Ch 28 – Bomber man
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ahh, yeah. I was rambling, I’m sorry. I should have introduced everyone here first. Himiko was the one who talked just now. She is one of the survivors of the sixth class trial, therefore the killing game.” said Shuichi happily.

“Hello there.” said Himiko.

“And Keebo is also here. He is one of the people who almost survived the sixth class trial.” said Shuichi.

“I blew myself up.” said Keebo.

“Yeah, it’s a long story. Anyways. I know you guys are afraid of getting attacked by us. And while there are some troublemaking students in our group, overall, we’re really great people, the people I got to know here are really amazing. With a girl named Kaede, I even tried to capture the mastermind at the start of the killing game. It didn’t work out well and eventually Kaede ended up dying. But she is in this school, revived or cloned.” said Shuichi.

“You really had to mention that?” asked Himiko.

“We have to. They have to know this. People reviving from the dead is not a normal thing. Especially since their bodies are supposed to be destroyed. But I have a few theories explaining some of these occurrences.  During the sixth trial, it was revealed that our friend Tsumugi was lying to us and was actually the mastermind. But more than that, we found out that the flashback lights are not for recovering forgotten memories but for implanting new memories. Previously, throughout the killing game, Monokuma had given us devices called flashback lights. These devices, when lighted upon you, will make you remember events that you have forgotten, or so we were told. In truth, these were just devices that implanted completely new memories to us. ” said Shuichi.

“In hindsight, we definitely should have talked about the memories we recovered more back then. Who knows, maybe we could have found holes in the memories we recovered.” said Keebo.    

“Yeah, but I don’t think those flashback lights were entirely a waste either. Through it, we learned a lot about Hope’s peak academy, the killing game that happened there, Jabberwock island’s killing game, Future Foundation.” said Shuichi.

“Nyeh, but those were fake. The future foundation, the Togami corporation, doesn't exist. It’s all fictional.” said Himiko. 

“huh?” gasped Kazuichi. 

“What?” grumbled Fuyuhiko.

“Haha, and you were warning me about throwing bombs. But what Himiko said is true. Everything is fiction. It turned out that my personality, memories were all- oh, great, Kaito arrived.” said Shuichi.

“Stop him!” yelled Fuyuhiko as soon as he spotted Nagito running towards the portal from the other side.  

Nagito was wearing a gas mask and he threw a metal ball towards them. As soon as the ball hit the ground, it exploded and unleashed a huge wave of grey gas towards all directions in an instant.

“Shit!” yelled Fuyuhiko.

They retreated away from the gas that approached them but Peko entered the gas but quickly ran back, coughing.  

During the commotion Nagito ran and jumped over the snare into the portal.

He expected an unwelcome greeting or even a trap setup by them. And indeed he was right.

Kaede, Kirumi, Miu were utterly surprised by the sudden intruder. Kirumi aimed the crossbow towards Nagito. Nagito quickly pulled off the mask, smiled and spoke.

“H-hey, I don’t mean any harm. I’m all by myself, I’m just here to talk. My name is Nagito Komaeda.” said Nagito with a smile. 

“Then what is that in your hand?” asked Kaede.

“Oh, this?”

Nagito looked at a thin cylinder device with a button on top in his hand.

“Well, this is something special. A tool to destroy despair in the name of hope.” said Nagito happily.

“Give me that!” yelled Miu.

“Oh, alright.” said Nagito.

Without hesitation, Nagito came to Miu and handed her the device.

“What do you mean? What does that device do?” asked Kirumi. 

“When you press that button, Mikan and Teruteru, the two people from the jabberwock island killing game, will die. I strapped those two to chairs and set a bomb under their seats. When you press that button, the bomb will explode, killing them.” said Nagito.

“What?” gasped Kaede.

“Why are you giving us this? What is the meaning?” yelled Kirumi with fierceness

“It’s rather simple. I want the Jabberwock Island killing game participants to lose. No, I want them all to be completely eradicated.” said Nagito.             
 
“W-Why would you want something like that? Aren’t they your friends?” asked Kaede.

“We’ve known each other for the duration of the killing game, yes. And throughout our journey, I realized those people were the biggest jerks and assholes imaginable. I served them, hoping that they will reach hope that will beat any despair. But they were just egomaniacs pretending to make the world a better place.” said Nagito.
   
“Is that so?” asked Kirumi.

“Yes, not only that. But I also found a document about their past and learned that they were the abhorred Remnant of Despair.” said Nagito.

“Remnants of Despair? What’s that?” asked Miu.

“They have waged war for the sake of war,  killed for the sake of killing. Both innocents and guilty died in their hands alike and brought nothing but pain and suffering to the world. No ideals, no hope, just pure desire for despair’s sake. It honestly makes me wanna puke.” said Nagito grimly.

“Monokuma said something bad happened to the outside world and my country. Did the remnants of despair do that?” pondered Kirumi.

“Yes, The Ultimate Despairs, later known as the remnants of despair are the cause of the world’s destruction. Instead of fighting despair and growing stronger, all they did was cling to despair and destroy the world just to feel a greater despair.” said Nagito angrily.

“Wait, there is a problem. Shuichi said that the outside world is fine. Instead, it’s our memories that are faulty. There are devices called flashback lights. Those can create fake memories inside your mind. It’s possible that your friends have not done those horrible things in the past. Maybe the events you remember happening at Jabberwock Island might not have actually happened. It’s just fiction stuffed into your head.” said Kaede.
               
“What are you babbling about?” grunted Nagito with condescending look towards her.  

“It’s true. You can’t kill your friends because of something like that! Even if your friends may have been dicks during the killing game and they may be the same even now, I’m sure they can change.” said Kaede.

“Yes, they can change. They can change back into their Remnants of Despair personalities. At least now, they don’t remember their remnant past because of Monokuma’s memory erasure. But I’m sure they will eventually remember. In fact, one of them did remember. I managed to successfully capture that maniac who is Mikan. She is still pretending to be an innocent little girl.” said Nagito with a wicked smile.

Nagito looked at Miu.

“Don’t hesitate to press that button. You’ll just be killing no good remnants of despair. No, if you don’t press that button, we might be in danger. With every passing second the chances of them remembering their despair memories might increase. And when they do remember, they’ll do everything in their power to make everyone suffer.” said Nagito and grinned.  

1