Chapter 36: This Cheater! (1)
303 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira was flabbergasted by the actions she had just done. She could feel the atmosphere around her getting colder but decided to just finish what she had unintentionally started. 

Keira exclaimed, “The balls you have to display such scene—!”

Keira retracted her hand and glared at the male lead and turned her head to the woman beside her before returning her gaze to the male lead and scoffing, while silently cringing inside. 

“In the end, you went back to her huh?”

Keira then turned her heels and walked off leaving behind the chaos she amassed. Although she looked angered as she stormed off with such speed like a passing turbulent wind, she was in fact so embarrassed that she wanted to quickly get out of the scene. 

All that was passing through Keira’s head was, ‘Wtf have I done?!’

The lobby was completely silent despite it being noisily busy just a moment ago. No one dared to react as the temperature that the big boss was exuding was extremely cold. People began to question in their minds the scene they had just witnessed and the identity of that woman. 

Ezekiel still had his gaze on the company entrance where Keira had just left. The people around him thought that he was quiet because he was furious but his eyes were shaking in disbelief. His thoughts were disordered as he recall the look that Keira gave him earlier and how her back greatly resemble the woman he loved that died in his arms after taking the bullet for him. 

The air was getting awkward and the woman beside Ezekiel was the first one to break out of the trance everyone was in and spoke to Ezekiel with her usual coquettish voice. 

“Are you okay Ezekiel?” The woman held Ezekiel’s face with her small hands and peer at his now swollen left cheek. 

Ezekiel flinched from the woman’s touch and slapped her hands away. His anger was evident on his face. Ezekiel looked down at the woman and said in disgust. 

“Don’t touch me.”

The woman was shocked by Ezekiel’s sudden change of attitude but she composed herself and displayed a bright smile. 

“We shouldn’t stand in place and block everyone’s way. Our reservation for lunch is already here, let’s go.” 

Ezekiel paid her no mind and was getting annoyed by hearing her voice. The voice after all does not belong to Keira… but a delusion that he kept for 2 years. He once again look in the direction of the door and a dangerous glint appeared in his eyes. 

“Aaaaaah!” 

“Elly! What have I done!” Keira shouted in the empty apartment. 

In the end, Keira went back to the original’s owner place. She could not face her coworkers after the ordeal and pretend that nothing happened. She didn’t even understand what had gotten into her!

System 999: [Host, why did you randomly slap the male lead across the face?]

“Huhuhu… I also don’t know! It’s just that, when I saw the male lead who looked like my lover so close with that green tea bitch1 'Green Tea Bitch' is used to describe ambitious women who "pretend to be very innocent". who got me killed last time just made my blood boil! And before I knew it, my hand already met his cheeks.” 

System 999: [Green tea bitch?]

Keira lifted her head up that was buried in the pillow and asked her system, “What, you don’t remember? It was that fucking Stella who went crazy the last time that shot me directly in the chest, killing me instantly!” 

System 999: [ I didn’t notice Σ(°□°).]

System 999: [ I was too busy being shocked by the action you made Host.]

“What should I do now Elly? I don’t even have the face to enter the company and beat the crap out of that bastard manager.” 

System 999: [You even managed to get the attention of the male lead.]

Keira: [Elly… you have changed T_T]

System 999: [I am merely stating the facts Host.] 

Keira: [Huhuhu… Even your replies are getting colder. Bring me back the old adorable Elly!] 

System 999: [ (・∀・) ]

Keira sat in a criss-cross position on the bed closing her eyes and thinking. 

“Hmm… It’s odd how Stella and Ezekiel are together. Even their arms were linked together.”

‘Did Ezekiel get back together with Stella after she had died? Was her impact really not that great that Ezekiel’s old love for Stella sprouted once again? But the affection points won’t lie. It was 100% before she left the world, or maybe affection points could actually decrease over time?’ 

“It seems like we won’t need to worry about the male lead in this world too much Elly.” Keira opened her eyes as she said those words, dictating that she was finished thinking.

System 999: [What do you mean by that Host?]

“There is a possibility that Ezekiel would be different from Aster. Seeing that he got back together with Stella, perhaps he might already have forgotten me. I was merely a replacement for Stella, his first love in the first place.” 

System 999 could not reply because it was scared of how its Host would react knowing that each male lead of the world she left had a full blackened bar. 

‘Maybe it would be better if don’t tell the Host since it would only become panic stricken.’ 

It nodded its imaginary head thinking that it had made a very wise decision for its Host's mental health. 

Noticing that her Elly didn’t give a reply after some time had passed, it prob the system in her head. 

System 999: [Oh! I was just thinking how you might be right Host!] 

Keira: [Hehehe… Thought so!] 

System 999: [ (*^▽^*) ] Just smile it out and let its Host get into her head.

While Keira was busy talking to her system in her head, her phone rang distracting her from her thoughts. Keira grabbed the phone and looked at the caller. The screen displays the name ‘Boss’ and Keira’s eyes widen. 

Keira: [Oh my god Elly! I forgot the point about why we went out in the first place!]

The phone kept vibrating for a while until it stopped after a few attempts.

The screen displays 7 missed calls from Rick and several left unread messages. Seeing that her phone finally quieted down, she unlocks her phone and open the unread messages. 

The first text was inquiring about her current whereabouts. The following text then asks her why she wasn’t picking up her phone. Then the texts turned into calling off Keira that she didn’t have any plans in entering the office in the first place. And the last several messages shift to directly threatening her that he will post the pictures if she weren’t to come into the office in the next 10 minutes.

Just merely looking at the messages gave Keira a headache. Although she was certain that Rick wouldn’t just leak those photos online on a whim, the small chance that he would bothered her. Nonetheless, meeting the male lead again outside scares her more.

4