Ch 32 – Little Liar
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I-I can’t believe four people are already dead. This death game is progressing way too fast.” said Aoi.

“That’s why we have to do something before more people become victims to Monokuma’s schemes.” said Makoto.

“Then what do you suggest? I personally think Byakuya has become too much of a threat. We need a way to monitor him.” said Kyoko.

“But I couldn’t find any spy devices like that in my search.” said Aoi.

“Then there is one thing we could do.” said Makoto.

His eyes turned to the portal.

“A-are you seriously going to enter that portal? After what Byakuya and the others did?” asked Aoi.

“It’s fine. Monokuma ended the war phase. And we definitely need to apologize for what they have done. If we wait any longer, Monokuma might make more announcements that further tear us apart.” said Makoto.

“Alright, do you suppose we should hold any self defense equipments?” asked Kyoko.

“K-Kyoko! It will scare away the gifted juvenile students. I don’t want any hostility.” said Makoto.

“Yes. I know. It would be ridiculous to meet them with a knife in our hands. That’s not what I meant. What I meant was this.” said Kyoko and pulled out a small round device with a red button on it.  

The button had the picture of a soundwave on it. 

“What’s that?” asked Makoto.

“It's an emergency signal. When I press this button, a monitor that is attached to this device wirelessly will have a red screen. And the screen will display where I am.” said Kyoko.

“Interesting.” said Aoi.

“But will it work once we cross the portal? I don’t know how Monokuma managed to create this portal but it should teleport us to a completely new location, right? If it’s too far away, the signal might not reach.” said Makoto.

“That’s what I’m interested in the most. The monitor does not show any maps upon activation of this device. Instead it shows where the device is in comparison to the monitor and the distance between the two.” said Kyoko.

“Wow, that’s a great finding Kyoko.” said Aoi.

“Yes, with this, we could actually know where Monokuma is sending us with this portal.” said Makoto.

“The information we may get out of it may be small. But it’s still worth it. And this also works as a defensive method. I gave the monitor to Sakura. So if something happens to us, I’ll press the button, warning Sakura to come and rescue us.” said Kyoko. 

“Yeah, but only if the device works, right? We don’t know where we’ll be going.” said Makoto.  

“Yeah. Couldn’t we just take Sakura with us into the portal as well?” asked Aoi.

“Sure, if you’re willing to scare the juvenile academy students more.” said Kyoko.

“Yeah, you have a point there.” said Aoi. 

“It will be fine. Besides, it’s not like I’m without a weapon either” said Kyoko as she pulled out something from her pocket. It was two tasers. Kyoko threw the other taser towards Makoto in which he grabbed it, looked at it and put it in his pocket.        

Without waiting much further the three of them entered the portal. 

*************

Kokichi exited the Aikido Master’s lab. He yawned as he walked into the courtyard. Further away, he saw dozens of his fellow students walking down the stairs and onto the courtyard. The Jabberwock island killing game students were with them which made Kokichi very surprised. 

Especially considering that Kazuichi, Fuyuhiko were allowed to hold a knife. Kokichi also noted that Kaito and Maki were holding crossbows. Korekiyo and Shuichi held a sword while Kaede held a knife. Shuichi’s eyes darted towards Kokichi.        

“Kokichi!” yelled Shuichi and ran towards him, the others followed.

When they arrived in front of him, Kokichi eyed each one of them.

“Thought things would get cold and bitter between different killing game members after four people died but wow, you guys seem to be hanging out together all mushy and gushy huh?” asked Kokichi with a grin.

“Kokichi, what the hell were you doing? We got attacked while you were busy running off to nowhere!” yelled Kaito.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t provide my ingenious leadership skills as the Ultimate Supreme Leader. Because of that, people ended up dying. You truly are so useless without me.” said Kokichi with laughter.

“It’s not just that. You broke our promise to meet at the dining hall. I personally thought something bad happened to you, but I kept quiet.” said Kaede.

“Oh, you look worried. K-Kaede, I didn’t know you had a crush on me. I-I should have been more aware of your feelings. Fine, I accept your love! Kiss me you stupid bitch.” yelled Kokichi with a dramatic sad face.  

Kaede frowned, looked at Kokichi with disgust and said “you’re one strange little man.” 

“Enough with that. Hey, pipsqueak, you wanna help capture Nagito or what?” yelled Fuyuhiko.

“Nah gay toe? Never heard of that thing.” said Kokichi, confused.

“Oh, right. Nagito is a student of Jabberwock Island. He is attempting to eradicate the Jabberwock Island students, all of them. And we are obviously trying to stop him.” explained Shuichi.

“Ahh, I see. Still don’t see how it benefits me or you, Shuichi.” said Kokichi.

“W-what the hell man?! I know we’re strangers and all but even a twelve year old should know that genocide is bad.” said Kazuichi.

“And you do not need to earn money to serve your country” said Sonia demandingly.  

“This Nagito fellow has a reason for wanting to do this. But I don’t think his reasoning is even close to being good. And if these people are correct, Nagito also caused a lot of problems before he even knew that they were remnants of despair. From what I heard Nagito seems very unstable and has some very radical beliefs.” said Shuichi. 

“Yeah, we could obviously ignore him just like we did with you. But considering he caused two people’s deaths, I say he is a legitimate threat. Even if the people he supposedly killed were remnants of despair.” said Maki.      

“Remnants? Despair? Seriously, I did hear those names before but I have no clue what they are about” grumbled Kokichi.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s likely everything and everyone’s memories were made by the flashback lights anyways. You guys think you’ve done horrible stuff in the past and forgot about it but that’s just all implanted memories.” said Maki boldly as she turned around to the jabberwock island group.

“Sh-shit, Shuichi talked about flashback lights, implanted memories in the cassette. I really wished I hearing wrong but you’re saying the whole memories are fake thing is real? Goddamn it!” yelled Fuyuhiko with anger.

“I-I do not doubt Shuichi’s good will. But you have no right to say our memories and personalities are fictional. You know nothing about us and have no proof to back up your claim.” said Peko coldly.       

“Eyewitnesses are proof. It’s even possible that Monokuma might pull up a flashback light or tricks similar to that to confuse us in this killing game too. That’s why I had to tell you this, even if it is confusing and unbelievable.” said Shuichi.  

“Man, I really did not want to talk about this. What you said in the cassette got weirder and weirder as it went on. How does your killing game fit in with our timeline anyway?” asked Kazuichi.

“I don’t know. Unless we break out of this game and find out for ourselves, we won’t know. Everything in this killing game, every piece of evidence provided by Monokuma is unreliable and to be doubted.” said Shuichi.       

0