Chapter 33: Dog Blood (2)
350 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a little devious planning and a little help from the system. Ezekiel manages to find out about Stella’s affair and how she decided to go to C City just to meet her lover. To add salt to the wound, Ezekiel had to bear the guilt for 5 years of lying to Stella and spending sleepless nights thinking about how to get her back, only to know the lover he thought was also suffering from the same heartache as he, was rolling happily in the sheets with her lover in C City?!

This made Ezekiel extremely furious and immediately confronted Stella. Stella was extremely shocked that Ezekiel managed to find out, she thought that she hid it well. She planned on denying it back with evidence laid in front of her, she could only hope that she could sway Ezekiel with her tears. 

Even though it hurts to see Stella cry, his heart was hurting more from the betrayal he received. He ultimately decided to cast Stella away. With Stella now gone, it was time for Keira to execute her plan. 

The vulnerable male lead will need someone to comfort him after all and this was precisely Keira’s plan. She had already made an impression on Ezekiel so when Keira tried to approach Ezekiel, she was not pushed away, instead, he subconsciously welcomed her presence. 

Spending time comforting the male lead, rolling around the sheets, and inwardly showing that the similarity between Stella and her was only their appearance. Ezekiel gradually fell in love with Keira. 

Nearing the mission’s completion, Keira spent time with Ezekiel as usual. Ezekiel planned on proposing to Keira and Keira already knew through the help of System 999. But what she didn’t expect was for Stella to actually fall in love with Ezekiel again after her feelings faded away after spending time with her boyfriend in C City. The eager pursuits of Ezekiel rekindled the fire in Stella’s heart, and the time they spent together before he knew the truth was enough for the easily-smitten heart of Stella to beat for Ezekiel again.

Hearing that Ezekiel was now in a relationship with Keira, only then did Stella realize that she actually fell in love with Ezekiel. So how could she allow anyone to steal her man when it was hers to begin with?

She decided to destroy the relationship between Keira and Ezekiel, but after looking at Keira’s background, it was too clean to destroy her reputation and she had no relatives to blackmail. With Ezekiel on her side 24/7, how could Stella find the opportunity to ‘befriend’ her? 

Getting desperate, she called the rich man he left in C City to help her teach Keira a lesson in exchange that she would announce to her parents her relationship with him. After looking at Keira’s simple background, the rich man agreed immediately for he didn’t know that this ‘simple’ woman was now dating the most powerful man in A City. 

Unlike Ezekiel who just recently entered high society, the rich man already had small connections to A City. Teaching an unknown woman a lesson was nothing. With Stella’s help, the rich man knew exactly when to strike Keira. 

Stella used her other connections to distract Ezekiel while the rich man’s subordinates target Keira. Stella knew that Keira was in a vacation house in the mountains with Ezekiel. Ezekiel was called back to his office due to pressing matters that suddenly appeared. Keira was left in the vacation house alone with some servants and a few bodyguards. 

Keira knew that Ezekiel was going to propose today but then something suddenly came up in Ezekiel's work which made Keira a little saddened but Ezekiel promised her that he would return very quickly, so she trusted him. 

Keira knew that Ezekiel’s affection points would reach 100% as soon as she would say yes to the proposal The mission's completion was not the thing she looked forward to Ezekiel’s proposal, but the married life with Ezekiel. 

Keira always envisions her life with ‘him’ if she didn’t die and they were to get married. So just like what Ezekiel did to Keira, Keira was using Ezekiel as a substitute for his beloved in her world. 

When Keira finishes the mission, she was not required to leave immediately so she planned on getting married to Ezekiel. She didn’t mind it, as Ezekiel looked and acted exactly like her beloved that she could almost say that they were the same person. She wanted to experience life with him; building a family together, having kids, and growing old together. But from System’s 999 occasional prompts reminded her that this was not her reality 

She was not even sure if the main system would really bring her back to life so at least at this moment, she could pretend to live a life with her beloved. Keira knew this was cruel, but can someone really blame her?

Keira waited inside the vacation house when she suddenly heard a commotion outside. The front door opened with a bang and a bunch of guys who had masks on filled the house and dragged her to a van. Keira struggled and planned on using her system points to escape this predicament but she was drugged before she could instruct Elly anything. 

When Keira woke up, she was tied to a chair in a middle of a fancy room. She met Stella who was spouting nonsense about how she was stealing Ezekiel from her. Keira of course didn’t pay any attention to the person in front of her. Her nonchalant actions only angered Stella. 

She then instructed her subordinates to mess up Keira’s face so that Ezekiel would not recognize her anymore. Keira planned on escaping using System 999, but the door of the place had already opened revealing Ezekiel’s dark face. 

Stella and her subordinates were quickly subdued by Ezekiel’s men. Ezekiel untied Keira from the chair and hugged her. Stella was overwhelmed with jealousy in her heart that even her vision started to disorient. She was being watched by Ezekiel’s men. However, they didn’t anticipate that Stella would grab a gun from one of Ezekiel’s men and shoot in Ezekiel’s and Keira’s direction.

Keira heard System 999’s alarm and shielded Ezekiel from the bullet. She couldn’t let the male lead die or else she would fail the mission and receive punishment from the main system. It was too much of a loss. She could still complete the mission this way, as it would reach Ezekiel’s affection points to 100%. 

Even though she wanted to experience life together with Ezekiel, what she couldn’t bear is to see the man who looks like her beloved die in front of her. Besides, her real man is waiting for her back home so she couldn’t continue deceiving herself anymore. With this, Keira died in the arms of the male lead once again. 

Keira felt a headache after recalling so much information about this world. She had forgotten how much dog blood was present in this world. The memories reminded her of how much she hated Stella. 

‘Good thing that bitch is gone. Ezekiel should have killed her off by now.’ Keira thought to herself. 

After finishing refreshing the events of this world, Keira heard a ping in her head. 

[System 999 is online.] 

9