Chapter 31: I’ll Never Let You Go
492 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the place, Keira twisted the doorknob and entered. What greeted Keira, shocked her.

"Fern?!" Keira asked in disbelief.

"Keira?" Fern was also left astounded.

Fern was wearing a butler outfit while holding a set of maid's clothes in his hands.

Keira couldn't help but ask, "What are you doing here Fern?"

"I was instructed by Rob to wait for mister's Fritz signal and deliver these clothes to Aster's bedroom where Saint Keira-" Fern's eyes grew as he was struck with sudden realization.

"Y—you?! Oh my God! I rode a carriage with 'The Saintess Keira' herself and even injured her!" Fern stuttered in disbelief and astonishment.

Fern quickly kneeled and bang his head on the concrete floor, "Forgive me Your Saintess!"

Keira couldn't help furrow her brows, "Stand up, you don't need to apologize for an accident. Besides, you tried to stop the boxes from hitting me, causing your head to be injured. Therefore, I should be the one apologizing.

Keira gracefully bowed her head, "I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience I have caused both you and Rob."

Fern immediately sprang from the floor, "No! It wasn't any inconvenience at all!"

Keira smiled before her expression turned serious, "As much as I want to chat, we don't have much time. From what you told me earlier, Rob instructed you to help me change right? How did you manage to sneak into the palace?"

"Remember that we don't go out for adventures anymore, so while Rob worked in the bakery, I sometimes come in to help; I mainly work in the palace. Rob is also a good friend of Sir Fritz." Fern stated.

Keira could get the gist of it. Fritz mentioned before that he would ask a friend to help her escape the palace.

The door suddenly burst open. Fern guarded Keira but then soon sighed in relief in seeing that it was only Fritz.

"No time! We can't go the stealth option now, Aster has already sent out knights and some of the shadow guards managed to slip Guinevere."

"Miss Keira, go now!" Fern pushed Keira to Fritz before nodding and leaving for himself.

Keira was being dragged once again. Fritz and Keira run while Fritz leads. It looks like Fritz knows the way unlike Guinevere earlier.

"Where are we heading to?" Keira inquired.

"I know where Aster put the flute." Keira was surprised. It seems like all she did all day was be surprised.

"How did you manage to locate the Manpasikjeok?"

"I also have planted some eyes in the castle."

Keira and Fritz ran until they arrived at the throne room. There were knights guarding but all were easily defeated by Fritz.

They are currently facing two large rooms that would lead to the throne room. Fritz and Keira instinctively knew that there was someone waiting for them behind these two large doors.

"Just stay behind me and let me handle him, you find an opportunity to grab the flute. I am certain he must be holding it now." Fritz instructed Keira.

Keira nodded. Seeing Keira's assurance, Fritz slowly opened the huge heavy doors.

There on the throne, sat Aster coldly looking down at them. His pure and holy radiance was nowhere visible. It's like he let darkness finally succumb to him. His cold eyes were only focused on the person Fritz was trying to cover with his body.

Keira: [The boss fight has finally come.]

System 999 was amazed that its Host could still make jokes at a time like this.

Keira: [Elly, buy me a binding tool that could even bind gods from moving.]

System 999: [For what Host? Σ(°□°)]

Keira: [I just feel like we have no chance in defeating this blackened male lead.]

System 999: [Done Host!]

[Heavenly Binding Rope was brought from the system shop. 2,300 experience points were deducted from your account.]

[Current balance: 14,740]

[Heavenly Binding Rope

A rope that was created from the hair of a silk God. The Heavenly Binding Rope is thin as a strand of hair but could leave lower class Gods immobile for 12 hours]

'Wow, there are even descriptions available for this item.'

System 999: [Yes, This was a premium item after all.]

Keira: [Stop reading my mind please.]

System 999: [ (*^▽^*) ]

The Heavenly Binding Rope wrapped around Keira's finger, barely visible. Keira has no clue on how to activate or use this item, but she was confident she'll figure it out.

Aster rose from the throne, and in his right hand grasped the Manpasikjeok. He stood up and slowly descended, leisurely walking towards Fritz and Keira.

Fritz drew the sword from his waist. Aster also gracefully pulled his sword from its sheath after placing the Manpasikjeok in his inner pocket. They both throw the empty scabbards, pointing at each other with the ends of their own blades.

"Fritz, I never imagined there would come a day where our swords would meet the opposite ends outside a training arena." Aster casually said as he showed his usually amiable smile.

"Neither did I. However, it is only right for me to help a friend beat the sense out of him when he is making a foolish mistake." Fritz also calmly replied. Aster laughed and immediately right after—launched towards Fritz.

Their blades moved so fast that barely Keira could keep up. Only the sparks that flew as their blades clashed remain vibrant. Both auras were glowing. While Aster's aura was a beautiful golden color, Fritz's was a vibrant blue.

Keira could support Fritz with her light powers, but she chose not to. For this will only fuel Aster's anger. Additionally, Keira felt that he wants to be the one to properly smack Aster.

As the battle became longer, it was becoming more evident that Fritz was slowly losing to Aster. It was only a matter of time. After all, Aster holds the male lead's title for a reason.

With Aster's strong but swift attack, Fritz flew to a pillar in the throne room. Fritz coughed up blood as he staggered to stand up.

Aster coldly looked at Fritz as he said, "What's the point in all this fuss Fritz? We all know who is the victor in the end anyways. Why are you all so persistent in separating me and Keira, I thought you all were my friends?" A glint of hurt appeared in Aster's eyes.

"Ha! Why?! Are you asking why we are saving Keira from you when you are forcing her to stay when she wants to leave?!" Fritz was so angry that he threw up more blood.

