Ch 31 – Stupid Dream
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sayaka, Leon, Byakuya then Genocider jumped back into the dojo through the portal. Strangely enough, instead of the portal area being vacant Makoto, Kyoko and Aoi were there. 

“S-Sayaka.” muttered Makoto. 

“Makoto…so you found this portal huh” said Sayaka, her eyes darting away towards different directions.

“W-why did you strike first? You did right? You killed Ryoma.” said Makoto, anger soon formed on his face.

“What? how did you?” mumbled Sayaka. 

“It’s on the portal.” said Byakuya. 

Sayaka turned around to see where Byakuya pointed with his finger towards the screen above the portal. 

Sayaka Maizono (killer) -> Ryoma Hoshi (victim)
Maki Harukawa (killer) -> Mukuro Ikusaba (victim) 

Looking at the details Sayaka sighed and turned around to face Makoto. 

“Yes, I did do that. I didn’t harm any of our friends, so why are you mad?” asked Sayaka coldly.

“Y-you. You’re a murderer! You tried to kill Leon and frame me. Now you’ve killed a gifted juveniles student in cold blood.” yelled Makoto.

“Yes, I suppose if you wanna call me a murderer then be it. But we’re in a killing game. Monokuma is forcing us to kill each other. I’m simply a victim who defended myself in this killing game. If I die here cause of my weakness, it would be foolish.” said Sayaka, her tone as monotone as she probably could let it be.

“H-how can you say that? We could have rebelled against Monokuma if we worked together. Instead you’re finding excuses to kill people.” said Makoto with rage as he peered into Sayaka’s cold eyes.  

“Tch, your pacifism and blind optimism makes me sick. Dream on delusionist” said Byakuya.

“You don’t even know what Monokuma’s prize is. Most likely it’s not a ticket to get out of this killing game, otherwise Monokuma would have just said it was. Once more you’ve put yourself in danger because this announcement is likely spread to different killing game students. They are gonna come for you to get revenge.” said Kyoko boldly towards Sayaka.

“It doesn’t matter. I saved everyone in this killing game! If we hadn’t killed 4 people, Monokuma would have started killing random students. And I’ve protected you from the other killing game students by risking myself and weakening them. Is this how you treat the friends who protected you?” asked Sayaka.

“You know what you’re saying is nonsense. You don’t protect us by killing other people.” said Makoto.

“Yeah, and the 24 hour limit hasn’t even been close to being reached yet. It’s only been about 2 hours since the war phase started.” yelled Aoi.

“It was efficient to strike fast when the opposing side didn’t expect it. It was a strategic call on my end to protect you people.” said Byakuya calmly. 

“Protect us? Shut up! You only care about yourself and your ego. I bet killing those people and getting Monokuma’s reward felt good, you bastard!” yelled Aoi. 

“Pff, I didn’t even touch anyone.” grumbled Byakuya.

“Can I leave? We all know that the situation Monokuma put us in is harsh. I’m sure the gifted juveniles students will also understand our situation. Especially since they killed Mukuro in that fight as well.” said Sayaka carelessly.  
     
“You attacked first! Even without seeing what happened, it’s easy to guess that they were defending themselves from your attack.” yelled Makoto. 

“A-are you going to side with them like that? I thought you were my friend, Makoto” said Sayaka. 

Sadness appeared in her eyes. She gently wiped what could be a tear from her eyes and glanced at Makoto. Makoto’s heart skipped a beat. But he gritted his teeth, frowned and spoke in a cold manner. 

“Sayaka, how many people are you willing to crush just to accomplish your stupid dreams?”        

Her soft eyes immediately became sharp. She looked at Makoto, frowned.

“I’m not like you. An average nobody who can afford to live their entire life in this god knows where hellhole. I have fans, family, friends and a name to uphold. I’m the ultimate pop idol sensation. Don’t mock me or my talent ever again.”

Sayaka angrily went past Makoto, her head held high. Makoto stomped the ground with his foot, turned around and yelled.

“You’re just a coward who wants to act superior! You think your popularity and talent makes your life worth more than ours? Or are you just that afraid to die?!”
               
Sayaka stopped, turned to look at him menacingly. But all she could do was shoot a deadly gaze towards Makoto before quickly going out of the dojo. 

“And where do you think you’re going?” asked Kyoko while Leon attempted to go after her. 

“Hey, fuck you, I can go wherever I want!” yelled Leon.

“You’ve killed before and now you’ve cooperated with Sayaka and Byakuya to attack innocents. You’re terrible!” yelled Aoi. 

“Hmph, I’m sick of hearing your pacifist remarks. I didn’t expect a confetti after our attack but at least some understanding and not this yelling. In a war you can’t hold back.” said Byakuya. 

Suddenly a screen appeared above the portal. With pictures and text.  

Miu Iruma (killer) -> Teruteru Hanamura (victim)      

Miu Iruma (killer) -> Mikan Tsumiki (victim)

“Upupup, congratulations to the killers. 4 victims have successfully been murdered. Wow, you guys really speedran this war huh. Usually I had to ease you fools into the killing.” 

Monokuma continued his announcement. The others listened to all of it. When he finished, Byakuya looked at Makoto and spoke.

“Looks like the gifted juvenile students were not pure and innocent as you thought they were. Unless those two attacked the juvenile academy.” said Byakuya.

“It’s Monokuma’s trap! If we had worked together with a strong bond, we could have easily beat this killing game! Monokuma always uses our desires and fears to manipulate us into falling prey to despair. He wants to separate us, let us fight each other. All you’ve done is become a slave to Monokuma.” said Makoto.

“Hey, don’t call us slaves and shit. We were just a little afraid is all. We found a chance to strike before they did and so we did” said Leon.

“Yes, scared! Don’t even try to lighten your emotions. You’re scared, paranoid! You are a coward who has fallen to despair. You're not thinking straight!” said Makoto with anger.   

“Oh fuck you. Now I’m the insane one? If you’re so fucking awesome and manly, why don’t you go fight Monokuma yourself!” yelled Leon, his face red and eyes sharp. 

“Maybe I will. But not by force. We need an opening to beat Monokuma. Kyoko managed to find Monokuma unguarded and she stole an item from him which helped us uncover the truth. We need luck and quick wit, just like that.” said Makoto. 

“Yeah, luck luck luck. You’re so goddamn lucky to be the ultimate lucky student. I’m so envious of you. Beating Monokuma and surviving the killing game. While, I the loser, gets easily exposed as a murderer and executed.” cried Leon and kicked the floor. 

He looked at Makoto with rage and approached him. Kyoko got in his way, raising her fists, ready for anything.   

“If you’re so fucking lucky then maybe you won’t need my help. I’ll just work on keeping myself safe while you beat Monokuma with your luck! No matter what you do, I bet you wouldn’t even die so piss off Monokuma as much as you like.” yelled Leon while wagging his finger towards Kyoko and Makoto. 

Leon angrily walked off, Byakuya and Toko followed him. They exited the dojo leaving Aoi, Kyoko and Makoto to themselves. Makoto sighed and sat on the ground while Kyoko stood. Aoi strolled around the dojo miserably. 

1