Chapter 22: Welcome Back (2)
523 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A knocking could be heard on the door. Aster responded, "Come in."

A royal guard entered my office. It appears that this guard was one of the royal guards Aster posted to watch over Keira. Aster looked at him and said, "What is it?"

The royal guard responded, "Your Highness, Fritz saw the Saintess after she tried to leave her room and now they are having a conversation inside the Saintess' room."

Aster replied, "Leave them."

"Yes, Your Highness." The guard bowed down before attempting to leave the room. Aster thought for a moment before deciding to stop him.

"Wait. What was Keira's reason for coming out of her room?"

"Pardon me for not informing your royal Highness, she was looking to ask someone for a quill and papers. I thought that this was only an insignificant matter." The guard politely responded bowing his head.

"Is that so? Bring her the things she asked and next time, tell me everything that correlates to her, even the small details you deemed insignificant."

"My apologies." The guard lowered his head once more.

"Go back and resume your post."

"Thank you, Your Highness." The guard quickly left the room leaving Aster alone in the office.

Aster leaned back to my chair and rested his elbows on the arms of the chair and rested his head, slightly tilting it to the side.

'Everything is going according to plan so far. I asked my servants to spread the rumor of Keira's return and especially asked them to talk about this matter when Fritz was around.'

Aster's purpose for this was for the two to approach Keira so Keira would be reminded of the people that cared for her and the moments that these people shared with her, making Keira reluctant to leave the palace and go somewhere far away where his eyes could not reach her. Perchance Fritz and Guinevere would be able to convince Keira to stay.

'Some would say I am being selfish to use my friends in this matter and they may be correct, but none of that matters, as long as this causes Keira to remain by my side, then even if I have to abuse my authority as a King, I would gladly do so.' Not using what's at your disposal is foolish.

"Even if I have to physically tie you to my side Kiera, I would do it. But as long as you uphold your promise in staying by my side, I would offer everything in the world for you."

Aster lowered his head and quietly whispered, hoping that no one could hear his desperate plea.

"So, don't leave me alone once again Keira..."

—Or maybe I was hoping that you could hear me. That's why I said these words out loud.

...

After entering Keira's room, Kiera sat on the comfy sofa while still trying to have your elegance. She was trying hard not to let her body sink and be one with the sofa.

Keira: [Haaa... Everything is so comfy in this room, just the way I like it. Makes me hesitant to leave this world.]

System 999: [Are you that easy to please Host?! Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [Hahaha, calm down my dear Elly. Obviously, it's just a joke. How could I be willing to leave my beloved just for a piece of furniture...]

System 999: [Why can I hear reluctance to your words Host?]

Keira: [Kidding, kidding.]

System 999: [Why are you in such a good mood Host?]

System 999 was perplexed by how its Host was still in a joking mood after knowing that the male lead inwardly forbade her to go outside.

Keira: [I'm just happy to talk to a close friend after a long time.]

The system understood its Host because after spending a long time with this Host who was bursting with emotions, it also gradually understood the concept of human emotions, and perhaps this system is too, feeling emotions but just failed to acknowledge it.

System 999 was only a new system when it encountered Keira. It was reasonable for a first job because the world Keira was in was relatively easier compared to the other Hosts out there. But now an error came from the main system just as System 999 was about to finish its first job, so it had to accompany its host, prolonging the job. But for some reason, the system was not bothered by this and was even a little happy to know that it could spend more time with this Host as it was reluctant to part with it.

They say that the system's personality majority stemmed from the first host they encountered. That is why System 999 still has a somewhat childish personality because Keira talks to System 999 like how she would talk to her cat Elly back home in her original world.

Keira looked at Fritz who remained standing by the door side. She remarked, "Are you going to continue standing over there or have a seat and chat with me?"

Fritz slowly moved towards the couch in front of Keira and sat on it. He continued to peer at Keira's face like examining a species that was supposed to be extinct.

Keira smiled and said, "Ask whatever's on your mind. I'm sure you have hundreds of questions, be it regarding my identity or how I came back after dying."

Fritz knitted his brows. He then began asking, "Are you really Keira?"

"I have already confirmed this."

"If so, where did we first meet and what happened during the time we met?"

Keira perked the corner of her lips as if amused. She found it fun to have this type of conversation where one is very skeptical about the truth she presumably holds and the other party tries to ask questions.

"Well, we first met when I saw you fall down to your face when you slipped through the mud. After that, your face was covered with soil yet you still apologize for the small dirt you splash upon your fall. Then later that day, Aster introduced me to you stating that you were the grand duke and were participating with me on the front lines. We both pretend like we just met each other and until now, only you and I are the only ones to know about this fact, assuming you haven't told anyone."

Fritz's ears quickly reddened and quickly exclaimed, "Okay, okay! You are the true deal!"

Keira could not help but laugh at Fritz's reaction.

"I always wonder how the people would react knowing that the timid and upright Grand Duke could actually turn red like this."

"Only you and Guinevere have the boldness to make fun of the Grand Duke. Even Aster could not make fun of me in such a manner."

Fritz scratched the back of his neck. A habit that he always has. Keira revealed a smile that reached her eyes.

Fritz saw this and was momentarily stunned. Feeling his ears slightly flushed again he coughed and stirred the conversation.

"But I'm sincerely glad that you're back Keira. Everyone was extremely saddened by your passing, especially Aster. He would bury himself with work, not taking any breaks. It was his unhealthy way of coping with your death. I wanted to stop him at first, but after seeing his helpless eyes... I could not bear to stop him again, and only encouraged him to take breaks from time to time but even then, he would still not listen and work himself to exhaustion. But now you're back. He would finally stop working himself to death."

A pure bright smile emerged from Fritz. He softly looked at Keira and said, "Welcome back Keira."

5