Ch 37 – Monophones
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No one was willing to join her but regardless she entered the dormitory and knocked on Rantaro’s door. The door was opened by Angie and Kaede entered.

“How are you all doing?” asked Kaede, her tone showed that she was tired.

“I’m still kicking. Well, not exactly kicking but definitely alive.” said Rantaro, who was on the bed.

His body was wrapped in bandages and he was lying on the bed with his chest. Tenko sat on a chair in the corner. Next to her were Himiko and Angie strolling around. Kirumi was wrapping a bandage around Tenko’s arm while Keebo analyzed Kirumi’s work from afar. After she was done Kirumi threw away the used bloody bandage into the trash can. 

“I heard what happened. Mostly from Kirumi and Tenko. You can save your energy by not explaining everything to me.” said Rantaro.

“Tenko, are you doing fine?” asked Kaede.

“Yeah. You don’t have to worry about me. Removing the arrow from my forearm was a pain but Kirumi truly is skilled.” said Tenko.

“Thank you Kirumi. I’m sorry for the things Shuichi and I said to you before.” said Kaede with guilt.

“It is fine. My duty is to serve you all.” said Kirumi with a smile. 

“What happened to capturing Nagito? Did you guys succeed?” asked Himiko. 

Kaede made an awkward smile and scratched her head before talking.  

“Umm…well. We did find him. We didn’t exactly capture him per se. After we told him about the flashback light and how it creates fake memories and personalities he decided to give himself up to us and apologized. He said he was paranoid about the remnants of despair coming back to their usual selves, that’s why he wanted to eradicate them all. But if everything is fictional, he doesn’t have a reason to kill them so he said he was sorry” reported Kaede bluntly.    

“Wow, he seems surprisingly reasonable despite being a degenerate.” said Tenko. 

“I do not think so. A sinner who killed others should be punished!” said Angie.  

“Jabberwock Island students still think he is malicious and have very ill opinionated towards him. Apparently he also participated in the killing game way before knowing they were remnants of despair.” said Kaede confidently.  

“Nyeh, that sounds complicated.” said Himiko.

“But we have to allow him his freedom right? We allowed someone like Korekiyo freedom, so tying up and treating Nagito badly would be nothing but a double standard.” said Keebo.

“Nyeh, double standards isn’t the problem. We don’t know anything about this Nagito guy. What if he turns out to be even crazier than Kiyo?” yelled Himiko.

“That…we don’t know. We’ll just have to wait and see. But I want to trust him and work with him if he is bearable to be around at least. We shouldn’t discriminate against others without knowing them firsthand, especially in a killing game like this” said Kaede.       

Keebo nodded his head and said “Yes, judging others by how they look or what bad things others have said about them cannot be a good thing. All kinds of phobias must come to an end! Especially Robo-” 

“Hey, if you’re willing to look at the good side of others, that’s great. But you should be careful. You wouldn’t wanna be close to a shady guy all by yourself, especially in a killing game.” said Rantaro. 

“Yes, once a killer, always a killer. If it were for me, I would beware of a lot of people in this killing game too. Even you Kaede.” said Angie while she looked creepily towards Kaede.                                

Kaede nodded with guilt, looked at them one last time and exited the room. She went towards the door of the dormitory to see that Shuichi and Kaito had already arrived. Kaede came close to them and heard their conversation. 

“So, you recorded everything important that happened in your killing game on this cassette?” asked Makoto while waving the cassette in his hand.   

“Yeah, I hope this will help clear your confusions and create theories on your end.” said Shuichi.

“Umm, could I also get a cassette? You said you have an extra right?” asked Hajime.

“Oh, sure.” said Shuichi and handed it out to him.

“Hmph, I already contained the relic of knowledge as well. But more the merrier as they say.” said Gundham with a smile. 

“Oh, I wanted to ask, did you guys find Mikan and Teruteru’s bodies?” asked Kaede with a depressed look.

Hajime bit his lips, frowned but nodded.  

“Yeah, we did. The lower half of their bodies were destroyed by the explosion and their torsos were just…bloodied.” said Hajime with a grim face.

Hajime’s eyes darted towards Nagito and became serious. Nagito could only evade his gaze.

“Jeez, that’s rough. I mean, we should probably bury the bodies somewhere, right?” asked Kaito.

“Yeah, unless Monokuma wants to do the job himself for health reasons.” said Makoto. 

“Yeah, he probably would. Afterall, the killing game participants should focus on the killings.” said Monokuma.

“What the?!” yelled Aoi.

Monokuma was standing behind Shuichi’s group as he said that. He held a large bag in his tiny paws.  

“H-How did you sneak behind us?” asked Maki.

“It was noisy, so you probably didn’t hear me coming.” said Monokuma. 

“No, I would have heard you” grunted Maki with spite. 

“What do you want?” asked Kaede.

“Oh, just wanted to congratulate you all. I also wanted to give you guys these.” said Monokuma.

Monokuma put his head into the bag and brought out a smart phone of sorts then quickly rushed to Kaito’s side with extreme speed.

“Here take this.” said Monokuma.

“W-why?” asked Kaito.

“Jeez, don’t you like free phones, computers and cool techs? You’re risking your life to make my killing game happen. And I’m so glad that you’re so violent and competitive. It makes me proud so I have to reward you all in some ways right?” said Monokuma with a satisfied smile on his face.

Kaito raised his eyebrows but regardless he took the phone. Kaito’s full name was carved out on the back of the phone.  

Monokuma went ahead and took phones from the bag and started quickly distributing the phones to the killing game students. Shuichi carefully looked at his phone and pressed the power button long in which the phone turned on and the following text was displayed in the background. 

“Monokuma’s Infinite Strife killing game!
    Participant - Shuichi Saihara”                        

“Infinite strife aye? That’s a good name.” said Gundham with a smirk. 

“Upupup, thank you for noticing. People always end up complaining about being forced to kill one another but nobody appreciates the work that goes into orchestrating and running a killing game. It requires some real hard work and talent you know. I would like for some more appreciation!” yelled Monokuma violently towards the group.

Shuichi looked at the apps on the phone which were camera, gallery, notes, voice recorder, messaging, popularity board, rules, bank balance.

1