Ch 45 – Truth Cassete
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*************
Hajime, Chiaki, Gundham, Sonia, Kazuichi, Peko and Fuyuhiko entered the first island through the portal.

When they approached the bridge that leads to the central island, they could see Hiyoko, Mahiru and Ibuki running towards them from the ranch.

“Hey! over here! Everyone is at Hotel Miraiiii!” yelled Ibuki at the top of her voice. 

Hajime’s group followed those three and soon they entered hotel mirai and then into the dining hall.

When they arrived the others were sitting in front of different tables. 

“Ahh, perfect timing. It’s unfortunate that Mikan and Teruteru passed away. But that is no excuse to skip out on a meal.” said the Imposter seriously. 

“Yeah, but you’re not gonna like how we get food tho. This seriously pisses me off” said Akane and pointed towards the foodboard mounted on the wall. Hajime’s group read the instructions on the board. Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi complained upon hearing the changes but there was nothing they could do so they just took food and ate from it.

“What happened to Teruteru and Mikan?” asked Chiaki. 

“Oh, we buried them” said Akane.

“Where?” asked Chiaki with curiosity.

“Umm, not exactly burry. We just put curtains in the warehouse on top of Mikan and Teruteru’s bodies” said Mechamaru with a bit of guilt.

“Jeez, I thought you guys could have at least given them a little more respect” said Fuyuhiko, disappointed.

“Hey, give us a break okay. Touching dead bodies is super creepy!” yelled Ibuki.

“And it’s not appropriate to waste time on the dead. The living should aim to survive and escape this place” said the Imposter.

“Well, we need to work together with the other killing game members to do that” said Hajime.

“Yeah, we might have to take down that barrier. I knew setting that up was a waste of time” said Kazuichi.

“Hmm.” pondered the Imposter.

“Yeah, you’re thinking of not doing that, right?” asked Chiaki.

“Why? We should definitely tear that wall down. The students of Hope’s peak killing game can’t enter this island if we do that” said Mahiru with a frown.

“That’s exactly the idea” said the Imposter.

“Yeah, it’s a way to prevent a murder from happening. If we keep the portal blocked off, it has many benefits. Yes, people of hope’s peak need to travel through the academy of gifted juveniles to reach here. But that will likely make the number of suspect list shrink if a murder happens. Let’s say a murder happened at Hope’s peak, then we can say for sure  that people at Hope’s peak or people at gifted juveniles are the most suspicious as people of Jabberwock Island can’t travel to Hope’s peak without being seen during the day. But if we opened the portal that leads directly to Hope's peak from here, then people at Jabberwock island would be able to easily enter hope’s peak and kill people there” explained Chiaki as clearly as she could.  

“Not to mention if someone from Hope’s peak wanted to murder the people on this island or vise versa, they would have to travel through gifted juveniles academy to do it. Someone would definitely see them going back and forth.” said the Imposter.

“I see, I see. But you could have just said that breaking down the wall is a pain. That would have been a completely legitimate excuse!” yelled Ibuki with passion.

“There is also something I would like to tell you guys. I got a cassette voice recorder from a guy called Shuichi Saihara from the gifted Juvenile Academy. He seems like a reliable guy and he wanted us to listen to this” said Hajime as he waved the cassette recorder in his hand. 

“Hmph, need I remind you that I got the voice recorder from the truth seeker first? He owned three it seems. Threw 1 through the portal to us. Gave one to Makoto and gave 1 to Hajime” said Gundham.

“He also had another one for himself. And besides, it doesn’t matter. Point is we should probably listen to this” said Hajime.

Hajime brought the voice recorder from his pocket and placed it on the table, looked at the people around him and clicked play.

“Hello there. My name is Shuichi Saihara. I’m one of the survivors of the killing game that happened in the academy for gifted juveniles. One of the three survivors. But everyone has revived so everyone is a survivor? No, I have doubts about that. It’s likely that us, you guys and the people who revived from the dead are the result of the flashback-” 

“Shuichi, why are you starting with the biggest bombs? Try to ease in the listeners will ya.” said Himiko. 

“Ahh, yeah. I was rambling, I’m sorry. I should have introduced everyone here first. Himiko was the one who talked just now. She is one of the survivors of the sixth class trial, therefore the killing game.” said Shuichi happily.

“Hello there” said Himiko.

“And Keebo is also here. He is one of the people who almost survived the sixth class trial” said Shuichi.

“I blew myself up” said Keebo.

“Yeah, it’s a long story. Anyways, I know you guys are afraid of getting attacked by us. And while there are some troublemaking students in our group, overall, we’re really great people, the people I got to know here are really amazing. With a girl named Kaede, I even tried to capture the mastermind at the start of the killing game. It didn’t work out well and eventually Kaede ended up dying. But she is in this school, revived or cloned.” said Shuichi.

“You really had to mention that?” asked Himiko.

“We have to. They have to know this. People reviving from the dead is not a normal thing. Especially since their bodies are supposed to be destroyed. But I have a few theories explaining some of these occurrences.  During the sixth trial, it was revealed that our friend Tsumugi was lying to us and was actually the mastermind. But more than that, we found out that the flashback lights are not for recovering forgotten memories but for implanting new memories. Previously, throughout the killing game, Monokuma had given us devices called flashback lights. These devices, when lighted upon you, will make you remember events that you have forgotten, or so we were told. In truth, these were just devices that implanted completely new memories to us. ” said Shuichi.

“In hindsight, we definitely should have talked about the memories we recovered more back then. Who knows, maybe we could have found holes in the memories we recovered” said Keebo.    

“Yeah, but I don’t think those flashback lights were entirely a waste either. Through it, we learned a lot about Hope’s peak academy, the killing game that happened there, Jabberwock island’s killing game, Future Foundation” said Shuichi.

“Nyeh, but those were fake. The future foundation, the Togami corporation, doesn't exist. It’s all fictional” said Himiko. 

“The future foundation doesn’t exist? w-what?” gasped Akane.  

People quickly hushed Akane quiet.   

0