Ch 29 – Sacrifice
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“S-sure. I get your argument but why are you smiling in such a creepy manner?!” yelled Miu.

“I couldn’t be any happier. Someone is finally going to destroy the remnants of despair. Isn’t stepping on their love for despair the greatest of hope?” said Nagito, clearly happy.

“You had the button. Why didn’t you press it yourself?” asked Kirumi.

“Ahh, I could have. But nah, I want someone else to bring hope to the world, not me. Besides, nobody will get Monokuma’s prize in that scenario. Not to mention it wouldn’t count to the killing of 4 people that Monokuma required.” said Nagito.

“You can’t do this just to get on the good side of Monokuma. He is the enemy that needs to be beat! Your friends could have helped us and now you’re making us fight against them just like Monokuma wants.” cried Kaede.

“They aren’t my friends. They are just assholes that destroyed the world and could possibly destroy us too. If you know what is best for you, then you have to kill them. Don’t be afraid. You’re doing the world a service.” said Nagito.   
   
Miu looked at the button nervously.

“Miu, don’t!” yelled Kaede.

But it was too late. Miu pressed the button.

Kaede and Kirumi gasped. Immediately a new screen popped up above the portal.  It displayed Miu’s picture next to Teruteru and Miu’s picture next to Mikan. Letters were also written beneath it.  

Miu Iruma(killer) -> Teruteru Hanamura(victim)
Miu Iruma(killer) -> Mikan Tsumiki(victim)

“Upupup, congratulations to the killers. 4 victims have successfully been murdered. Wow, you guys really speedran this war huh. Usually I had to ease you fools into the killing.”

Monokuma continued on his announcement but Kaede raged, ran and grabbed hold of Miu’s shoulders.

“What have you done? You just killed two innocent people.” yelled Kaede.

“I-innocent? Fuck off, I just killed the biggest bastards on earth. I-I should be praised and worshiped for my bravery. Not this stupid crap.” said Miu.

“You don’t know! You don’t know anything about those two and you killed them. Maybe they weren’t bad people at heart, maybe Nagito lied!” 

The school door busted open and dozens of people came out. The person ahead of them was Shuichi.

“What the hell happened?!” Shuichi yelled.

He was dumbstruck upon seeing Nagito and the screen above the portal. 

“I probably shouldn’t be here. But I also am not going back to Jabberwock island for obvious reasons.” said Nagito and went away, towards the courtyard.

“Who is that?” asked Kaito.

“Someone dangerous?” asked Maki.

“Thanks to him the war is over. He gave me a button that will kill 2 of the jabberwock island killing game students and I pressed it to protect you guys.” said Miu.

“Liar! You just wanted Monokuma’s prize.” yelled Kaede.

“Hey, fuck you. I saved your ass missy. I bet those Remnants of Despair freaks were planning on charging at us and killing us. They would have toyed with your flat chest before brutally murdering you.  Luckily I was fast-”

Kaede slapped Miu on the face, the sound resounded loudly.

“Shut up, you murderer!” said Kaede with a deadly glare. 

“Gh, Kh.”

Miu started crying. Immediately she ran to the dormitory. 

“Shouldn’t we go look for that guy? He could be planning something mischievous.” said Maki.

“Calm down, the war between different killing game students is over.” said Kaito. 

“What are we going to do now?” asked Keebo. 

“I’m gonna send the student of Hope’s peak academy’s killing game the other voice recorder. You guys can come with me if you want.” said Shuichi.

“And ignore the fact that they just killed Ryoma in cold blood?” asked Korekiyo.

“We don’t know anything about them. The attack could have only been led by a few students, not the entire Hope’s peak academy killing game students may have agreed upon it. And even then, those who attacked likely might have been paranoid and wanted to finish this war quickly.” said Shuichi.

“Yeah, it’s really…unfortunate that Ryoma had to die. Honestly, with how easy he let himself go in the previous killing game, this time I wanted to knock sense into him but…” said Kaito.

Kaito heavily sighed and continued “We can’t keep holding onto old regrets or grudges. Trying to introduce ourselves and calming those paranoid bastards down is one way to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again!”

“Right. I’m heading to the cosplayer lab now. That’s where the portal is at. Tenko and Gonta are defending it.” said Shuichi.

But before he could go, a small rock jumped out of the portal. The group looked at the rock silently.

Soon Keebo walked up to the portal and grabbed the rock. At that moment Tsumugi had exited the dining hall and approached the group who had gathered in front of the portal. 

“There is a paper attached to it.” said Keebo. 

He showed the paper to everyone. The paper said “Hello, my name is Fuyuhiko Kuzuryou. We are aware that our friends Teruteru and Mikan are dead because of a person named Miu Iruma. But we don’t have ill will. A bastard known as Nagito also jumped into that portal. Don’t trust him. Could we enter the portal and talk to you? I imagine that is fine since the war is over.”

“What are we going to do?” asked Tsumugi.

Kaede quickly turned the paper around and elegantly scribbled on it, then attached the paper to the rock with the string it came with and threw the rock back.

“I wrote ‘yes of course.’ They should be coming in here any moment.” said Kaede.

And indeed Fuyuhiko, Peko, Gundham, Sonia and finally Kazuichi entered through the portal. Fuyuhiko looked through them and asked “Where is that Miu girl?”

1