Ch 27 – Fallen Hope
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I hope they trust what is written on it, open it and listen to it. Because I believe we can change the world if we were all open towards one another like this.” said Shuichi.

“You think that’s enough? Just talking?” asked Kirumi.

“Perhaps not just talking. My every being is necessary for it. As long as I live, as long as I exist, I will trust myself, trust my friends. I will do what is right, I will fight for love and truth. My persistence is what will change the world. And I’ll use words, gestures, emotions, whatever it takes to reach their hearts.” said Shuichi confidently.

Kirumi looked at him. Strangely enough, she smirked and said “Good luck”.

Suddenly a picture popped up on top of the portal. It showed a picture of Sayaka and Ryoma. There was an arrow pointing from Sayaka to Ryoma. Under the pictures was a text written:

Sayaka Maizonono(killer) -> Ryoma Hoshi (victim)

“N-no” gasped Shuichi.

“How did they get here?” grumbled Kirumi to herself while covering her mouth with her hand.   

“R-Ryoma. Maki and I met him inside the school.” said Kaito.

“Gonta, Maki, follow-” yelled Shuichi but Maki went past him and ran at the speed of a hurricane.

Shuichi and the others followed her and entered the school. On their way, Shuichi met Angie and Korekiyo and told them to follow them.      

Meanwhile in front of the school Miu and Kirumi were left alone. 

“Hmph, he was talking so big before the bodies started dropping.” said Kirumi elegantly.              

“Yeah, Poochie is seriously an embarrassment. He let pianohead and a bunch of others die yet talks big shit, especially for a virgin” grunted Miu.

Miu dolted around the courtyard, clearly proud of her insults.  

“No matter. Miu, you wanna place the traps? We definitely should. If someone jumps out of the portal and attacks us right now, we will die.” said Kirumi.

“Ahh, almost forgot about that. Yeah.” said Miu. 

“Look, new info.” said Kirumi.

Miu looked above the portal to see that Maki had killed Mukuro.

“Wow, she is seriously scary.” gasped Miu.  

While they started placing the traps Angie opened the school entrance, with her was Rantaro, bloodied. Together they entered the dormitory. Right afterwards someone barged out of the dining hall. It was Kaede. Her expression became grim when seeing them and she approached them. 

“Hey, you two, what the hell are you doing?” asked Kaede.  

“Saving your 1 dollar whore ass, what do you think?” yelled Miu.

“W-what happened?” gasped Kaede as she looked at the screen above the portal, seeing Ryoma dead and Maki killed someone.

“There seems to be another portal we may have missed, Shuichi and the others went into the school to find the intruders.” said Kirumi.  

“And you’re going against Shuichi’s words while he is busy trying to save us? If you’re that afraid of being attacked we can just wait at the dining hall and observe the actions of whoever comes out through here.” said Kaede aggressively.    

“No, they would have access to the various labs at the courtyard. From what I have seen, Miu's, Keebo’s labs still have very useful items.” said Kirumi.

“It’s not like they can return without using the portal. You just want Monokuma’s reward and you’re willing to kill to do it!” said Kaede.

She grabbed one of the crossbow traps from the ground and took off the metallic object from the trigger that was positioned to press on the trigger when the laser picked up on a movement. When Kaede turned around she was stunned to see Kirumi, pointing the crossbow towards her.  

“You may have sacrificed yourself for the good of these students. But you are stupidly optimistic if you think you can solve this issue without at least self defense.” said Kirumi.

“Death traps aren’t self defense.” said Kaede with a frown.

Both of them exchanged serious, stern looks towards one another.  

*****

Fuyuhiko, Peko, Kazuichi, Sonia, Gundham looked at the box that flew out of the portal and onto the ground.

“So, umm, is anyone gonna pick that up or?” asked Kazuichi.

“D-do it yourself, you lamo.” yelled Fuyuhiko.

“W-why would I do anything to e-endanger myself like that?” said Kazuichi.

“Kazuichi, please, do it for all of us. We’re counting on you.” said Sonia with a blissful smile. 

“Yes mam.” said Kazuichi with a salute.

Kazuichi ran towards the portal, grabbed the box and quickly came back to them. He showed what was written on the box to Fuyuhiko and the others.          

“Inside this box is a cassette voice recorder. Please listen to it. We need to work together to fight Monokuma.” recited Fuyuhiko the writing that was written on top of the box.

“Wow, they seem so considerate.” said Sonia. 

“Hmph, let us unveil this mystical item to gain its resounding power!” said Gundham with a roar as he snatched the box from Kazuichi.   

“Fine, d-do it yourself. I’m just gonna take miss Sonia and-” said Kazuichi as he put his hand on Sonia’s wrist.

“Hands…off.” hissed Sonia. 

Sonia quickly threw her claws at Kazuichi’s forearm in which he jerked and jumped away.   

“Ouch, you scratched me!” yelled Kazuichi.  

“Keep your filthy hand off of my Dark Queen, Soda” said Gundham violently.  

“F-fine. You’ll be regretting it when there is bomb inside that” yelled Kazuichi. 

“Look at the portal, there is something on it.” said Peko.

They turned around to see a screen had appeared on top of the portal that declared Sayaka to have killed Ryoma.

“What the hell?” gasped Kazuichi.

“Shit, they are under attack.” said Fuyuhiko.         

“Should we go help them?” asked Sonia.

“The paranoid will further fall to madness upon seeing our faces. It is useless.” said Gundham coldly.     

Gundham opened the box from one side, he pulled out a long cloth, inside it truly was a cassette voice recorder.

“Sit down and indulge in the words tuning from this mysteric artifact.” yelled Gundham.

“Dude, shut up and just play it.” said Kazuichi.  

Gundham pressed play.

“Hello there. My name is Shuichi Saihara. I’m one of the survivors of the killing game that happened in the academy for gifted juveniles. One of the three survivors. But everyone has revived so everyone is a survivor? No, I have doubts about that. It’s likely that us, you guys and the people who revived from the dead are the result of the flashback-” 

“Shuichi, why are you starting with the biggest bombs? Try to ease in the listeners will ya.” said Himiko. 

“Wait, pause it, what the hell is that?” asked Fuyuhiko.

Fuyuhiko pointed above the portal with his finger. And indeed a screen had popped up, showing Maki had killed Mukuro.

“Holy shit, a bloodbath must be going on in there.” yelled Kazuichi.

“We cannot help them without endangering ourselves. Let us continue listening to the words of the survivors.” said Gundham.

He pressed the play button again.      

1