Ch 46 – Fiction can change the world!
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haha, and you were warning me about throwing bombs. But what Himiko said is true. Everything is fiction. It turned out that my personality, memories were all- oh, great, Kaito arrived” said Shuichi.

“Hey guys, the name is Kaito Momota luminary of the stars!” yelled Kaito out loud.

“Yeah. Kaito is a really cool guy who helped me and many out during the killing game. He tried to rebel against Monokuma but ended up dying because of the disease that was implanted in him” said Shuichi.

“Oh, speaking of which, I am perfectly fine now. That disease that made me cough blood seems to be gone completely.” said Kaito happily.

“Anyways, during the sixth trial, Tsumugi revealed to us that our personalities, memories before the killing game started were all fabricated by Team Danganronpa, the masterminds behind the killing game. According to Tsumugi and the video footage she showed us, some talentless people from the real world willingly wanted to join the killing game we were in, Danganronpa 53. They offered their bodies as vessels and flashback lights that contained our personalities and memories were shined upon them. It erased their memories and implanted our personalities and memories into their body” reported Shuichi.

“Man, that’s still so crazy to hear about.” mumbled Kaito.

“Now, here is the important part. I have a few theories explaining the situation we are in. Why the dead are revived and why this killing game is happening.” said Shuichi and cleared his throat then continued.

“Theory 1 is that there is some method the masterminds used to create artificial bodies. Perhaps, an extremely advanced method that allows people to create bodies with the exact same height, facial and body features. Then, all they have to do is shine the flashback lights containing our personality and memories onto the bodies. Because during Danganronpa 53, the killing game we previously participated in, it was very clear that the bodies of the dead were well, actually dead. But this theory explains why our friends are alive from the dead.

Not only that but I don't think even the survivors are actually real people. I know some people survived the events of hope’s peak and Jabberwock Island killing games. But the thing is, those events are not real. Those events are just fictional stories in a fictional universe called Danganronpa. Everything you know, everything you did during your killing game is all part of Danganronpa. It’s all lies, just artificial memories implanted into your head because Danganropa is such a big world wide phenomenon. It went on for 53 seasons. Some of them are video games, anime and some of them are real life killing games.   Now, the difference between us and you guys is that, the way I remember it Danganronpa 53 was Ultimate real fiction. Even if our memories and personalities before the killing game were fictional and written by the masterminds, the killing game actually happened in real life and our bodies are real. And Himiko, Maki and I were able to escape the game alive.

But unfortunately, I don’t remember anything past that. It could be that we got captured by killing game enthusiasts, they erased our memories and put us into the game again. But unless those events happened really fast, our bodies should have aged. Which leads me to believe that Himiko, Maki and I are fictional too. It’s likely our bodies, personality and memories were artificially created again to copy the more original versions of us who participated in Danganronpa 53. I don’t know why Monokuma and the people who are running the current game allowed us to have these memories. Us telling everything we know to you guys like this could potentially ruin your drives to participate in the killing game.

“Nyeh, maybe they wanted to perfectly replicate Danganronpa 53.” said Himiko.

“Well, they failed at that considering Tsumugi doesn’t remember being the mastermind. At least according to her.” said Shuichi.

“Hey, what was your other theory, Shuichi?” asked Kaito.

“Oh yeah. I read from the journal we found during Danganronpa 53 as well as the memory from the flashback light that Jabberwock Island’s killing game happened in virtual reality. The second theory I had was that we’re in a virtual world. It would explain how Monokuma is able to create these portals, have the exact replica of hope’s peak, jabberwock and gifted juvenile academy as well as the dead people coming back to life. Of course, none of that would really change much in regards to all of us being fictional characters. You guys have fake memories and personalities. The only reason your body looks real is because of virtual reality. In truth, your real bodies could look very different from how you look now.” said Shuichi confidently.

“That’s another crazy possibility on the table huh. But still, being in a virtual world is still kinda cool tho, no?” asked Kaito.   

“No, I really hope my second theory is incorrect. If we truly are in a virtual world, then there is not much we could really do to fight against Monokuma and escape this place” said Shuichi.

“Unless of course, we convince the outside world to change their horrible ways!” yelled Himiko.

“Yeah. But I’m afraid I need to hammer the point onto their heads harder this time. The people who created this killing game had to have listened to my speech and known the events of Danganronpa 53. Yet they still were eager to create this killing game and toy with our lives. They are probably rotten to the core. Stupid and stubborn enough to ignore my words.” said Shuichi with contempt.

“Shuichi, I’ve been meaning to ask. Do you believe everything Tsumugi said to be the truth during the sixth trial?” asked Keebo.

“No, not exactly. It’s hard to be certain for sure. Tsumugi, team Danganronpa and the outside world are all unreliable. They wanted us to stay in the dark as long as possible. Tsumugi said that the whole world enjoys the killing game. But I doubt it’s true. From what I have known, every person is different and unique. And something as controversial as a killing game should provoke some discussions. Maybe some regions, countries are able to hold a killing game. But there should be people against it. At the time, I was too shocked to think straight. But in hindsight, Tsumugi wanted us to despair and stay inside the killing game or win through their killing game rules. She never would have wanted to mention that there are people in the world that oppose real killing games.” said Shuichi.

“I see. Then we must exit this killing game because there are people who are compassionate and oppose the killing game just like us! Even if my memories and personalities are fictional it’s fine because fiction can change the world.” said Keebo.

“Yeah, I don’t care if killing games are legal or illegal. I do what my heart tells me to. And I want freedom, love and peace for everyone!” said Shuichi boldly.

“Yeah! We’re definitely tearing this killing game down!” cried Himiko.

“Hell yeah! Whether we’re in virtual reality or not, we’ll break your game and escape because the impossible is possible.” yelled Kaito.

“Yeah. And I want you guys to remember. It doesn’t matter whether you’re fictional or not. You should know the value of your own life just from the present moment alone. Your love and life is real because you exist here and now. You don’t need to hope that what I said was a lie or despair knowing that everything you know is fake. Even if we’re all born from lies, that lie can change the world!” said Shuichi reassuringly.

There was a clicking sound and the cassette ended there.

0