Ch 9 – For every Life
64 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nyeh, I can’t stand this! We’re doing all of this again?!” cried Himiko with disdain.  

“Hahaha, hey on the bright side, the rules are different this time. I mean, that’s at least something to be happy about, right?” said Kokichi with a mischievous smile. 

“Shut up!” hissed Maki. 

“Hmm, then again, killing one another with brute force is so barbaric and boring. I honestly liked solving mysteries better.” said Kokichi, looking at his nails like a spoiled queen.  

“Kehehehe, it seems our dear friends are facing quite the challenge.” said Korekiyo. 

“Quiet you degenerate! We don’t want your opinions.” hissed Tenko. 

“You may not want it, but you may need it. Release me and I will help you fend off the other students.” said Korekiyo. 

“Why the hell would we need your pansy ass?” grunted Miu. 

“I am quite knowledgeable in history and the ways of war. Knowledge is the deciding factor in winning almost every war. And certainly you need all the help you can get. I do not know much information about them, but the opposing side has a giant robot man, who seems much more capable than our averagely functioning robot Keebo.”

“Hey, that’s rude and uncalled for!” yelled Keebo.         

“And I also saw a ferocious looking man with scars and a gigantic body. Strangely enough, they were wearing a sailor uniform.” said Korekiyo. 

The crew became quiet.

“So, are we taking his offer?” asked Rantaro.

“We have to.” said Shuichi. 

“What? Are you serious?” cried Tenko.

“Come on man, Don’t say we have to. Are you feeling guilty over tying him up or something” asked Kaito.   

“That’s not it. I genuinely do think this war is going to be difficult. And we need as much help as we can get. I-I don’t want to lose you all again.” grunted Shuichi. 

“Shuichi.” gasped Kaede. 

“And besides, I don’t think Korekiyo is stupid enough to try something when our guard is up. Not to mention he will be in danger as well if the other students burst into the school. We have the same goals. We need him to survive the war.” said Shuichi. 

“Shuichi really would side with a murderer to win a war? You’ve truly become a lot coooolder.” mumbled Angie.

“It’s not about winning! No one is going to win from this. Not even Monokuma. He is just a slave of his own lust and madness for entertainment. He has hope to find pleasure in despair. But all he’ll ever find is disappointment.” said Shuichi grimly. 

“Damn, haha, that’s some line you got there Shuichi. Were you that good with words before?” asked Kaito with a grin.  

“And I don’t want you to lose your lives to some idiot like Monokuma. A cowardly kid who can’t do anything but run away from his own boredom. Even if you’re not…no. Even if I’m not real. Even if everything is fiction. I still want everyone to be happy… you guys…even Monokuma.”

“What? Monokuma?” yelled Kaede.

“What are you saying? He is our enemy!” yelled Maki. 

“Yeah. He is. But we didn’t stop Monokuma with brute force last time. We tried that just now and failed. This battle will end only when Monokuma and the people who are addicted to death games want it to end. And I want him and whoever is behind this to be free from their desire to create fictional death games too.” said Shuichi. 

“Wishing wellness for your enemies as well as friends. How beautiful. If you were a girl, Shuichi, you would have been a wonderful friend to sister.” Korekiyo said, then giggled.

“Ahh, well, I’m glad I’m a boy I guess” said Shuichi.    

“Hey, what do you mean by you’re not real?” asked Rantaro. 

“Oh…that.” mumbled Shuichi depressingly.

“You look more dependable than I originally thought you were. But it seems like you’re also not telling us everything.” said Rantaro.

Shuichi looked at the ground, his eyes blank.

“It’s because of that thing Himiko was talking about, right?” asked Tenko.

“You told them?” asked Shuichi. 

“I-I, it just came to my mind and I told Tenko, Angie, Miu and Korekiyo. I didn’t think something so important should be kept a secret.” said Himiko with timidness. 

“No, you’re right. Only those who learned the truth are the ones who can choose their destiny.” declared Shuichi. 

Kaede and Kaito smiled at the statement.  

“Of course, some of you may not handle the truth very well. But that’s your own fault if it comes to that” said Shuichi.

“Alright, I understand your warning. So, could you tell us now? I’ve definitely seen my fair share of messed up stuff, kid. You're heavily underestimating me” said Ryoma.

Shuichi rubbed his hair with his hand and began talking. 

***********

3