Chapter 28: Someone To Rely (2)
410 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean? Wait, have a seat first." Fritz nodded and sat opposite Keira where he sat before when he came to visit.

Keira pressed Fritz for answers, "Enlighten me about this dark attribute."

"Aster told me and Guinevere that after the war ended, your soul was captured by the surviving darkness followers and that you were resurrected because of them. However, they were not successful in containing your soul, so your soul went to another body and this was of an orphan on the streets."

Keira's brow furrowed as she listened to Aster's otherworldly lies. Well, she was also an otherworldly being herself, so it would be hypocritical to say.

Fritz continued, "We were told your soul however still remains fragments of the darkness followers instructions, that's why when you came back to life, you automatically went to find the Manpasikjeok."

Fritz looked at Keira directly and interrogated her, "Aster showed us the Manpasikjeok and it was giving off dark energy, similar to the darkness power we have encountered during the war. So I'll be blunt Keira, why were you seeking the Manpasikjeok and how did you even know of this flute to begin with? I even heard from the other knights that you disappeared for many days after interacting with that mysterious flute, then magically came back out of nowhere and fell unconscious."

Keira calmly looked at Fritz but her eyes showed that she was taking this matter seriously. She leaned and profoundly asked, "I can answer all of your questions... but it would be extremely difficult to believe."

Fritz continued to stare at her inwardly saying he was ready for anything Keira had to bring.

She took a deep breath before answering Fritz.

"Fritz, I am not from this world."

Fritz, "...What?"

System 999: [ (・∀・) ]

Fritz: ...

System 999: [What are you doing Host?! Σ(°□°)]

Fritz looked at Keira dumbfoundedly.

Keira was silent, but after a minute had passed a smile formed on her lips.

'Just like how I thought. Before, Elly would alarm me whenever I went out of character or OCC but after arriving back into this world not once did she warn me nor did she ask me to play a certain 'role'. Seems like I was right, I could act exactly how I want and even break the 'rules' restricted to the roles I had to previously play.'

The fact that the main system was generous enough to hand out 20,000 experience points was already shady in itself. Something is clearly going on in the background, but Keira thought it was wise to not mention this to System 999 because who knows, maybe her adorable Elly plays a part in all of this charade.

System 999: [Host what are you doing?!] System 999 asked again in a panic.

Keira: [What's wrong? Although I have not outright told Aster I am not a being of this world, I have hinted at it already a couple of times, why are you surprised?]

System 999: [Daddy main system might punish you for OCC! Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [But he didn't, did he?]

System 999: [What do you mean Host? Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [I was testing the waters before, and never once did the main system scold me for saying 'I don't belong here' or when I talk to myself in my room giving out hints to the male lead that I don't belong in this world at all. Sure, maybe it was only explicable to the male lead, that is why I decided to gamble and say it outright to Fritz.]

System 999: [You mean to say Host that when you were not just randomly talking inside your room, you were doing it on purpose?! Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [My Elly is as adorable as ever. ♥]

System 999: [ (・∀・) ]

The conversation that happened between Keira and System 999 only happened for a brief moment so not more than 15 seconds had passed between Fritz and Keira.

"What do you mean you don't belong in this world?" Fritz asked Keira.

"It's exactly as I said. I was born on 'Earth', a world extremely different from this world. Lightness and Darkness power don't exist in that world nor do we have any Saintess and Kings that reign all over us. However, we are also humans just like you guys. I was suddenly brought into this world and before I knew it, people were calling me 'Saintess'. So I went along with it and thought that maybe if I did my duty as Saintess, then I could go home. And I did eventually go home after finishing the war once and for all, but after 5 years passed by, I was once again sucked into this world and when I came about, I was in a beggar's body. For the reason why I knew what the Manpasikjeok was, naturally that knowledge also came from my world, but I didn't know it existed until I felt its presence, and the only thing I knew is that—it was capable of bringing me back home."

System 999 is in awe of its Host's ability to lie yet mix some truth with it like some sort of cocktail drink, to make the lie believable.

Keira smiled and a hint of melancholy was visible in her eyes. She continued, "So I followed that presence and ended up in the Berrick Valley. When I found the flute, I didn't expect that it would react that way nor did I expect that my Light powers would be reawakened by it. When I came to, I was already back in the palace. And as you heard, Aster is refusing to hand me the Manpasikjeok and now here I am stuck in his room not even allowed to take a walk in the gardens."

"Wait, this is too much information to take in." Fritz massaged the corners of his forehead with one hand as he soaked in the cocktail that Keira brewed.

After Fritz calmed down he asked Keira, "What proof do you have that you are not from this world or you are not just lying and are really affected by the dark attribute?"

Keira coolly replied, "The fact that I am alive again after dying 5 years ago is already proof in itself. Nonetheless, I do not have significant evidence to prove that I am not a person who is affected by dark attributes and is making up an absurd story just to plead my innocence. But, do you actually think that a person who is affected by dark attributes could remain as impassive as me? I sure would have long gone insane or have traces of dark energy looming over me."

"What you said... is true. I do not detect any dark energy surrounding you. Your aura remains as pure as it had ever been. An aura could not lie after all, because it speaks for the soul." Thus a smile finally formed on Fritz's face.

'Looks like it was a success.' Keira happily thought to herself.

Fritz looked at Keira and earnestly said, "I will choose to believe you Keira." 

6