My Love – The Past
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were friends long ago, I was a senior and he was a junior. We met through one of my favorite people at the time - Sid. We met at lunch when I ate with her and another friend Roni, his cuteness and beauty struck me immediately, especially those deep blue eyes I could lose myself in. His snarky jokes and angelic laugh brightened my day. 

It was good timing as it left my best friends at the time the chance to know each other better and become a couple. Friends lost to time and misunderstandings. I told them if my crush and they said to go for it, but I was too afraid. Too many things in my life we're rushing around in chaos and his rejection may have broken my fragile heart at the time.

I used any excuse to eat lunch with Sid and Roni because My Love was never far away. His soul sang to me every time I was near him, it gave me the energy and hope for the future. Seeing him smiling and laughing was the best part of my day in those dark times. I only hope he enjoyed my company half as much as I did his.

We grew that year, maturing and learning how we wanted our lives to go. Eventually I went to the nearby college, and he followed. He took classes at the college with Sid, her boyfriend at the time, and Roni. It was a surprise and a blessing to see him there, sadly this is where we drifted apart.

I could no longer afford college due to my family's situation, I left after a semester and never went back. I hope he doesn't think I didn't want to see him or the others, but there was simply too much on my plate. I moved away from home and had a falling out after half a year of living with my ex best friends.

I returned home to mayhem, my father dying of cancer while two of my brothers became lost in drugs and hatred. We threw the brothers out after my father passed, and not 3 months after my father's passing my mother took one of my father's pills she had hidden and drank alcohol. She didn't pass but she had a stroke, now 3 years later and my brother and I are caring for her.

It has been a long journey but I am stronger for it. I hope he sees the strength of my heart and soul and appreciates it as I appreciate all of him. My journey is not yet over, I only hope I can walk it with you, My Love.

0