Ch 35 – Forgive or not to
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If you want to change, you can change. There is no reason for you to call yourself trash or call others evil and vile. Life is change. There was a time in my life where I was afraid of change. Hated myself for my weakness, doubted myself, and was so afraid. But that all changed. It happened because I was open to change. I don’t know what life you lived Nagito but it seems to me that you are attached to conflicts and fights and this idea that things have to be this way. That goodness has to beat badness. Hope must beat Despair. But I assure you, hope and despair are interchanging. Hope turns to despair and despair turns to hope. I don’t want this cycle to keep going. I want people to be free of it.” said Shuichi.

“And don’t you ever dare call yourself trash again in front of me. It’s unmanly and honestly ungrateful. You’re alive and you’re doing well. Why don’t you appreciate that and love yourself more? Or you just want to suffer that badly?” asked Kaito.

“Heh. You people are definitely interesting. And I never really expected anyone to just give me such hopeful, loving advice. I’m really glad I met you guys.” said Nagito happily.

He looked at Fuyuhiko,Kazuichi then became sad and said “Yeah, my old friends are definitely way more rude than you guys. How hopeless.”

“Well, fuck you too!” said Kazuichi.

“I honestly don’t know what to add. All I will say is that we’re putting our trust in you. So you better behave and try to better yourself. I know it will be difficult but if you try, things just might work out.” said Kaede confidently.

“Oh man, you guys are so nice to a stranger who just killed two people like an hour ago. And you’ve never said such kind words to me but you’re saying it to him. It honestly makes me so jealous that I wanna unalive myself! WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAHAAA!” cried Kokichi and he fell on the floor and banged it with his palm.

“Hahaha, I guess we really do never talk heart to heart huh Kokichi” said Shuichi with a smile.

“Huh?” gasped Kokichi.

“But you do lie a lot. You’re definitely not making this easy for us.” said Shuichi.

“Yeah, I honestly could tolerate you more if you said less cryptic shit and didn’t lie to us all the time.” said Kaito. 

“Who said I lied all the time? I sometimes tell harsh truths and sometimes lie like a master manipulator. The balance of lies and truths makes my motives complex, baby!” said Kokichi with a triumphant laughter.

“And your ego is off the roof. God I wanna punch you so bad.” said Kaito. 

Nagito went down from the stand and walked up to the gifted Juvenile crew. Nagito laughed and scratched his hair.

“I’m sorry if I scared you all. I just…was paranoid” said Nagito with a smile.

Fuyuhiko looked at Nagito with a frown and yelled “You are such a big liar! Nagito lied, acted like a normal person and was nice to us before he caused the Imposter to die for his hope. He is your business now I guess but I think you wouldn’t be so nice if you experienced what he did first hand like us.”

“Really? well…” grumbled Shuichi.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay. Even I know I was a dork in the past. Let’s not delve into it. I just really thought that people could improve themselves by overcoming hardships but judging by how you guys turned out to be remnants of despair, I guess I was wrong. My ideals were too radical and I pushed you guys without consent for a wrong cause. I’m terribly sorry.” said Nagito with a sad and depressed face.

“I-is he being genuine?” asked Peko.

“I have no idea. I survived the killing game, doesn’t mean I understand shit about him.” said Fuyuhiko disturbed. 

“Look. I know you guys have grudges going on but I definitely think you should let it go and learn to work together. That’s the only way to get out of this killing game.” said Kaede.

Fuyuhiko frowned and Kazuichi sulked at her words. 

They all walked back to the elevator with Nagito and went up back to the surface. They strolled out of the shrine of judgment onto the stone paved courtyard. When they climbed up the stairs they saw Gundham and Sonia as well as Chiaki and Hajime exiting the dormitory.

Shuichi’s group approached them. Hajime and Chiaki seemed welcoming at first, but as they got closer Hajime’s eyes became angry and he frowned.

“N-Nagito…why isn’t he tied up?” asked Hajime.

“Kehehe, why? Do you want me to be bondaged, Hajime? That’s quite naughty of you.” said Nagito sarcastically.

“I know this is a risky decision. But Nagito apologized for his actions. And he did notify us that he thought you guys were the remnants of despair. After knowing the truth about everyone’s personality being fictional he became more understanding.” said Shuichi.

“So it’s true huh. Gundham and Sonia were just talking about that to us.” said Chiaki.

“Still I think you’re underestimating him. He is just not the type of person to become nice after knowing this kind of information.” said Hajime.

“Jeez, when did you all become such great psychoanalysts? I said I was sorry, I said I would change and be less violent towards you guys. What more do you want?” grumbled Nagito.

“You’re just saying that because you’re outnumbered! He attacked and almost killed Chiaki knowing well that she wasn’t a remnant of despair. That happened about two hours ago.” said Hajiime.

“I only did it to make you commit suicide. According to my fictional memory, you’re Izuru Kamakura. The biggest, baddest, most despair inducing person to ever walk on earth, right after Junko Enoshima. But I was wrong to attack you or Chiaki. Because if Shuichi is right, then everything we know is fictional. Including what I read in the hope’s peak academy’s yearbook and how you guys were the ultimate despair. So there is no reason for me to be mad at you.” said Nagito with a friendly smile.

“No, I can’t believe it. You’re definitely trying to trick us.” said Hajime.

“Come on. Why do you have to be so doubtful? There was a time when I was a lot more aggressive, held radical and extreme beliefs. But that’s just a memory, the past. It doesn’t exist anymore. I am a fully changed person.” said Nagito happily.

Hajime gritted his teeth. Right then Makoto walked out of the dormitory as well.

1