Ch 40 – Free food no more
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We’ll just ask her when she gets out. There is no reason to fight. And even if she resisted, Maki would take the phone from her without necessarily beating her up” said Shuichi.

“Yes, having the ultimate assassin on your side makes you the de facto dictator by default. Truly having connections and friendship with strong, talented people is the road to success” said Korekiyo as he put his mask back on.

“Shuichi’s not a dictator! He is just trying to keep everyone safe” yelled Kaede.

“Yeah, and trust me. If it were Kirumi or Maki in charge, they would most likely be wanting to tie you up. I am against that approach because I respect your freedom and tying you up in a room is just gonna make you the prime target for murder” said Shuichi with a smile.   

“Yes, yes. I certainly cannot push away your kindness. I admit.” said Korekiyo slyly. 

“Also, Korekiyo, you wouldn’t mind spending a lot of time with me, right?” asked Shuichi.

“Huh?” gasped Korekiyo. 

“Well, obviously I can’t let you go wild without any supervision. And your phone might be needed a lot during this killing game. So I’ll be spending time with you to help you change yourself and become a better person while also holding onto your phone” said Shuichi confidently.

Shuichi looked at Nagito then looked around the school for others.

“Anyone else want to look after Nagito?” Shuichi asked.

There was silence in the room, dozens of eyes darting towards different directions. Soon Kaede’s voice broke the silence.

“Fine, I’ll take care of him.” Kaede said and looked at Nagito brightly.

“Alright, thanks for volunteering. Then someone also gotta look after Miu” said Shuichi.

“Ooh ooh, me, me, I wanna look after Miu.” said Kokichi brightly.

“Ugh, huh…I thought you hated Miu?” said Shuichi with doubt.      

“What? No way. I love Miu, she is my fuckbuddy! As her responsible and charming fuckbuddy I will take the role of the mentor. Teach her the ways of love and wholesomeness. Oh I will teach her to love me real well. She’ll regret it if she doesn’t.” said Kokichi with a sinister face and an evil laugh.

“N-nah. There is no way I’m listening to you. Kaito?” asked Shuichi while peering towards his friend.

“Ugh, seriously? I have to deal with Miu? But I won’t let you down Shuichi. I’ll definitely slap some sense into her.” said Kaito with a smile.

“Hey, why is Kaito more reliable than me? That’s just not possible. That’s so unfair and unlogical!” yelled Kokichi.

“Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You have the most devilish face right after Monokuma.” said Maki.

“Oh man, I wanted to join Shuichi’s epic mafia group. But he is siding with a sexual predator like Kaito over me!” whined Kokichi.

“S-sexual predator?” gasped Kaito.

“You have a goatee, not me.” said Kokichi with a laugh.

Just then the door of Rantaro’s room door opened. Kirumi, Tenko, Himiko, Angie exited the dormitory. 

“Rantaro is doing well. He is currently sleeping. He has his phone so he can easily call me if he wants anything. Keebo decided to guard him, he has the keys to his room” said Kirumi.

“Oh good. Me, Kaede and Kaito just apprehended Nagito and Korekiyo’s phones. Those two do need some eyes on them.” said Shuichi. 

Kirumi looked at Shuichi and nodded “Yes, It’s nice that you’ve decided to be a little more aggressive with your approaches. Criminals can be quite dangerous.”

“Thanks, I guess?” said Shuichi.

“Anyway, are you guys hungry? Cause I think I haven’t ate a thing since waking up here. I’m basically starving” said Kaede brightly.

“Oh, actually me too.” said Makoto.

“We should probably head back. I wanna check on the others as well.” said Hajime.

“I suppose so. Hope that Nagito won't have burned this place to the ground when we come back” said Kazuichi as he strolled out. The Jabberwock Island students went into the portal that led to their island. 

Makoto, Kyoko and Aoi went into the school, followed by Himiko and Tenko who intended to see them out.

The juvenile academy students went to the dining hall. The students sat around the long table happily while Kirumi put the pots on the table and opened the fridge. Suddenly her face became grim. She grit her teeth and yelled “The fridge…it’s EMPTY!!!”

“Jeez, why are you yelling?” whined Kaito.

“Of course, I am yelling. Do you know how much it makes me suffer as the ultimate maid? Being unable to serve a task as simple as cooking food to you all.” said Kirumi violently.

Shuichi calmly said “Well, we could just ask Monokuma. Maybe it’s some sort of an oversight on his-”       

“It is no coincidence. It’s something you have to live with” said Monokuma from behind them.

“What do you mean? Do you want us all to just starve to death?” Himiko complained.

“No, you just need to buy my food. With the money that I gave you” said Monkuma.  

Monokuma pointed at the wall of the dining hall. On it were dozens of pictures of food and drinks. Each picture has a monocoin count specified on top of it. Below the food section was one large hole, below the drinks section was another large hole. 

“What does that do?” asked Kaede condescendingly.

“There is an instruction written next to the drinks section on the wall. But since you kids are too lazy to read I’ll explain. It means you have to buy the foods by placing your phone on the pictures.” said Monokuma happily.

“This is outrageous. They don’t need your fast food so long as the ingredients are there. I can perfectly serve them any dish they want.” said Kirumi with rage.

“Well, why should I give you those ingredients for free? If you wanna eat, then eat the food I made by paying me!” yelled Monokuma out load with laughter.

“Urgh.” grumbled Kirumi.

“H-how much is the food?” asked Tenko as she jumped and approached the foodboard. 

Kaito, Himiko, Shuichi, Kirumi followed her.

“A plate of spaghetti is about a 100 monocoins.” said Tenko.

“Water in plastic bottle is 20 monocoins, plastic bottled juice is 40. Hot cup of tea is 30. Hot cup of water is 20.”

“Umm, how much is that? in Yen or Dollars?” asked Himiko.

“It doesn’t matter. What matters is how many monocoins we have versus the prices of these food and drinks.” said Shuichi. 

“It’s honestly annoying.” said Maki.

“There is no use complaining. And honestly I just don’t have the energy to complain about this. Let’s just buy different foods and drinks, see how well they taste and how big the proportion is.” said Kaede.

Everyone did as Kaede told and soon they sat around the dining table, each person with a different food. 

0