Chapter 3 – Slurp
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 – Slurp

“He’s an outgoing kid. What happened to him?” One of the boy’s friends asked. They felt a little lonely without him.

Their group of friends liked to hang out with their bikes. The precipitous roads – these were their heaven. One of them even joined the youth bikers league. They loved biking and the danger within it. It gave them an immense thrill.

“People said a demon was spotted during the night. It will claim its victim’s mind before eating the body. It especially likes young kids.”

“Bullshit. Are you four years old? Adults just wanted to scare your butt off the road.”

“Guys, don’t you feel that it’s too cold tonight?”

“Lol. Of course, it’s cold! We are sweating in the middle of the night!”

“Wait! What is that?” Suddenly, one of them shouted. But before they could react, a giant hole emerged from the ground.

Slurp.

Two monstrous lips touched. A dead silence ensued right after.

The police sealed the town the moment each kid’s parent cried for help. A search team was formed.

While these events unfolded, the boy was shaking alone in the hospital. He ran away from the ward but he wasn’t sure of the exit.

All because every corridor led to complete darkness!

He kept whispering. There. The demon god was there!

Noises of bodies being dragged across the ground sounded in the silent hospital night.

Clatter!

Utensils fell down. It woke up the boy from his fear stupor. Only then did he observe the place around him. He was in the kitchen.

A brightly lit kitchen. And yet, the boy perceived the light was too dark!

From the back, a hand reached out to him.

He screamed in horror and backed away!

But the hand held him quickly and its owner lifted him. The next thing the boy knew, he was in the gentle embrace of his mother.

“Don’t be afraid. Let’s go home.”

The boy sobbed. Good thing it was his mother, he reflected. He desperately needed warmth at this moment of time. Thus, he buried his head in her chest. After a minute or so, he began to snore.

He looked like a sweet boy.

Unbeknownst to him, the eyes of his mother rotated. It was an eerie visage from the supposed mother’s loving expression.

Instead, she plastered a hungry expression.

1