Aster's eyes became extremely cold as he said, "She can't leave. I would never allow her to leave me again."

Fritz gritted his teeth and said, "You completely lost it, Aster. There is no point in talking sense with you."

Aster lifted his blade once more. It looks like he is about to end Fritz for good. Keira obviously could not allow Aster to kill Fritz. So she did what she could do and that was to not heal Fritz, igniting his anger but instead, distract Aster by... Running!

Keira literally tried to run to the entrance of the throne room and before she could take a step outside, Aster appeared behind her and caught her from her waist. He gripped hard as he asked in a low voice, "Where are you going? The Manpasikjeok is with me."

Keira let out a chuck as turned to look at Aster, "That is exactly why I ran."

Then Keira exclaimed in a loud voice, "Binding Rope Activate!"

The rope in Keira's finger unraveled and bound Aster before he could even react. He fell to the ground as he tried to wriggle out of the Heavenly Binding Rope. He couldn't even activate any of his light powers. The color in Aster's face drained as he realized how grave his situation was.

Keira stood in front of Aster as she glanced at him from above. She showed a very innocent smile. Aster felt as if he were doused with cold water. Alarm bells were ringing loudly in his mind. The color drained from his face because he felt like this would be the last time he would see Keira's smile.

Keira crouched down and fumbled around Aster's clothes trying to find the Manpasikjeok. Aster tried to struggle but the binds won't even budge, causing Aster to be greatly flustered.

As Keira tried to feel the Manpasikjeok in Aster's inner garments, she felt like a nosebleed was threatening to flow from her nose.

Keira: [Hehe, Aster truly has 'good' definitions.]

System 999: [Please just focus on your task Host (・∀・)]

After feeling around for a while, Keira finally found the Manpasikjeok. The last drop of blood from Aster's face finally fell. He struggled even more openly as Keira retrieved the Manpasikjeok.

After successfully obtaining the Manpasikjeok, Keira felt like it took too much time to obtain one item. She had spent a lot of time in this world already. The longer she stayed, the longer 'he' was waiting for her. She needs to travel to each world quickly and return home.

Keira stood up and walked towards where Fritz was situated.

Seeing Keira move further away from him, Aster exclaimed, "Keira stop! Don't go!"

"Return the flute to me Keira, and I'll pretend that this never happened!"

Keira turned a deaf ear to Aster's cries like what he did to her when she was being confined in his room. Fritz was injured and was leaning on the beam for support. She approached Fritz and crouched to be at eye level with him.

"Heh, you have that rope from the very beginning, why only use it now?" Fritz raised an eyebrow at Keira.

Keira chuckled while healing Fritz's serious wounds, "I didn't know if it was going to be effective, especially when Aster never lowers his guard. So I had to wait before he exhausted most of his light powers from your fight. It was thanks to your help that I was able to bind him"

"You should be thankful." Fritz jokingly said.

Keira looked directly at Fritz and showed a genuine smile. She then sincerely said,

"Fritz... Thank you for everything. Please take care of Guinevere for me, okay? I will never forget the both of you."

Fritz nodded and smiled back but it was very obvious how much he was trying not to cry because he wanted Keira to leave without feeling burdened.

Keira's heart softened. She thought that she never noticed before, that she met many incredible people as she traveled multiple worlds. She promised in her heart that she would never forget them again.

Keira stood up and peered at the flute in her hands. She closed her eyes as she once again imbued her powers in the flute. The flute reacted to Keira's aura and glowed.

The throne room was illuminated by the soft glow of Keira's aura. The wounds on Fritz and Aster's bodies slowly recover as they bask in her gentle glow.

The flute sounded a soft melody as if comforting the saddened heart of those surrounding it.

...

In the distance. Guinevere was lying on the ground after being completely drained from fighting all those shadow guards. As she looked at the clear night sky, she heard a soft melody coming from the throne room. A small smile formed on her lips as she listened to the music, relaxing her body.

'Take care, Keira.'

...

While in the throne room. Even if Aster recovered from his wounds, no matter how much he tries to struggle he could not remove the thin rope. Being powerless, he could only shout Keira's name again and again.

"Keira!"

"Keira, please don't leave me!" Aster shouted in Keira's direction.

He could barely see her as the Manpasikjeok's was almost covering her whole. Like hiding Keira from him. He was scared. He was extremely scared.

"I'm begging you Keira, don't go!"

Aster continues to struggle even if it's all to no avail. The rope is beginning to dig into his skin as he maniacally tries to struggle free. He did not even feel the pain of the rope piercing his skin. His heart was in a panic to even mind anything other than the bright scene in front of him.

Keira slowly opened her eyes and looked at Aster. Her heart ached for him. She closed them again, hardening her heart before stating, "Return me to my own world."

The throne room shone so brightly that it was binding but Aster kept his eyes wide as he never stopped calling out Keira's name.

After the light disappeared, it brought Keira with it.

Aster couldn't believe that Keira had once again disappeared in front of him. She glowed just the same when she disappeared last time.

Aster's eyes glowed red as he shouted to the empty space where Keira disappeared.

"I would follow you Keira even if it's to another world! If I catch you again, I will never let you go!"

...

Keira opened her eyes. She was greeted by a white ceiling. She was lying in bed in a simple apartment. Keira wanted to stand up and observe her surroundings but was greeted with nausea. She supported her head with her hand and when she did, she noticed that blood was dripping from her wrist. 

 

We are finally done with the first arc! I'll be posting the extra chapter of this world on Friday. The next world would be in the—modern setting! Look forward to the next update!

Happy reading everyone! <33

5