: [No matter, what's done is done. We should focus on the matter at hand. We have to find Aster first as I assume he has the Manpasikjeok in his hands. Hopefully, he is willing to return it.]

'I mean why wouldn't he, right?

Keira: [It's still in the palace right?]

System 999: [Yes Host, I can still detect its energy, however, it is very hard to detect due to the overwhelming light energy inside the palace, I could only detect it if we are at least 10 feet away from it.]

Keira: [Tsk tsk, useless.]

System 999: [QAQ]

Keira removed the quilt from her body and got out of bed. She made her way to the door and opened it. Just when she was about to walk out, her face bumped against a sturdy chest. A sweet fresh minty smell entered Keira's nostrils. Without the need to look up, she could tell that the male lead was in front of her.

Aster's arm already grasped Keira's small waist during the impact. Moving their body closer while holding her in place. Aster looked down at Keira's small structure before a soft smile appeared on his face.

Aster, "Where are you heading?"

Keira looked up and saw Aster's handsome smile and perfect face before she replied, "Looking for you."

Aster's heart raced and he felt delighted to know that the first thing Keira thought when she woke up was to look for him. Even though he felt extremely happy inside, his face only displayed one-fourth of it.

Aster cocked his head sideways and asked, "May I ask the reason as to why?"

"Remove me first." Feeling uncomfortable in the small distance between their faces, Keira wiggled in Aster's firm arms.

Seeing Keira trying hard to break from his grasp, Aster could not help himself from letting a soft but deep chuckle out. He still removed his hands from her waist, seeing that Keira was getting annoyed.

Keira sighed in relief. She was scared that the male lead would hear how loud her heart was becoming. Being under the male lead's arms felt good alright?! Although his arms looked hard and solid, they felt soft and comfortable. Wait... Why am I thinking about how awesome being hugged by Aster felt like?

Keira slapped herself hard, trying to remove the unwanted thoughts lingering inside her head. Aster was surprised by Keira's sudden action. And the system watching could feel second-hand embarrassment.

"I was looking for you in order to ask about the Manpasikjeok. I assume you must have it in your possession."

"Oh." Instantly, Aster's face sunken.

Seeing Aster wear such a scary expression, Keira flinched. Before she could reply, Aster already started talking.

"I already destroyed the flute that you speak of." Aster said and his eyes glinted a dangerous glow.

"What?!" Keira exclaimed but then realized right after, that her Elly informed her that the Manpasikjeok was still indeed sitting in the palace.

Hearing Keira exclaimed only deepened Aster's grievance. Aster crossed his arms and scoffed.

"What seems to be the problem? Didn't you already say that once you obtain the Manpasikjeok you were willing to destroy it personally? I did you the favor and destroyed it myself."

Keira was appalled at how easy Aster could lie, it even flowed out of his tongue smoothly. Good thing she has her Elly with her, if not, she was sure she would have already fallen for his tricks a long time ago. But two could play in that game.

"Is that so? That's good, it saves me energy." Keira showed an innocent smile.

As if caught by her dazzling smile, Aster reached out and gently touched Keira's cheeks. His face expresses profound emotions. Keira was not prepared for the male lead's rebuttal, she stiffened and her heart quickly raced. She could never get used to his attractive face.

"Keira…" Aster softly called out Keira's name as he began to tenderly caress her cheeks.

Keira instinctively replied with a light hum. She didn't bother hiding her identity because she already knows that Aster is already aware. Albeit she could explain her similar behaviors to the Keira that died 5 years ago, she could not however, give an excuse for the light powers she displayed in the Berrick Valley.

Lying would only arouse more suspicion, even her being here is disbelieving enough. Adding more would not be wise. So Keira decided to inwardly acknowledge Aster's suspicion by responding.

"Keira… I missed you so much."

A single phrase yet expressed thousands of feelings. Aster's gaze never left Keira. One could tell he has so much to ask and so much to say, but Keira was starving so she could only push these matters aside for now.

Keira lightly put her hand on top of Aster's hand that was touching her face and said, "Let's speak of this later, I'm hungry."

Aster immediately understood what Keira was hinting at. He replied while still keeping his hand on her face.

"Okay. Change first before heading out. Don't run outside with your night clothes still on again. The food has already been prepared. I will be waiting outside." He removed his hand and went out the door.

Keira has forgotten that she was still in her nightgown. Being seen outside as a lady with a nightgown still on would surely be embarrassing, especially during this era where women must always display elegance.

"Haaa… This world and its etiquettes. If this was back home, I would walk out of my house still wearing my pajamas" Keira expressed her grievance, not knowing that Aster could hear everything going on behind the closed doors.

'Back home?' A question was raised in Aster's head. His heart however was expressing a bad premonition. His Keira is back and yet only uneasiness arouses in his heart. He felt like she would disappear once again but this time, she was not coming back.

He must not expose her to any danger and he must tie her to this place so she would never leave him again. Only by telling himself this did the uneasiness lighten but it could never entirely disappear.

10