Chapter 65: I am taking back the crown
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65: I am taking back the crown

Leon was waiting for the siren to come back to his apartments. They were in the family wing. The ever-present weight of the bird on Leon's shoulder had not allowed for him to assign any other rooms to the adventurer.

Outside, he looked the very picture of serenity. With a bouquet of roses in his hand, he looked the very picture of a besotted man. Internally, he was livid.

He shouldn't have to grovel to a commoner. To a farm boy, born and raised on a ranch. One who had lived on a ranch until recently. But, if there was one thing that Leon did well, it was to adapt.

That was how he had gotten the throne, how he had kept the crown on his head. To rule, he would do anything. Even force himself to appear in love with the fat man who had ruined his plans.

 The door creaked open, and Thomas got inside. He looked a bit pale, but Leon supposed that the vampire had helped himself to some of the man's blood.

"I have been waiting for you," Leon was going to get the show on the road, no matter what.

"Really? If this is about your proclamation this morning," Thomas didn't know how to proceed. Of course, it was about the love proclamation. What else could it be about?

"Did you think on it?" Leon asked. Here, in the dimly lit room, they could both shed all pretenses.

"Lucius told me that I am to be your consort," Thomas spoke, head bowed.

"But you won't like it?" Leon asked. He got up, and brought the roses under the siren's nose. "I enjoy your voice. Sing something for me?"

Thomas chuckled, and took the roses. He remembered when better people had asked him to speak and sing. That was all in the past now.

"I'd rather not sing at this hour," Thomas went pass the king, and sat on a chair, getting his boots off himself.

"You would sing for the court, but not your king?" Leon couldn't help it; he felt a spark of indignation in himself. A rebellious spark that the mockingbird felt as well. The king felt the feathers of the accursed being brush against his neck. A clear warning.

"Let us not play this game, shall we? You get to keep the crown, and I am going to be punished by Lucius for what I have done. Things are as simple as that," Thomas stood up, and placed his boots on the floor by the door.

A hand gripped his arm, and he turned to stare at the king.

"You should grow your hair long," Leon spoke, as he led the siren to the bed. "I like long hair."

"You and Lucius both," Thomas said, he let himself be placed on the bed, and blinked when the king began to undo his belt. "What are you doing?"

"You seem to be under the impression that I will wait," Leon hissed, and the tone startled Thomas out of his stupor.

"I can have you spent the night in chains and a gag in your mouth," Thomas threatened. The king smirked at him.

"But you won't," Leon pushed him on his back, and went to straddle him. "Have you ever done this before?"

Thomas's heart was racing. All he could do was shake his head.

"Do you want to do it now?" Leon whispered over his lips. Thomas blinked at the king.

Leon was fair haired. With the bluest eyes that Thomas had ever seen. So deep one could drown in.

"I..." his lips were sealed then.

The morning after, Leon woke up and saw that he was still spooning the siren. He didn't feel any claws in his shoulder, this bright morning. Placing a lazy kiss on his bedmate's neck, he stood up and went to a nearby platter with fruits.

His fingers danced over the grapes. Big and juicy. A deep purple color that promised him sweetness. Much like how Thomas had delivered, in all his fumbling.

The summoner had not tried to top him even once. Leon realized something because of that. The man was indecisive. With the bird, Thomas could have been the one being given head, instead of the one having to give it. He could have been the one to trust into Leon, instead of the one to be penetrated.

Thomas stirred in the bed. Leon smiled, and picked one particularly juicy looking grape. He carried it back to the bed, and pressed it to Thomas's mouth.

"Do eat up, and then sing for me," Leon pressed the grape next to Thomas's lips. The uncertain way in which the summoner's tongue took the grape made Leon want to flip him again and have his way with him.

A siren's voice during sex was something else, Leon had to admit. It had made him forget that the body under him was not what he would usually enjoy. It had driven him mad with lust, and now, he wanted to hear it again.

The best spoil of last night's activities, for Leon at least, was that the bird was no longer on his shoulder. He could see it perched on the windowsill. It was grotesque. A mockery of nature. He would do anything for that thing to never ride on his shoulder again.

"My king," the voice and words sent a pleasant shiver down Leon's spine. "Your game is not amusing."

"You played it all the same," Leon said with a smirk. "Sing for me, Tommy. Now, where is your harp?"

"I need a shower," Thomas said instead. His eyes looked to the mockingbird.

"I'll behave," Leon spoke, his own eyes on the creature. "No city will be razed in your absence. Don't you need that thing for your own protection?"

"How do you know I am leaving?" Thomas's eyes were more focused now. Leon smirked, and leaned down, so that he could pin the siren under him.

"Never mind that. Let me make you sing again," a knock was heard on the door, just as Leon was about to kiss Thomas.

"My king, are you inside? The petitions are in an hour," Leon's eyes snapped to the door, and he growled.

"I'll be right down," he said, and then looked down at Thomas. "Keep the bird off me, and I will make this pleasant for you."

Without another word, Leon headed for the bathroom. He could always make the siren moan for him during a different night. Who else but him would look pass the weight, to see the delights the man offered?

1