Ch 42 – Assassin’s way
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What?” gasped Shuichi.

“My phone, it’s been hacked!” yelled Kaito.

“Mine too” said Kaede.

“Miu, what have you done?” grunted Shuichi towards her.

“You get what you deserve, you virgin morons!” yelled Miu aggressively.

“Huh, my phone is actually fine” said Maki.

“It’s because of your rank, you idiot. You, that Sayaka bitch, me are all rank 2 while everyone else is rank 1. That’s why I couldn’t infect your phone, you lucky shit” grumbled Miu.

“Unhack our phones now!” yelled Shuichi.

“Hah, why would I listen to you idiots? you clearly fell for the beautiful genius girlboss Miu Iruma’s trick! Don’t be mad, everyone falls and bends down in front of me sooner or later, Kyahahaha!”

Miu laughed madly and hysterically out loud. But in a moment Maki arrived in front of her and her fist rammed into Miu’s belly. Miu coughed out salive, fell to her knees, her eyes almost jumping out of its sockets. Maki grabbed a hold of Miu’s hair tight and pulled it back up, revealing Miu’s terrified face, covered in snot.

Maki pressed her face onto Miu’s. Her deadly gaze piercing into Miu’s soul. 

“Unhack their phones now or I’ll make you suffer until you start begging for death” said Maki. 

“I…I…” mumbled Miu.

“Maki!” yelled Shuichi.

Ignoring him, Maki quickly pulled out a knife from her leg holster that was attached to her thigh and placed the edge of the knife in front of Miu’s throat.

“Do it!”

“I can’t…I-I’m sorry. You can’t reverse the d-decision to hack a phone. If you pressed the hack option, the first thing you see is a warning that you can’t u-undo this action!” said Miu as tears poured out of her eyes.

“Show me” yelled Maki.

Crying and weeping, Miu scrolled through her phone and showed the screen to Maki. Indeed it said the warning and there doesn’t seem to be any option to reverse the hack.

Maki sighed and pushed Miu’s head away and put the knife back in the holster.

“She is telling the truth. And it affects all copies of that person’s phone so changing your phone by asking Monokuma wouldn’t help. Tho, the lucky news is that the hack only lasts for 3 days.” said Maki.

“Wait for 3 days huh. Jeez, because of you Miu, we have to eat by begging from other people” groaned Kaede.

“Not exactly.” said Maki as she pulled Miu’s phone out of her hand.

“We can use her phone. She could refuse to type on it, but as you can see, I can easily make her cooperate” said Maki.

Miu looked at Maki nervously from below. Maki looked down at her coldly. They made eye contact and suddenly Miu started weeping. This time a lot softer, her face far redder than they normally were. Shuichi couldn’t help but avert his eyes from her.

“K-Kaito.” mumbled Shuichi.

“W-what?” Kaito stuttered.

“Go comfort her. You said you would be looking after her right?” asked Shuichi.

“Yeah…ughhh, fine.” said Kaito with laziness and went towards her.

He picked Miu up from the ground.

“Does anyone have a handkerchief?” asked Kaito out loud.

“Here!” said Himiko and gave a pink handkerchief to Kaito in which he grabbed it and wiped the tear and snot off of Miu’s face.

Maki gave him the phone and sighed. 

Shuichi looked out the window. The sun was setting, releasing its last rays. 

******

Kyoko, Makoto and Aoi entered the portal after waving their hands towards Tenko and Gonta. They walked out of the dojo and went downstairs and further descended down until they finally reached the dining hall.

There a strange conversation was occurring.

“How can we let this abhorred action go unpunished?! Sayaka, give us your phone now!” yelled Kiyotaka as he pointed his finger towards Sayaka who looked coldly towards him from the dining hall table.

“I did what I thought was right. To protect all of you and survive in this killing game. Leave me alone” muttered Sayka, tired.

“Don’t try to fool us! You’re going back to your harmful and barbaric ways. Ways that lead to your death. I cannot stand by and watch while delinquents like you and Byakuya cause more trouble for us.” said Kiyotaka loudly.

“You call us barbaric. But what did you do to save us from this killing game? Nothing, I only see a pacifist who is willing to let others trample over them” said Byakuya with a casual tone.

“Look, we’ve been going on about this nonsense for quite a while. Let’s just relax okay. You do you, we do we, okay?” said Leon with a smile.

“Monokuma’s new killing game rule made it very difficult to do so! How are we supposed to trust the likes of Byakuya, Sayaka and you guys, when you’re so eager to kill others for your own gain?” scolded Kiyotaka strictly.

“Dude, I just sided with Byakuya to protect myself. I didn’t do the offensive attack, Sayaka did. You don’t have to doubt me!” yelled Yasuhro.

“Guys.” mumbled Makoto from the open door.

“Ahh, you guys returned” said Chihiro with an excited smile.

“I told them about how you were going to meet the Gifted Juveniles students. How did it go?” asked Sakura.

“We did and they seemed to be nice people. Honestly, it’s a shame that we didn’t just talk to them during the war phase” said Makoto.

He eyed Sayaka with a frown but she avoided his look.

“So, you’re trying to say that our aggressive behavior was to be blamed and criticized?” asked Byakuya while he sipped on his tea.

“Duh, you guys attacked first” said Aoi.

“Hmph, it may look like my group is the evil one now, but just so you know, I would rather be seen as evil than lose and die. Had we waited, either the time limit would be reached and an extra life would be wasted or the gifted juvenile group or the jabberwock group might have attacked us.” said Byakuya.

“Excuses! You just wanted that stupid reward” yelled Aoi.

“It would have been favorable for us had the war phase prolonged. Monokuma does not want to engage with us directly. Instead he is trying to split us up, let us fight one another. If we look past our differences and work together without being manipulated by Monokuma we could stall this killing game to halt. It might give us enough time and opportunity to break out of this place” said Kyoko.

“Right. In the last killing game, we were able to know the truth and rebel against Monokuma because the game lasted long enough for Kyoko to see an opportunity and grab the master key from Monokuma.” said Makoto.

“So why are you so adamant about fighting other students and following Monokuma’s words?!” yelled Aoi.

“Because none of this makes any sense!” grunted Byakuya.

The room suddenly became silent. Byakuya sighed and got up and talked with a shaky voice.  

0