Chapter 41: Sweet Dreams, My Dearest Keira (2)
325 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She covered her exposed neck with her other hand. Her face was bright red but was extremely adorable to look at.

“You—! What are you talking about?!” Her voice was still quivering, making her not appear threatening at all.

She still pretended to be oblivious because she didn’t know if this was a ploy that the male lead was playing to trap her. But Ezekiel’s eyes showed confidence in his words that Keira could not help but be stirred.

“Did you know that you were asleep for 3 whole days?” Ezekiel’s eyes softened as he looked at Keira.

Keira frowned at the random change of topic. She could not help but get annoyed after being ‘toyed’ at earlier.

“Why are you randomly bringing that up now?”

Ezekiel gently smiled, “During those 3 days, I was dreaming…”

Keira’s eyebrow furrowed deeper, he could not understand where the male lead was getting at but she didn’t stop him from talking.

“I dreamt that I was a prince of a large kingdom. I was named ‘Aster’ there and had light powers.”

Those words caused Keira to falter. She tried to hide her expression but Ezekiel already saw the change.

He continued, “There was a war with the demons, and I was in charge of the army and fought on the front lines. There I met a wonderful woman named, Keira.”

Ezekiel looked directly into Keira’s eyes. Keira tried to calm herself and didn’t look away.

“Keira was the Saintess of light. She sacrificed her life to eradicate the darkness that eroded the land and the people, and that was also the first time I lost her. Then I woke up…”

Ezekiel revealed a sad smile but still continued, “When I dreamed on the second day, 5 years had already passed. This time, she came back. She was in a completely different body. I was first skeptical about her. I wasn’t sure if I deluding myself or not, but she was too obvious. Even if she tries to hide it, I would surely identify her at one glance. I brought her back to the palace not long after. I thought she would be ecstatic about our reunion but all she wanted to do was leave my side. I tried to do everything in my power to stop her from leaving.”

“The third day I dreamt, I was back to that world, but she was nowhere to be found. She had already left… I was devastated, angry, sad, and pained. All those emotions drove me to insanity and finally… I destroyed the world.”

Ezekiel's eyes showed deep emotions that could not be discerned, but those emotions present in his eyes… all terrified Keira.

He continued talking, “Everything was gone, all that was left in the world was me. Everything was blank like all have been a dream, but the present emotions that existed during that time told me that it was not. When the world was destroyed, I saw the trace she had left. A trail… that led to another world.”

Keira tried to shake all nervousness away and firmly asked, “But what does this have to do with me? Even if this may all be real, how are you to say that ‘I’ am that Keira?”

“When we were walking in the palace gardens, Keira told me something.”

Ezekiel revealed a smile. Keira couldn’t help but swallow saliva down.

“She told me that she didn’t belong in that world.”

Keira tried to counter by saying, “Still, that doesn’t confirm anything.”

Ezekiel lightly laughs but his eyes were nowhere laughing, “Of course it doesn’t.”

Ezekiel approached Keira. He grabbed ahold of Keira’s chin and tilted her head to let him have good look at her face.

He delicately rubbed his thumb that was resting on her chin. “But does that matter?”

Keira’s eyes grew wide in disbelief, “What?”

He laughs at the adorable expression that her face was making, “I don’t need to prove anything to you because I already know.”

He moved his face closer, their nose almost touching. He intently peered at her marble eyes,

“I told you before didn’t I? Even if it’s in another world. If I catch you again—“

He softly whispered to her right ear where he bit earlier.

“I will never let you go…”

Ezekiel left the room after telling Keira to rest well. Keira was lying on the hospital bed with her thoughts. So many things had happened in a small amount of time. She wanted to think about it but her headache reemerged.

Her face still feels hot. She didn’t know if it was due to what happened earlier or if the fever kicking in again. She could still feel the soft touches of Ezekiel’s kisses. Keira touched the part of her neck where the sensation is still completely present. Without even looking, she could tell that a hickey must have formed.

She didn’t understand what also got into her earlier. Keira buried her face in her hands and she groaned in vexation. Then her Elly sounded in her head.

System 999: [Are you okay Host? Do you want me to remove the fever inducer effect?]

Keira: [Oh, Elly…]

Keira sighed again and covered her eyes using her arm.

Keira: [No… I just want to rest for a moment. Ezekiel wouldn’t dare to do anything outrageous while I’m still sick. I need to make use of the time while I'm still in the hospital to gather my thoughts properly.]

“But for now… I’m going to sleep…” Keira mumbled before finally falling asleep.

When Keira fell asleep, Ezekiel entered the room again. He properly tucked Keira in. He sat on Keira’s bed and warmly gazed at her sleeping face.

He quietly mumbled to himself, “You know… There was another dream that I didn’t mention. I thought it was only a fantasy dream of mine where we were actually engaged and walking hand in hand in the snow covered street, but you were calling me a different name. I didn’t think much of it at first, but when I heard you the other night, calling out for ‘Leal’. There I realized I just need to have you.”

Ezekiel bent down and gently landed a soft kiss on Keira’s forehead like what he had previously done in the car when he brought Keira to the hospital.

“Sweet dreams, my dearest Keira…” 

 

Hoho... Sweet dreams indeed Keira. 

Thank you so much for your support!

6