Ch 36 – Apology
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wait, why are you here?” asked Maki with a frown.

“I-I only came here to apologize…for what Sayaka did.” said Makoto, concerned.

The door opened again and Kyoko and Aoi exited to arrive behind Makoto. Makoto bowed his head down towards Shuichi’s group.  

“I, I know it’s stupid to apologize. We can’t bring back the life Sayaka has destroyed. But please, forgive Sayaka and the people who attacked you. They are just paranoid. I’m sure if they can be freed from their fears and worries and embrace hope, they would be able to change.” said Makoto sincerely.

“M-Makoto” gasped Hajime.

“I-I, we’re sorry.” said Aoi while staring at the ground in guilt.

“I want to remind you that five people attacked your territory. Byakuya, Leon, Sayaka, Mukuro and Toko.  Their actions are certainly cruel but their mentality isn’t shared by many. While there are some who had a similar mentality to Byakuya at least half of the people at Hope’s Peak Academy’s killing game disagreed with Byakuya and didn’t want to participate in any offensive strategy during the war phase.” reported Kyoko.

“So the other half was just okay with killing strangers for profit?” asked Maki with a frown. 

“Maki, come on.” yelled Kaito.  

“I didn’t say that. They were just skeptical that this could be resolved through peace and talking. It’s possible that some of them wouldn’t have followed Byakuya’s instructions to attack you.” said Kyoko.

“Anyways. I’m glad to see that some people are willing to talk things out. And…we’re not the type of people to hold grudges. What happened is sad and unfortunate but we have to keep moving forward” said Shuichi.

“Umm, we wanted to check on Rantaro and possibly Tenko, see if they are doing well. Where are they?” asked Kaede.

“We gave the medical supplies to Kirumi, Himiko and Keebo. They entered Rantaro’s room.” said Sonia.

“Tenko also came with us down from the school’s fifth floor to here. She is inside Rantaro’s room as well.” added Kyoko.
       
“Do you guys have a medic, nurse or a doctor on your team? Kirumi is reliable but she is not exactly a medic.” said Shuichi.

“Unfortunately, no. As far as I know, none of the hope’s peak academy killing game students are a medic” said Kyoko.

“We could always ask Monokuma to do it.” said Chiaki.

“M-Monokuma?” gasped Kaede.

“Yeah, in our killing game Monokuma treated Fuyuhiko and Nekomaru’s group. It was stated in the Neo world program that the teacher role could not harm the students. Monokuma actually ended up harming some students so he had to aid their wounds in order to not lose their role as the teacher.” said Chiaki. 

“Umm, okay?” said Kaito, clearly confused. 

“Of course, we may not be in the neo world program so Monokuma might not have that weakness and responsibility. Still, we could try.” said Chiaki. 

“Neeheehee, it would be a lousy killing game if one of the participants dies of infection. And Monokuma loves his killing games so much.” said Kokichi playfully.     

“Hmm, I suppose the Monokuma who masterminded your killing game has a different motive than us?” asked Chiaki. 

“Yes, our killing game was a reality show of sorts, they called it ultimate real fiction. Dozens of people, possibly the whole world, were enjoying our death game. Whereas I heard that the Jabberwock Island killing game did take place inside a virtual world. Chiaki, when you said teacher role, you were talking about the settings in the virtual world, am I right?” said Shuichi.

“Yeah. But hmm…” pondered Chiaki.

“I really wanted to ask you this. But do you think we’re also inside a virtual world right at this moment? Monokuma created a portal, and had strange levitational powers.” said Shuichi, pondering.

“Maybe. It’s really hard to tell without solid evidence. The Neo world program virtual world imitates reality extremely well.  I was never a real person. I was an AI. The fact that I’m alive as well as the other students who should have died could be the cause of a program. But obviously you’re more reliable in creating theory than I am. Since you know more about that flashback light and how it could create fake memories.” said Chiaki. 

“Then I recommend you finish listening to the cassette that me, Shuichi and the others recorded. We talked about everything you need to know in there.” said Kaito with a proud smile.

“Recording? Mind if I listen to that in my spare time?” asked Kyoko.

“Oh, that’s right. I need to grab it. You guys wait. Kaito, let’s go and get the voice recordings from Classroom A.” said Shuichi.

“Oh, right.” said Kaito and the two of them quickly ran towards the school with blistering speed. The rest of the students stood outside of the dormitory and saw Shuichi and Kaito go.  

“Yo, don’t you think Monokuma is being too quiet now?” asked Aoi.

“Yeah, but honestly I couldn’t complain. Every time he shows his face, something bad happens.” said Kaede and pouted.  

“Kehehe, today was certainly an eventful day. I presume the bear is satisfied with all the blood that has been spilled.” said Korekiyo. 

Kaede grabbed her head, grumbled then claimed “Ghrr, it’s honestly frustrating. I dunno what happened today but in the killing game that I was in, Monokuma forced us to commit murder and if none of us did he said he’d kill us all. And he said whoever manages to kill someone walks out of the killing game with no class trial. Still, all of us managed to resist Monokuma’s proposal and almost managed to reach the time limit before I…” 

Kaede’s face became grim, she clawed her nail into her clothes and bit her lip. She shook her head and said “I’m just trying to say, I don’t believe how easily some people decided on violence and did exactly what Monokuma wanted. In just within an hour no less.”

She said that and she pouted.

“I wanted Byakuya and his followers not to make a rash decision. But they ignored me. They ignored Kyoko and Aoi’s words too and attacked you.” said Makoto.

“Well, that is certainly cruel and uncalled for. But still, we have some troublemakers such as Miu acting rashly. So we really can’t act like we’re superior.” said Korekiyo.

“I, I’m going to go in, see how Rantaro is doing.” said Kaede.

1