Ch10 – Friends
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ohhhh my god. Monokuma’s at it again! And now it’s an all out war between different killing game students? What are we going to do?!” yelled Yasuhiro. 

“I-I don’t want to die again.” mumbled Sayaka. 

“Shit, there is no way in hell I’m gonna die here…again. I’m gonna take this chance and wing it.” yelled Mondo. 

“Guys calm down!” yelled Makoto. 

“Calm down, dude? Are you serious? The dead came back to life, Monokuma isn’t dead. And we’re all gonna go through this crazy killing all over again” yelled Yasuhiro with pain.

Aoi angrily walked towards him and slapped him.

“Ouch, what you do that for Hina?” Yasuhiro angsted.   

“We can’t repeat the past! You’re acting as useless and paranoid as always. I don’t want Sakura or anyone to die again, you understand?” Aoi said angrily. 

“Yeah, I won’t lose bro again! We have to find a way to get out of here alive.” said Kiyotaka. 

“You said it bro!” added Mondo. 

“If you want to escape from this school alive, the first thing we should do is grab any weapons we could find to protect ourselves. No, if we want this to end smoothly we might want to take a more offensive approach.” claimed Byakuya. 

Makoto gritted his teeth and yelled “Seriously, Byakuya you want to participate in the killing game? You have got to be out of your-” 

“Don’t mock me Makoto. I admit, for an averagely mundane commoner, you are quick witted and…lucky. But you’re also naive. It seems the events of the death game were not enough to wake you up.”

“Shut up.” grunted Makoto.  

“Oh, a surprisingly bold tone, coming from you no less.” said Byakuya condescendingly 

“I’ve lost most of the people here. And I know how people can be cruel to one another. But still, that doesn’t mean you should give up on hope. Hope that people will change, hope that someday we will all get along together. I don’t know much about the people on the other side. But I still believe in the hope that they are good people at heart, just like how everyone here was a good person.” said Makoto boldly.

“Good person at heart? Please, three murders have occured during the killing game. Even if Sakura commited suicide she was attacked by Toko and Yasuhiro. If it weren’t for her strong figure, she would have been dead. Even the Kyoko who you trust so much has attempted to crush you to move forward. Do you call these actions goodness?”

Makoto looked puzzled, he tightened his palm into fists and stared angrily at him and said “They’re not bad people.”

 Byakuya could only giggle at his words. 

“Perhaps calling you naive must have been a wrong usage of the word. You have become desensitized. You are accustomed to people betraying one another, killing one another and eating one another like dogs. But you’ve also learned to manipulate others well. Hehehe, perhaps you and I aren’t so different after all.” 

“What are you talking about?” grumbled Makoto. 

But Byakuya turned his attention towards the crowd.

“Don’t fall for Makoto’s trick. He is acting gullible so he can win your hearts. Half of you have killed or attempted to kill another person to escape. Surely you are feeling some guilt. Makoto is enacting the role of a saint who forgives not only the murderous but is friendly to strangers as well. He wants to turn you into his little hope soldiers.” 

“No, that’s wrong!” yelled Makoto but Byakuya continued on. 

“But he is clearly biting more than he could chew. He wants to be this great Ultimate Hope, who will defeat Monokuma and save all three killing game participants without a single casualty. He wants to manipulate everyone into being his follower. That’s why he is always so nice to everyone, so meticulous with his choice of words to avoid making enemies. His ambitions know no bounds. I personally am not so desirous. Makoto is drunk in his heroism just as Genocide Jill is in her lust for murder.” said Byakuya, his words clear and sound.

“That’s not true and you know it, Byakuya” interjected Kyoko. 

“Hmph, you have been brainwashed by Makoto’s idealistic ramblings. And you feel an overwhelming guilt when you tried to kill him, and feel indebted to him. He has simply exploited your weakness” said Byakuya.

“You’re nothing but a lying scum, Byakuya.” declared Kyoko but Byakuya ignored her.

“I am different from the likes of Makoto. I promise you your safety. And unlike Makoto I don’t play for both teams. I’m willing to crush some unknown strangers to defend the friends I made in Hope’s peak Academy’s killing game.” said Byakuya proudly.  

“Friends?” gasped Aoi.  

“Wh-what? Did Byakuya just call us his friends?” gasped Yasuhiro.

“Why? Is it that strange to believe? We’ve been through a lot together. Even I did not share this much of an intense experience with the members of the Togami corporation. And just from the murder plans you enacted and how you solved mysteries, I know your competence. Of course, you people need improvements but under the wing of a great leader such as myself, I doubt it will be a challenge.” lectured Byakuya.

2